IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 40

Well folks, I thought I would give this a go inspite of feeling rather miffed with football. I would say we are all feeling the blues.

I suspect a fair number of us over 45ers can remember the day we got a result in the cup at the City ground. I am saying this from pure memory. The most vivid part of the trip north was when we scored, someone help me out and say who - Barnard?, I was at the front of the long stand. I jumped for joy ripping a 6' gash in my new green cords. Plus a bit of blood later I recovered my sense of balance and thought for a while we were invincible.

Not felt that way until we were promoted with Stevie C to be fair. Or perhaps for a smidgeon when Korey got that goal v Man U.

An away win bizarrely puts us back, sort of, into the mix.

I shall not wait up but look forward to reading this forum match day tomorrow post by post and feel the anticipation, the glory, the dullness.... Shall I end there?.

Night all.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well folks, I thought I would give this a go inspite of feeling rather miffed with football. I would say we are all feeling the blues.

I suspect a fair number of us over 45ers can remember the day we got a result in the cup at the City ground. I am saying this from pure memory. The most vivid part of the trip north was when we scored, someone help me out and say who - Barnard?, I was at the front of the long stand. I jumped for joy ripping a 6' gash in my new green cords. Plus a bit of blood later I recovered my sense of balance and thought for a while we were invincible.

Not felt that way until we were promoted with Stevie C to be fair. Or perhaps for a smidgeon when Korey got that goal v Man U.

An away win bizarrely puts us back, sort of, into the mix.

I shall not wait up but look forward to reading this forum match day tomorrow post by post and feel the anticipation, the glory, the dullness.... Shall I end there?.

Night all.

Nice intro @havanatopia, but I’m afraid you lost your credibility when you said you had green cords. Have you no self respect? 

Was living in Tamworth at the time and got to say all my Brummie mates were massively impressed by our following that night. They couldn’t believe we had the side as well as the away section terrace.

Up there with best atmosphere with City away. Ashby was fun too!

Still remember that Mardon goal and the Walshy shuffles on the wing. 

Match was shown on Central TV and still have the video.

Happy days.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Thank you chaps. Fabulous memories both mine for the joy of the game and yours for remembering. What's the secret? Rogaine? Super Greens? I know... Fish and chips. 

God knows.

I can remember everything about that night, but I can't remember what I came in this room for.

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Nice intro @havanatopia, but I’m afraid you lost your credibility when you said you had green cords. Have you no self respect? 

I know right. Those were the days tho. We had a bright yellow velvet sofa, Dad had an XL silver MK3 Corrina and older brother massive gold platform shoes...Spandau Ballet and Madness playing on the Rotel system... Crackin 80's.

Just now, havanatopia said:

I know right. Those were the days tho. We had a bright yellow velvet sofa, Dad had an XL silver MK3 Cortina and older brother massive gold platform shoes...Spandau Ballet and Madness playing on the Rotel system... Crackin 80's.

• Like 1

I remember it poured down and my precious souvenir match day  programme was soggier than an incontinent’s underpants . 

We did the typical City thing of very nearly winning. 

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

His red ones were in the wash .

• Like 1

P.s. have they been messing around with otib again.. all these silly little extra features and my corrections sibling up as a repost... Modern is not always good chaps.

P.s... I an on VPN... No OTIB in Asia... Fix it . Thank you very much indeed.

Just now, havanatopia said:

P.s. have they been messing around with otib again.. all these silly little extra features and my corrections showing up as a repost... Modern is not always good chaps.

P.s... I an on VPN... No OTIB in Asia... Fix it . Thank you very much indeed.

Oh see... Done it again. 

8 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0df0385db3ffb60e6531e849f8ee361a.jpeg

Not sure what’s more staggering, the fact COD starts again or it seems Johnson is going with Afobe on the left again. 

Maenpaa

Vyner   Williams   Baker   Dasilva
                Smith    Nagy
                   O’Dowda
  Weimann                      Afobe

Wells

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, tin said:

Not sure what’s more staggering, the fact COD starts again or it seems Johnson is going with Afobe on the left again. 

Maenpaa

Smith    Nagy
                   O’Dowda

Wells

Is it really that staggering anymore?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Got his posh voice on.

Might as well be on the paid staff - a great chance to tell the truth about the fans feelings missed.

Lets focus on Vyner and Afobe and not the fact Palmer is out whilst playing a clip of Palmer looking busy in training.

Yes man !!

3 minutes ago, tin said:

Maenpaa

Smith    Nagy
                   O’Dowda

Wells

Thanks, I was trying to figure out who RB was - we've had 4 weeks of being told Vyner will play midfield.

Has he gone off Liverpool's 433 and decided this week for a Brazilian 424 formation? A 424 is bold. LJ wants us to be bold.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thanks, I was trying to figure out who RB was - we've had 4 weeks of being told Vyner will play midfield.

Has he gone off Liverpool's 433 and decided this week for a Brazilian 424 formation? A 424 is bold. LJ wants us to be bold.

Lj in a bikini. That's all the team needs to fire

5 minutes ago, Meh said:

Might as well be on the paid staff - a great chance to tell the truth about the fans feelings missed.

Lets focus on Vyner and Afobe and not the fact Palmer is out whilst playing a clip of Palmer looking busy in training.

Yes man !!

He spends a lot of time listing ljs faults then goes on to say he doesn’t think it’s time for a change, really does my head in

• Like 1