IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 40

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Thrown this one away through Weimann and Williams’s stupidity, but played some great football.  I hope we can concentrate on the positives rather than resort to the usual pointless Johnson Out threads.

We still wouldn’t have won. 

really makes no difference how well you played tonight or how you can compensate for a silly foul for the goal or the sending off its still another lose.. that's now no wins in 8 games (only a few draws in there) its relegation form, cant blame the break been the same for all . we started back after the break with all players back and a few points off 6th in 7th place... its utter garbage and LJ time has finally run out can anyone honestly say they would trust him to be manager next season and get us up, would not get many....

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

He or, actually, it may have been JL said playoffs were the expectation. 

After spending record money, and finishing potentially below last year, I think he's a dead man walking. 

He's also lost the fans. I've been a firm supporter of his, but, even I'm not interested now. 

Expectation isn’t the same as coming out saying he’s gone if there isn’t play offs. 

People fail targets in their jobs all the time. 

That's that. Improved performance but, easy though it is to blame everything on Williams and Weimann's errors, the reality is that this was a must-win game and, though we certainly looked better, we never seriously looked like scoring. 

All Weimann's error has really done has meant that a draw that would not have been good enough for what we need has instead become a defeat that is not good enough for what we need.

Even without Weimann and Williams, it would not have been enough and, given the need for a result, the problem tonight lay primarily in our failure to create clear cut chances far more than defensive mistakes. 

• Like 1
Just now, keflav said:

really makes no difference how well you played tonight or how you can compensate for a silly foul for the goal or the sending off its still another lose.. that's now no wins in 8 games (only a few draws in there) its relegation form, cant blame the break been the same for all . we started back after the break with all players back and a few points off 6th in 7th place... its utter garbage and LJ time has finally run out can anyone honestly say they would trust him to be manager next season and get us up, would not get many....

Did we really play well during the first half?

No goals and no good chances.

Typical Johnson in that you can point to some ‘patterns of play’ or something as a positive, yet ultimately didn’t score a goal.

There are games where you do everything but score, keep is pulling saves out all over the place, you hit the post, bar and then you get done. 

That is an undeserved loss, a game where you barely create any chances despite playing OK, and then you conceded a goal is really not. 

Johnson can take the blame for the fact that despite being better than complete shit we still have not created anything. 

• Like 2

Better and we showed signs of being a good side at times however individual errors and moments of Madness not just Williams Korey lost his head and was kicking that guy on the floor he should have gone as well. However LJ has proved he can take us no further and time to go

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not convinced for sure. But we've not not won in eight, lost three on the spin and this is the third season in a row where our season has ultimately been undone by a late collapse. LJ has claimed he has prepared the team as he wanted to and has a virtually fit squad which is of his choosing so I cannot see what he will claim to be able to get right next time that he hasn't been able to get right until now.

Up until this season, I think there's always been a plausible argument - whether you agree with or not - that LJ could turn it around with another season. I don't see that now and I don't think SL's loyalty and patience is limitless. We have not progressed this season and several players, including two we've spent a lot of money on, have arguably gone backwards. I don't think SL will want to rush to make a change but, barring a string of brilliant performances and a near miss of the play-offs, I can't see how he will not make it. 

I hope you’re right. This particular run of three games is literally inexcusable - fully fit squad, winnable matches.

No win in 8 at the business end of the season tells it own story. I don’t see how Lansdown can continue to endorse LJ when there is no end to the consistent inconsistency.

• Like 3

I've actually lost all interest now. Time to ring in some major changes in both management and playing staff.

The club has the infrastructure but it seems like we've built Wembley to watch Yatton Athletic

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1