IGNORED

Sol Campbell. New manager.

WECANDO

12 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Give this guy a go. He can't do any worse than LJ. Played regularly for Arsenal and England at centre half. Loads of experience under good managers. 6ft 4ins tall. Would get respect from players. Has plenty of contacts. Gained experience with Macclesfield where he did a great job. Not so sure about Southend. But also a decent guy. 

Just looked up Sol, wow was an ok player but also it says he of all things in February 2015 his ambition was to become a Conservative party member so he could run for mayor of London. What a dreamer. He actually could do worse than LJ.

Campbell did a great job to keep Macclesfield in the league last season, when he joined they were 5 points adrift & in financial ruin.

He's not done the best job at Southend, but again this is a club with financial problems, who only just stayed up the season before anyway & he wasn't able to sign any players in Jan. 

The bloke does seem a bit mad at times, but I would like to see him at a club where finances are stable & then feel he can be judged properly on his abilities as a manager. 

For what it's worth, I don't want to see Campbell get the job here, I don't want another manager with little experience, I'd prefer the next to be vastly experienced with previous promotions under his belt.

On 02/07/2020 at 09:14, Carey 6 said:

Campbell did a great job to keep Macclesfield in the league last season, when he joined they were 5 points adrift & in financial ruin.

He's not done the best job at Southend, but again this is a club with financial problems, who only just stayed up the season before anyway & he wasn't able to sign any players in Jan. 

The bloke does seem a bit mad at times, but I would like to see him at a club where finances are stable & then feel he can be judged properly on his abilities as a manager. 

For what it's worth, I don't want to see Campbell get the job here, I don't want another manager with little experience, I'd prefer the next to be vastly experienced with previous promotions under his belt.

I don't want him but as you say- some tough gigs to put it mildly!

How do we know for example, Lampard or Gerrard would have done as well as he did at Macclesfield e.g.!

Nepotism and favourites are rife in football. Lampard according to some stuff I read online, well Redknapp is mates with Mel Morris and helped steer him towards Lampard...

...Lampard, ex Chelsea as we know, got Tomori and Mount on loan. Almost made it.

Rewarded for his work at Derby and yes a variety of talent, with job at Chelsea- he may well have reached that end point eventually but that story is a good bellwether!

On 01/07/2020 at 20:41, WECANDO said:

Give this guy a go. He can't do any worse than LJ. Played regularly for Arsenal and England at centre half. Loads of experience under good managers. 6ft 4ins tall. Would get respect from players. Has plenty of contacts. Gained experience with Macclesfield where he did a great job. Not so sure about Southend. But also a decent guy. 

Would you like the phone number  of a good psychologist?

On 02/07/2020 at 09:14, Carey 6 said:

Agree with this. I don’t want Sol Campbell but there will be far worse names in the ring that get a lot less ridicule. It would be good to see him get a stable league one or two job and see what he can do when he is not having to crisis manage.

Archived