IGNORED

Be Like Gordon

RedRock

The World needs more Gordon’s!

Gordon Strachan tore up his contract, walked away voluntarily with no compensation from his job at ‘Boro. 

For that he gained enormous respect and still, what, nearly a decade on I remember that act. Respect to Gordon.

Can’t see that happening here myself. I suspect that despite £££ of Uncle Steve’s money, he will hang on as long as he can and then maximise his compensation. City fan my a**e. 

Lets hope our CEO’s reputation for hard negotiations extended to performance clauses to manager contract terminations. 

PS To the Commercial Team. I know you used a picture of CoD kissing the badge to promote tonight’s match on BCTV either as a bit of a joke or as the only player you thought would be guaranteed a starting place. Please, though, don’t use a picture of Johnson doing the same for your next TV promotion, there’s good lads.

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

The World needs more Gordon’s!

Gordon Strachan tore up his contract, walked away voluntarily with no compensation from his job at ‘Boro. 

For that he gained enormous respect and still, what, nearly a decade on I remember that act. Respect to Gordon.

Can’t see that happening here myself. I suspect that despite £££ of Uncle Steve’s money, he will hang on as long as he can and then maximise his compensation. City fan my a**e. 

Lets hope our CEO’s reputation for hard negotiations extended to performance clauses to manager contract terminations. 

PS To the Commercial Team. I know you used a picture of CoD kissing the badge to promote tonight’s match on BCTV either as a bit of a joke or as the only player you thought would be guaranteed a starting place. Please, though, don’t use a picture of Johnson doing the same for your next TV promotion, there’s good lads.

And a decade on who is he managing ?

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Lee believes in himself, even if others don’t.  He’s here because he THINKS HE can do a job.  No need to insult the bloke by doubting his motives.  If he ultimately fails, it won’t be for lack of effort or belief, and the suggestion that’s he taking the club for a ride is completely unwarranted.  

EDIT

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-admits-useless-middlesbroughs-18361223

Think the two situations are slightly different...

"Gordon Strachan has resigned as Middlesbrough manager after less than a year in charge at the Riverside.

Strachan departed with the club in 20th place in the Championship, their lowest league position for 20 years."

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

And a decade on who is he managing ?

Part the point, I suppose, don’t think he is.

Maybe he thought he’s not got the qualities to manage a football club.

Doesn’t set aside he’s got decent principles in terms of termination of a contract when he is not getting the players to perform to their potential. 

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Lee believes in himself, even if others don’t.  He’s here because he can do a job.  No need to insult the bloke by doubting his motives.  If he ultimately fails, it won’t be for lack of effort or belief, and the suggestion that’s he taking the club for a ride is completely unwarranted.  

No insult and none intended on Johnson as far as I’m concerned. My only question is this,  a true City fan or like CoD, just ‘kissing the badge’.

Put it this way, if I was a City fan and had served up much of what we had witnessed over the last 18 months at The Gate, if I had delivered two performances post lockdown that are amongst the worst I have witnessed in   50 + years, if I saw our promotion hopes dissolving and if I was a wealthy man and had been given every opportunity by the owner .... would I now do a Gordon?

Yes. 

But.........................Gordon is a moron

according to Jilted John

Oh, she is cruel and heartless
To pack me for Gordon
Just 'cause he's better looking than me
Just 'cause he's cool and trendy

But I know he's a moron, Gordon is a moron
Gordon is a moron, Gordon is a moron

Here we go, two three four

Oh she's a slag and he's a creep
She's a tart, he's very cheap
She is a slut, he thinks he's tough
She is a bitch, he is a puff
Yeah yeah, it's not fair
Yeah yeah, it's not fair

(I'm so upset)

I'm so upset, I'm so upset, yeah yeah

51 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Lee believes in himself, even if others don’t.  He’s here because he can do a job.  No need to insult the bloke by doubting his motives.  If he ultimately fails, it won’t be for lack of effort or belief, and the suggestion that’s he taking the club for a ride is completely unwarranted.  

Ps if you don’t want to see real insults, please don’t read the hundreds of comments on Facebook beneath the Club’s TV promotion posting.

I thought things could get a ‘little choppy’ of here at times, but talk about a fan base meltdown! 

15 minutes ago, RedRock said:

No insult and none intended on Johnson as far as I’m concerned. My only question is this,  a true City fan or like CoD, just ‘kissing the badge’.

Put it this way, if I was a City fan and had served up much of what we had witnessed over the last 18 months at The Gate, if I had delivered two performances post lockdown that are amongst the worst I have witnessed in   50 + years, if I saw our promotion hopes dissolving and if I was a wealthy man and had been given every opportunity by the owner .... would I now do a Gordon?

Yes. 

We've played crap the last two games and prior to the lockdown but you are way too dramatic about the situation.

He's gonna get atleast till the end of the season so you may aswell get used to it. 

Pulling out the moral high card for him to decide to make himself unemployed is madness. How much he's earning or earned doesn't give you the right to say he should rip up his contract. You don't know his personal outgoings.

Moving away from your ramblings about him not being a proper fan. With respect of his future I think it's on shaky ground if we carry on losing with drab performances and rightly so he'll be under scrutiny but do we really need another thread discussing that.

Get a grip I say.

10 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

We've played crap the last two games and prior to the lockdown but you are way too dramatic about the situation.

He's gonna get atleast till the end of the season so you may aswell get used to it. 

Pulling out the moral high card for him to decide to make himself unemployed is madness. How much he's earning or earned doesn't give you the right to say he should rip up his contract. You don't know his personal outgoings.

Moving away from your ramblings about him not being a proper fan. With respect of his future I think it's on shaky ground if we carry on losing with drab performances and rightly so he'll be under scrutiny but do we really need another thread discussing that.

Get a grip I say.

The Club don’t view me as a ‘fan’ but a ‘customer’. 

No longer a ‘shareholder’, as I gave my shares to the foundation a couple of months back. 

But I would say ‘Customers’ and ‘Shareholders’ (albeit past) have a right, as far as I’m concerned, to comment on their ‘product’, how it is run, including how much people are paid and their contracts. That’s what happens in  the real business world. 

BTW no chance of Johnson becoming unemployed, we’ve heard on many occasions how sought after he is. I’m sure he would just step into a job in the Premiership if he left us - didn’t he once say he’d turned down offers? Apologies in advance if I’m wrong. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

When he left Boro, I was so upset I cried all the way to the chip shop.

Corrrrr.... Don't get me started on fish and chips; I just seen a text from a Cornish compatriot send me a photo of his pastie straight out the oven. ...

Back to me noodles. ?

Archived