IGNORED

BYE!

Dolman Block B

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

The Bristol Bears top coach comparison isn’t fair. Hiring a top coach in rugby is within site of the finances of Bristol sport. Hiring a top coach for city is not. That’s the difference between footy and rugby finances. We are big fishes in egg throwing but not in football. 

Stop and think about the cost of the squad being managed by Johnson compared to the rugby. 

If anything you should be spending proportionately more on a football coach to make best use of the hugely more expensive players. 

I can see we may not attract the top top coaches to AG. However it makes sense to aim to pay top whack for a coach to get the best out of the expensive squad. 

Managers in football don't earn as much as the players and one coach decides how to use 30+ of them! It seems pretty basic that your no 1 priority should be the best possible coach you can afford. Anyone who thinks that is LJ needs to have a good look at themselves! 

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Of course we need someone to take the club to the next level, I just don’t see why comparing our aims to those of Bristol rugby is of any use. The recruitment team did an excellent job to get Lam in, but again, as you point out, the comparisons in calibre of manager just highlight how pointless comparing us to the rugby really is

No it doesnt because it’s all relative. I’ve laid out why and you can choose to ignore the point - that’s your prerogative. We can’t get a Klopp or a Pep or a Jose but we can get someone with a much better chance of getting us up, someone with a track record of performance and success and there are candidates out there. The fact of the matter is SL could choose to spend a portion of the millions he spends on the club every year on a far better qualified coach than LJ to try and get us up - as he has done with the rugby - but thus far he has chosen not to.  

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Its been done a million times before, but it really is time to wish LJ all the best for his future .

Heartbraking really, but with 6 to go, a huge chance for our owner to bring in a new coach, a new backroom staff, and move forward to the new season.

Even if LJ manged 3 wins out the last 6, he has lost total respect from all us fans.

Like the bloke, but FFS lets move on!

If Johnson goes ( ?) I cant see it happening till after the season finishes. 

Regarding a new manager, if we get one, whose to say he’s not already employed? and why would his current club let him leave with 6 games of the current season left. 

33 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

The Bristol Bears top coach comparison isn’t fair. Hiring a top coach in rugby is within site of the finances of Bristol sport. Hiring a top coach for city is not. That’s the difference between footy and rugby finances. We are big fishes in egg throwing but not in football. 

You could take the the £500k per year for LJ and the £500k per year for Ashton, and put that to a very good manager. 

There are so many reasons why SL should pull the trigger but it is much harder to do it when the person on the receiving end is a personal friend!

That is the only reason why he got the job in the first place and unfortunately SL let his heart rule his head. This is particularly surprising when you think that he is an ultra successful businessman who would obviously never abide such things in his business life.

He has backed himself into a corner and he doesn't like to admit it. Its all really rather sad especially for us fans.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

If Johnson goes ( ?) I cant see it happening till after the season finishes. 

Regarding a new manager, if we get one, whose to say he’s not already employed? and why would his current club let him leave with 6 games of the current season left. 

Well if he comes from, let's say, League One, he might not have any games left.

But no, I don't expect anything to happen before the season's end. So I think that you are right, even though I don't think that IT is.

Always supported and backed LJ but since Fulham away we’ve been dreadful apart from 1-2 games. 

We ? won’t get promoted under LJ, he’s done well for us but enough is enough. Yes we were better tonight but we couldn’t have been any worse. We really didn’t create that many opportunities. 

Our squads so disjointed there’s no way we can get our best players in the same Xl as there is no system that fits the bill. 

Yes I think a different manager would get more out of this squad and I just can’t believe will be going through another end of season looking to again drastically change the playing squad. 

I can’t see anyway that LJ is anywhere near capable of getting the best out of the bunch or for that matter allowing him to further recruit and start the revolving door again. My only area of sympathy for LJ is we’ve sold the heart of the midfield and the last minute replacements have not been good enough or instant enough and I know that LJ would have had a say on the sells of Brownhill and Pack and their replacements. Midfield is our biggest problem no creativity, no energy, sat too deep and no protection for the back four. 

There are several players I’d look to move on but it feels me with horror about who we may look to bring in given the track record.

•Nikki is our best keeper but looks to be going and you couldn’t blame him. 
• Williams - has been good but has also not displayed the leadership qualities you’d expect. 
• Hunt - On his day can be decent going forward and overlapping but we always seem vulnerable when he plays. Been a disappointment and not good enough to play solidly behind an out and out winger.

•Pereira -  Shown glimpses of promise but if the fee is £5m plus as reported no thanks. 
• Benkovic -  Non-starter and when he’s played has not looked good at all.
• Rowe - Decent start but faded badly, not anywhere near a top half championship regular.

• COD - Really don’t know what to say so disappointing. Used to regularly beat his man and apart Norwich goal can’t remember last time he contributed anything? Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t tackle. Move on.

• Watkins - Release.

• Wieman - great world ethic and endeavour but need that mixed with quality i like him but don’t see him long term driving us on! 
• Smith - Great server and character and gave us that moment but not not good enough. 

we obviously are letting Taylor and Wright go so the above plus these 2 should reorient a significant saving. I’d let these 11 go and bring in no more than 4/5 maximum new signings and make the squad smaller by at least 5/6. 

if we can secure Afobe (who just needs a goal) and maintain Wells and Fam that’s a strong 3. Coupled with Pato and Palmer as CAM where needed.

midfields an odd one we could End up with HNM, Naggy, Morrell and Walsh all 4 unproven at this level in theory and I don’t think any would get in most championship teams starting lines ups. Ideally you’d have 2 nailed on starters which I don’t think any of them are plus 2 of those 4 so struggling to see how that works?!  

Sign Afobe, one quality centre mid, a RB whilst giving game time to ZV and a decent wide man and possibly a LB Cover 

the squad you’re then left with a few new faves and a new manager. Simple. 

11 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

You mean the guy who is friends with LJ? That’s going to go well isn’t it!!

LJ must have something over SL. As I think SL would have acted sooner. I remember once an employee caught his boss that both worked in a major take away chicken franchise whom I will not name caught his boss doing something inappropriate with a chicken before it went in the oven. Needless to say what ever the employee did wrong after that he still has a job in the same pace today 

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

LJ must have something over SL. As I think SL would have acted sooner. I remember once an employee caught his boss that both worked in a major take away chicken franchise whom I will not name caught his boss doing something inappropriate with a chicken before it went in the oven. Needless to say what ever the employee did wrong after that he still has a job in the same pace today 

What about the chicken? COYR

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah that’s a good call. I think I said before the restart that it would come down to how good a coach/tactician LJ was with a fit squad and home advantages stripped away - with how we’ve played (before today), the patience would have been very low 

When we lose against Cardiff this weekend lets hope LJ goes on the Sunday morning. We can look back at the positives he did achieve and post these for a few hours then straight away welcome in the new manager. 

Archived