Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Its been done a million times before, but it really is time to wish LJ all the best for his future .

Heartbraking really, but with 6 to go, a huge chance for our owner to bring in a new coach, a new backroom staff, and move forward to the new season.

Even if LJ manged 3 wins out the last 6, he has lost total respect from all us fans.

Like the bloke, but FFS lets move on!

 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dolman Block B said:

Its been done a million times before, but it really is time to wish LJ all the best for his future .

Heartbraking really, but with 6 to go, a huge chance for our owner to bring in a new coach, a new backroom staff, and move forward to the new season.

Even if LJ manged 3 wins out the last 6, he has lost total respect from all us fans.

Like the bloke, but FFS lets move on!

 

I understand your frustration, but how on earth can you blame the manager for that result tonight?  Two moments of stupidity by two experienced players in a much improved performance.  Just for once, not the manager’s fault.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get how SL can make the money available to invest in a quality coach and back room team for Bristol Rugby...

 

But is insistent on keeping LJ, MA and their jobs for the boys back room team in a job. Woefully inadequate for the aspirations of the fan base, and SURELY the board now?!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I understand your frustration, but how on earth can you blame the manager for that result tonight?  Two moments of stupidity by two experienced players in a much improved performance.  Just for once, not the manager’s fault.

Rubbish. He brought our best play maker on with 15 mins to go and he looked class. The bloke is clueless 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I understand your frustration, but how on earth can you blame the manager for that result tonight?  Two moments of stupidity by two experienced players in a much improved performance.  Just for once, not the manager’s fault.

We were ok tonight, it just shows how bad we’ve been when you’re happy we’ve played ok but still lost

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

For all that his times up, I think the one thing that can’t be levied at LJ is that he doesn’t care about the club. He does.

If he’d gone after Blackburn or Wednesday, he’d have gone after some shocking performances. If he goes after tonight, he leaves after a performance with some fight, but an acknowledgement that he’s just come up short (stop laughing).

I don’t want him to have his Tinnion moment. Until this year, he’s improved us YOY position wise, and he can actually go after that game with a degree of pride and his wider reputation in the game relatively untarnished.

None of us want to see the guy struggle and he should always be welcome back at AG - that would be doubted if he leaves a broken squad which there is chances of if he hangs on for six more games.

I’d like to say thank you and goodbye to him. And today’s game is a decent note to do it on.

Well said.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I don't get how SL can make the money available to invest in a quality coach and back room team for Bristol Rugby...

 

But is insistent on keeping LJ, MA and their jobs for the boys back room team in a job. Woefully inadequate for the aspirations of the fan base, and SURELY the board now?!

Because you're average championship coach probably still gets paid better then Pat Lam does for the rugby

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I understand your frustration, but how on earth can you blame the manager for that result tonight?  Two moments of stupidity by two experienced players in a much improved performance.  Just for once, not the manager’s fault.

The fact that it’s an improved performance (Couldn’t get much worse) yet we still lost and are therefore clutching at straws speaks volumes imo. We / he isn’t good enough. It’s been proven time and time again and he needs to go. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his credit has expired. For all the talk prior to the restart we looked under cooked.  

What happened to the high press, high energy football. This is the only style LJ can coach. Every other style of play and tactics seems to be beyond him. 

Yes it was improvement in terms of performance.... But that would not be hard.

I think he has too many tools in the box and for whatever reason he cannot get the right team for the start of each game. 

Frustrating

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

Shame as each result just makes the situation more painful, let us remember the good work that has been done over the last 4 years, this is now not good for anyone. SL put us all out of our misery and let's move on.

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

 

 

Edited by Dynamite Red
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Because you're average championship coach probably still gets paid better then Pat Lam does for the rugby

You're saying that it's a better use of money to piss it away on LJ + his back room staff wages, and spaff the level of financial investment that LJ has on 50+ players, all to achieve a main course of bland, flavourless football with a side order of squad mismanagement and relentless PR nonsense?

 

It s u r e l y has to be a better investment now to get a higher quality coach in, and spend more wisely on a smaller number of players - than spending on a vast array of players who haven't really cut the mustard?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a nice life, Lee. You are a Bristol fan, but you lost the dressing room totally. Show some self-respect and let our team to move forward. You can't do more, yet. Maybe after some more experience you will bring a team to PL but we have to do if faster.

 

I don't hate Lee, he tried all his best. He simpply can not do more than this, is not only his fault. Our backroom keep him year after year and waste money, time, and a lot of nerves from us, we could already be in PL with a better manager.

He has no experience to do a promotion yet. 

Our team is pretty decent with a few aditions we can easily fight for top 2, the way this team played in January-March was non sense. That was not about our players but about Lee. Poor tactics, poor vision, poor substitutions, the doesn't have it yet. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

He isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

Shame as each result just makes the situation more painful, letd remember the good work that has been done over the last 4 years, this is now not good for anyone. SL put us all out of our misery and let's move on.

Is it down to SL? JL is chairman of the football club now isn't he? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I don't get how SL can make the money available to invest in a quality coach and back room team for Bristol Rugby...

 

But is insistent on keeping LJ, MA and their jobs for the boys back room team in a job. Woefully inadequate for the aspirations of the fan base, and SURELY the board now?!

Because SL=Rugby and JL=Football. Just a thought.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

You're saying that it's a better use of money to piss it away on LJ + his back room staff wages, and spaff the level of financial investment that LJ has on 50+ players, all to achieve a main course of bland, flavourless football with a side order of squad mismanagement and relentless PR nonsense?

 

It s u r e l y has to be a better investment now to get a higher quality coach in, and spend more wisely on a smaller number of players - than spending on a vast array of players who haven't really cut the mustard?

I'm not saying that, I'm saying its easy to go and get a high class coaching set up for rugby because it costs less

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I understand your frustration, but how on earth can you blame the manager for that result tonight?  Two moments of stupidity by two experienced players in a much improved performance.  Just for once, not the manager’s fault.

Exactly...blame the manager for picking Williams ahead of Kalas and Benkovic, and blocking the progress of Taylor Moore by all means though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'm not saying that, I'm saying its easy to go and get a high class coaching set up for rugby because it costs less

But the relative cost within their sport is high to acquire that level of talent.

I'm saying we need to match that ambition with the level of our spending within our respective sport. That starts with a change at the top, for a much more ambitious appointment. Someone who knows how to use the transfer budget effectively. Not spaff it away on bang average players.

Edited by OddBallJim
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it down to SL? JL is chairman of the football club now isn't he? 

You mean the guy who is friends with LJ? That’s going to go well isn’t it!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...