IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 40

32 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Frustration.

If we were winning (remember that) maybe it would be different - but we're not and people are genuinely concerned and frustrated by our recent performances and results.  

Winning? Heard of it, remind me what that is again?

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

That's that. Improved performance but, easy though it is to blame everything on Williams and Weimann's errors, the reality is that this was a must-win game and, though we certainly looked better, we never seriously looked like scoring. 

All Weimann's error has really done has meant that a draw that would not have been good enough for what we need has instead become a defeat that is not good enough for what we need.

Even without Weimann and Williams, it would not have been enough and, given the need for a result, the problem tonight lay primarily in our failure to create clear cut chances far more than defensive mistakes. 

Spot on.

Much improved performance but still didn’t do enough in the final third. We were unlucky tonight but unless you have a cutting edge when you are on top you will often come up short. That’s the fine margins of the championship.

On another note, amateur at best from Weimann. Such a stupid foul to commit.

As for Williams don’t even get me started. Complete lack of professionalism. He has been a decent signing for us but that should be his last game for us. Especially as we have £20million worth of centre half’s on the bench.

Every season is the same with Johnson and his team's. When we are at the business of end and performance and determination are needed he and his team fall away. No bottle. No grit. Every year he does it and every year Lansdown let's it happen. Shocking management at both football and board level.

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, mikep said:

To cap the lot, my company has arranged a suicide prevention and mental health awareness course tomorrow. Think I might just need this now.

However on the plus side it does appear companies are improving in this area, so that’s one good thing.

mine organised Zoom exercise classes, **** that.

• Haha 1

LLLDDLLL

We've scored what, 5 goals in the last 8 games? Haven't scored more than once in any of them. Have had the least shots at goal in the entire division! 

It's quite shocking really. What an opportunity we had with the break to regain some confidence, get people fit and mount a push for the play-offs. Wasted. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Kibs said:

LLLDDLLL

We've scored what, 5 goals in the last 8 games? Haven't scored more than once in any of them. Have had the least shots at goal in the entire division! 

It's quite shocking really. What an opportunity we had with the break to regain some confidence, get people fit and mount a push for the play-offs. Wasted. 

Even more incredible he still has a job.

• Like 1

Blackburn we were terrible and we lost.

Sheff Wed was bang average and we lost.

Tonight we played well and we lost.

All that is left is to batter Cardiff with 20 shots on target and to lose 1-0 and we will have rounded out the how to lose a football match in every which way.

Personally believe that no matter what type of performance LJ gets from the players the results remain the same. When it gets like that then I think a change is in order. The most compelling thing for me over the last 3 games is that the opposition GK always seems to have an easy night, regardless of our performance. That to me suggests that the manager isn't setting the team up right to win football matches. 

• Like 7