IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 40

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

How so? 

I dont think you can judge on 45 minutes, especially against a very defensive side who also happen to be one of the best sides in the league.

Over 90 minutes I agree we should do more and LJ is to blame for this, first 45 I thought we were good and got into dangerous positions.

Season over I'm afraid. £17m worth of strikers on the pitch and we still don't look like scoring.

Also, I never want to see Williams in a City shirt ever again. It's not the first time he has behaved like a total idiot and let us down badly added to the fact that he's too slow to catch a cold anyway.  Should not have even made the starting 11 anyway with 2 quality centre halves on the bench.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kibs said:

LLLDDLLL

We've scored what, 5 goals in the last 8 games? Haven't scored more than once in any of them. Have had the least shots at goal in the entire division! 

It's quite shocking really. What an opportunity we had with the break to regain some confidence, get people fit and mount a push for the play-offs. Wasted. 

Streaky strikes again.

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I've actually lost all interest now. Time to ring in some major changes in both management and playing staff.

The club has the infrastructure but it seems like we've built Wembley and spent £Millions to watch a supposedly bright young coach turn talented and expensive footballers into absolute melts while boring the hell out of the supporters!

My thoughts were close to yours! 

• Like 1
  • Admin
6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

A shot from Afobe and the Williams? header from the long throw. Feels like there were a couple more but only 2 shots on target according to flash scores

As someone who hasn't played football for over 20 years I would have comfortably save both efforts

Lets be honest it was one of those performances where we could play for hours and never score !!

I was surprised how little Wells was involved tonight - but in truth it was just typical frustrating old city yet again

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I've actually lost all interest now. Time to ring in some major changes in both management and playing staff.

The club has the infrastructure but it seems like we've built Wembley to watch Yatton Athletic

Bit harsh Tone. I played for Yatton for 4-5 seasons before managing the 1st team for 7 years and we were better to watch than City I reckon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Settled in my chair to watch this match on Robins TV. Curry, beer and then first half of half decent play from us. Second half................well...................nearly finished a half bottle of scotch now. Weimann... stupid to let that free kick happen. Williams.......enough said. Korey, frustration at it's highest. SL..............IT'S TIME TO ACT NOW before you lose the faith of us fans.

Decent performance , specially first 45, and if we'd have played like that the first two games we wouldn't be where we are.

Plus points

Nagy looked the the player we need, faded a little 2nd half but not too surprising
Smith with Nagy looked more solid, again mainly first half.
Benik looked a threat through the middle, he also looked rusty, which I think we can forgive him for.
COD looked much better wide, got more involved and actually tried taking his man on.
JD looked near his old self.
Vyner got 90 minutes, goo long throw.
Palmer's passing , get him fit and involved.
Generally more movement, pace in closing down, control and passing was better. Over 90 minutes probably as good as we've been this season.

Minus Points

Crossing was poor and passing deteriorated.
Ashley Williams? that's the last we'll see of him.
Well's started poorly and drifted.
Pato was the version that really annoys me
Vyner continually get caught in possession and his crossing/long passing was dreadful.
Generally not clinical enough in the final 3rd

If you took this game on it's own, I'd be reasonably pleased. Now whether that's because I was so down after the other two games I don't know. Nagy and Smith looked very good first half, worked well and Weimann and COD busy wide with the two in the middle working together well, mainly Afobe I admit. We looked reasonably solid, carried potential threat and the tempo was good. I even thought the free kick they scored from was harsh, they did that well on a few occasions. Williams? I've seen those as a yellow, and don't forget Bailey Wright got a suspension for getting hit like that and the blokes red overturned. 
It shows we can play with intensity and purpose, now Cardiff is an interesting one. Lose that and Lansdown surely has a decision to make, to be honest I think he has one to make anyway. Whichever way you look at it, another opportunity wasted.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Settled in my chair to watch this match on Robins TV. Curry, beer and then first half of half decent play from us. Second half................well...................nearly finished a half bottle of scotch now. Weimann... stupid to let that free kick happen. Williams.......enough said. Korey, frustration at it's highest. SL..............IT'S TIME TO ACT NOW before you lose the faith of us fans.

Think a lot of the fans have already lost faith in the manager, management and the club we have gone stagnant , massive changes needed all over the club...

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Summing up the game in three sentences...

Started brightly and created a couple of fleeting chances.

Goal down, Williams sees Red, team cohesion breaks down.

Hoof the ball up field constantly without any refinement hoping for a half chance.

(Ps - the commentators are doing my swede in!)

Started brightly actually stringing a few passes together , but still plenty of aimless balls into the channels.

didnt come out of the traps second half. Wiemann/Bentley at fault for the goal.

stipd red by Williams and more aimless hoof ball .

its actually a worry that finding us string a few passages of play together is deemed as “playing much better” by plenty of us on here. Have we really sunk so low ? 

The football has been poor for a very long time . Time to go 

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would have preferred Watkins wide right to Weimann tonight.

Thought O'Dowda was okay, but Paterson really looked to add some creativity on that side when he came on.

So maybe Pato and Watkins on wings would have been better.

And they both run around a lot so not really missing that if we left out Callum and Weimann

Ah well, all a bit academic now barring a lottery win

2 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

No way is he going to act now. I'm convinced that if Johnson does go, which he probably won't, it will either be MacAllister or Robins. If it's the former, prepare for League One. Either way, it won't happen now.

Not ITK. Just what I believe.

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought O'Dowda was okay, but Paterson really looked to add some creativity on that side when he came on.

And they both run around a lot so not really missing that if we left out Callum and Weimann

When you say O'Dowda was okay, you're right, but he's rarely better than okay because he seldom has end product. He can win a few corners but you need more than that.

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

In a much improved first half display, O’Dowda and Weimann were our poorest players.  I just can’t stand his lack of heart and desire, running around on the periphery of things.  So what that he got kicked early on, if I was up against I’d kick him early on too, and my game would be a whole lot easier.  In that first 10 minutes there were 3 opportunities to be physical in his press of Cash or Lolley, and he eased off on each occasion and gave his opponent a clearance.  Later in the half, Lolley was on the ground and got up, and as he went to go past Callum, he didn’t use his arms or body to make Lolley’s run difficult, or even ease him off the ball.

He did a few okay things, but in 76 minutes (+7 injury time minutes in first half) he’s got to do so much more.  His inability to get on the ball, even to just rotate passes around is staggering.  His body language is that of a guy in shock about what’s going on around him.  We had 4 players with 50 or more passes tonight, Callum just 21 (13 successful).

That’s 3 ineffective games he’s had on the trot.  He has talent, but he gives the impression of wanting to be out there looking all pretty and technical like Cairney, without actually doing anything.  I have no idea why LJ picked him tonight, or why he took 76 minutes to hook him.

Dont get me wrong, Weimann was as poor tonight, but it’s not like he’s that ineffective game after game.

Poor old Jay Dasilva, got through some yards tonight.

Wells didn’t have a good game either, but he worked to give Benik space, and they did decently enough in closing the passing lane out from the back.

We were lightweight under challenge tonight, Watkins could be a surprise inclusion on Saturday.

Sorry, Callum, I’m always on at you, but that’s because I’ve seen little in these 3 games to think you deserve your place.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
23 minutes ago, collier said:

Blackburn we were terrible and we lost.

Sheff Wed was bang average and we lost.

Tonight we played well and we lost.

All that is left is to batter Cardiff with 20 shots on target and to lose 1-0 and we will have rounded out the how to lose a football match in every which way.

Personally believe that no matter what type of performance LJ gets from the players the results remain the same. When it gets like that then I think a change is in order. The most compelling thing for me over the last 3 games is that the opposition GK always seems to have an easy night, regardless of our performance. That to me suggests that the manager isn't setting the team up right to win football matches. 

We didn’t play well. We played slightly better than we have been. If we put in 46 performances next season like we did tonight , we’d finish bottom . It just goes to show how shite we’ve been 

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We didn’t play well. We played slightly better than we have been. If we put in 46 performances next season like we did tonight , we’d finish bottom . It just goes to show how shite we’ve been 

I was sort of saying we played well compared to recent performances. We are so accustomed to the football being drab that an average game is upgraded free of charge to a played well game. I know we have been crap I was just trying to make the point of whatever type of performance we get results stay the same!!