IGNORED

LJ - "that was a very very good performance"

Lez

• The title was changed to LJ - "that was a very very good performance"

I know people don’t want to hear this but we did play well & if we had played like this over the last 9 games more would be happy.

At the moment there is a hell of a lot of hindsight & sadly people wanting us to lose so they can bang their “LJ out” drum, but we were the better side first half against a top six side & on the balance of the game, deserved a point.

Not what many want to hear at present though, is it?

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Better than the last two games? Yes

However, still poor. 

Do not be brainwashed folks into thinking that was a good performance tonight by Johnson.

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

Has he really said that 

Still thinks we will make play offs - to be fair he has to say that 

we have built momentum with the performance 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know people don’t want to hear this but we did play well & if we had played like this over the last 9 games more would be happy.

At the moment there is a hell of a lot of hindsight & sadly people wanting us to lose so they can bang their “LJ out” drum, but we were the better side first half against a top six side & on the balance of the game, deserved a point.

No . We didn’t play well, we played better than we have. Apart from stringing a few passes together , there was still plenty of aimless balls into the channels . Plus we created 0 chances . If you would of been happy with that for the last 9 games then look forward to relegation next season. 

I'll start out by saying this isn't to excuse the performances lately....

But I think its a bit unfair to take the single line out of context, he's said away against a side who were 5th in the league to on the whole have the better of the game (which I think we did and a fair amount of people in the match day thread said similar) and if we play with similar intensity, desire etc then we'll be competing and can do well in our last 6 games. Aside from their goal I remember Forest having 1 shot on target? Good effort to limit them to that at home. We had a couple of on target and Benik should have hit the target a couple more times, especially the header from 8 yards out. 

This is taking this game on its own and ignoring other games as its not talking about Johnson its talking about the performance in this game.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To be fair though we were and still should be a top 6 side but once again a clueless streak (with a big enough gap in the middle to work through changes needed) has left us looking at mid table.

5 months ago you were a pessimist if you said city would finish less than 9th and now that would be optimistic.

It is not about agendas, it is about 2 points out of 21. You get nothing from a performance but added pressure. You get confidence from winning irrespective of performance !! 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I'll start out by saying this isn't to excuse the performances lately....

But I think its a bit unfair to take the single line out of context, he's said away against a side who were 5th in the league to on the whole have the better of the game (which I think we did and a fair amount of people in the match day thread said similar) and if we play with similar intensity, desire etc then we'll be competing and can do well in our last 6 games. Aside from their goal I remember Forest having 1 shot on target? Good effort to limit them to that at home. We had a couple of on target and Benik should have hit the target a couple more times, especially the header from 8 yards out. 

This is taking this game on its own and ignoring other games as its not talking about Johnson its talking about the performance in this game.

Tonight was the best display for quite a few games, particularly the first 45. Forest are a decent outfit and City restricted them to one shot on target - the sublime free kick that won them the game.

Of course I’m disappointed that the game was lost but LJ was right in pointing out the positives. 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No . We didn’t play well, we played better than we have. Apart from stringing a few passes together , there was still plenty of aimless balls into the channels . Plus we created 0 chances . If you would of been happy with that for the last 9 games then look forward to relegation next season. 

Thats weird as im sure i saw Benik miss a couple of good chances.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I agree that we played well, if we measure it on possession. Unfortunately there was no imagination or flair. With performances like that the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw or, with a bit of luck, a 1-0 win. That’s ok for mid table, but not for promotion. I don’t think Forrest were ever worried as they knew they would get at least a couple of good chances to score 

A few positives

We played better away to a top 5 side. 

Nagy showed something. 

We still kept going, ie heads didn't drop or we didn't collapse after Williams.

Vyner making his debut. Think he did okay.

A few negatives

Still didn't create an awful lot. 

Williams- Thanks but hope it's final game for us.

Despite improvements still unsure on tactics.

22 minutes ago, daored said:

Still thinks we will make play offs - to be fair he has to say that 

we have built momentum with the performance 

deluded, got to be the only team who can build momentum in a third consecutive defeat.

fed up of listening to the BS that is the easiest 3 points Forest will get after 2 counts of poor discipline.

time for a change Lee has had long enough now.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

LLLDDLLL = The real LJ;  if, if`s were points we would be champions;

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Benik had 4 or 5 chances and should have probably got a couple of the off target chances on target at least

Exactly. Not sure why people are saying we had no chances.

Building momemtum?  Charisma?  Sorry LJ But I understand u have to defend and support the side you manage.............but come on now, you are now in delusional state of mind?   PS.  Pedant Alert.......What is it with footballers and football mamagers, and present and past tenses?   "We done that".........It's "We DID that"   NOT, bleedin'  Done!I      I hear it every week on MOTD from Shearer etc..........it drives me nuts. Ha!

Archived