IGNORED

Palmer vs Vyner

Dullmoan Tone

On 01/07/2020 at 21:55, Harry said:

At least Vyner can take a throw. Better than that chocolate-arms rubbish that Brownhill used to attempt. 

He certainly gets some distance, doesn't he?! Not sure how effective they are though; very 'loopy' which is easier to defend and hard to attack. Thought he had a decent game though. 

17 minutes ago, italian dave said:

He certainly gets some distance, doesn't he?! Not sure how effective they are though; very 'loopy' which is easier to defend and hard to attack. Thought he had a decent game though. 

We had a direct header on goal from his throw. What more do you want?

On 01/07/2020 at 20:17, Cardy said:

I think you are missing the point with Vyner tbh. Arguably he is still a step up on Hunt - particularly as we have nothing much to play for anyway. As you mention he is going to be rusty so the match practise gives him the opportunity to show whether he has got what we need or not.

The debate about Palmer has got nothing to do with Vyner.

It could also be said that it's a criminal disgrace that Taylor Moore is to be the TV pundit for the Cardiff match.

He should be in the starting eleven of :

O'Leary

Vyner, Moore, Kalas, Print

Eliasson, Palmer, Morrell, Walsh

Semenyo, Afobe

We have an Academy so why the hell do we not use it's products?

Because we have a **** like Lee Johnson as head coach!

31 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We had a direct header on goal from his throw. What more do you want?

A goal? 

Seriously, I know, but there was no power in it, and that's the problem from a looped throw like that. OK, I accept that it can cause a problem, because it gets the ball into the box,  - but what I meant was it's hardly like the throws Rory Delap used to take for Stoke?

And I completely agree with you that I'd like to see Zak given every game the rest of the season - maybe a try in midfield too?

On 01/07/2020 at 20:17, Cardy said:

I think you are missing the point with Vyner tbh. Arguably he is still a step up on Hunt - particularly as we have nothing much to play for anyway. As you mention he is going to be rusty so the match practise gives him the opportunity to show whether he has got what we need or not.

The debate about Palmer has got nothing to do with Vyner.

True thought the kid done ok

Archived