IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 40

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Agreed. There is a certain irony that his fate may ultimately be decided in a game where we've performed a bit better than most of recent games but ultimately our poor recent performances have created a situation where a decent performance undone by three individual errors just isn't enough.

I don't think even a draw will make a difference. Either two goals with ten men or that's that...

Are you really convinced it’s play offs or bust for LJ? I’m not. Although I’d like to be.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

It's a pretty decent excuse when you're 1 down and then go down to 10 men. 

Give Lee a break tonight. 

Mistakes from 2 players that have nothing to do with Lee. 

I honestly don't think he's earned that break though. He's unlucky tonight for sure but this game has become so high pressure because of how poor we have been so many times this season. Those two mistakes have become so costly because of that and ultimately, unlucky than he is nothing, he can't really claim to be hard done by if this is the final nail in the coffin. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I honestly don't think he's earned that break though. He's unlucky tonight for sure but this game has become so high pressure because of how poor we have been so many times this season. Those two mistakes have become so costly because of that and ultimately, unlucky than he is nothing, he can't really claim to be hard done by if this is the final nail in the coffin. 

The football has been shit the buck stops with the manager time to go.

• Like 2

Summing up the game in three sentences...

Started brightly and created a couple of fleeting chances.

Goal down, Williams sees Red, team cohesion breaks down.

Hoof the ball up field constantly without any refinement hoping for a half chance.

(Ps - the commentators are doing my swede in!)

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

:fingerscrossed:

14 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

So, does this mean that Weimann is no longer trusted? I'm so confused. 

No mate you are a Bristol City FC fan you and most of us supporters are not confused That award goes to our current head coach and so called F.....G Coaching staff and even more so the powers that be 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are you really convinced it’s play offs or bust for LJ? I’m not. Although I’d like to be.

Not convinced for sure. But we've not not won in eight, lost three on the spin and this is the third season in a row where our season has ultimately been undone by a late collapse. LJ has claimed he has prepared the team as he wanted to and has a virtually fit squad which is of his choosing so I cannot see what he will claim to be able to get right next time that he hasn't been able to get right until now.

Up until this season, I think there's always been a plausible argument - whether you agree with or not - that LJ could turn it around with another season. I don't see that now and I don't think SL's loyalty and patience is limitless. We have not progressed this season and several players, including two we've spent a lot of money on, have arguably gone backwards. I don't think SL will want to rush to make a change but, barring a string of brilliant performances and a near miss of the play-offs, I can't see how he will not make it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

In the context of our recent form and his tactical choices, absolutely. He can't use this result in isolation to defend himself if he is sacked. However, he can use those 2 incidents as an excuse as to why we might not have got more from tonight. 

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

LJ not to blame for this match. The other matches however......time to go

How astute!

He certainly isn’t to ‘blame’ for our bright first 45 as he couldn’t replicate it even if he tried.

And even if he could, we still didn’t ******* score ?