IGNORED

LJ - "that was a very very good performance"

Lez

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

How many box entries ?

One, but I did the whole top tray....feeling a bit sick now! ???

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Agree with this. 
We played better with the ball, but still created very little. A few corners early on, a couple of chances from crosses, but all very easy to defend. 
I think we were sussed. Teams know that away from home we tend to get results with 35% possession and counter attack. 
Forest were happy for us to have the ball - they had absolutely zero press - let us keep it and they know we can’t create. 
So yes, better with the ball, solid enough defensively, but zero cutting edge. 
That’s the sacrifice you make for solidifying midfield, 4 across the middle, all ‘runners’ and ‘tryers’ but not an ounce of creativity. Palmer made more incisive forward passes in 5 minutes than the other 4 in the rest of the game. 

We beat their first press (if they tried it) quite a few times in the first half which was encouraging, but they were content to let us have it in the our half without any real pressure.  Lamouchi is great at letting you have it and then squeezing you into half of the pitch when you go past the halfway line.  He suffocates you.  We actually switched it out to Dasilva a few times first half and he didn’t quite produce the telling cross.

At least I saw a bit of cohesion tonight, but it was definitely neither “very, very good” nor “excellent” as he described it on BBCRB.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I know people don’t want to hear this but we did play well & if we had played like this over the last 9 games more would be happy.

At the moment there is a hell of a lot of hindsight & sadly people wanting us to lose so they can bang their “LJ out” drum, but we were the better side first half against a top six side & on the balance of the game, deserved a point.

Not what many want to hear at present though, is it?

Whilst I agree, “outstanding” would be a 9 or 10 out of 10 performance. Not much more you could do type of thing.

We had two shots on target, a good little shift from Afobe but ultimately a tame shot and a nothing headed from a long throw.

The work rate was there especially the pressing from the front lads to put Forest under pressure but honestly it still wasn’t good enough. We never really broke them down, we didn’t cut them open and create any clear cut chances.

It was better, and we deserved something, but outstanding it was not and I’m one of the more glass half full types when it comes to LJ.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I know people don’t want to hear this but we did play well & if we had played like this over the last 9 games more would be happy.

At the moment there is a hell of a lot of hindsight & sadly people wanting us to lose so they can bang their “LJ out” drum, but we were the better side first half against a top six side & on the balance of the game, deserved a point.

I actually thought we played really well over the entire match, even with 10 men and with the attacking changes made late on. We made them look quite ordinary. It restored my faith somewhat. This is closer to the type of pressing game I believe Lee really wants to play.

Unfortunately for Lee there will always be fans who will turn on him at the slightest & some of the criticism has been harsh and unwarranted but there is a pattern of these long winless runs and we will never get to the next level giving away so many points.

I have been very supportive throughout his tenure but have grown really despondent with the poor quality of the displays in general this season, despite having a generally better playing pool to choose from.

I do believe he is a good coach with good ideas and despite some of the comments on here, most fans really wish him to do well but I really think he's reached his level and I think we can see from todays match that we have the quality in the playing squad but 1 performance in 3 matches points squarely at the coaching set up.

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

It was a decent first half away performance because we played with a balanced well understood shape not fresh out of the lunatic tombola.

At half time I expected to see a change to make us a bit more solid in anticipation of Forest going at us hard, that didn't materialise.

We gave away a free kick we shouldn't have in a dangerous area and got punished.

An individual act of idiocy ruined our chances of getting anything from the game.

That's put the final nail in the coffin for the playoffs.

LJ didn't get himself any credit for that, he just stopped it eroding even further by not making amateur level errors.

There were some positives from players, and it wasn't dire, but there's a long way to go from that to playoff contenders still.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I did too wonder, a CM for O'Dowda- up to 3? Or Palmer for O'Dowda and a CM for a striker- of course one less substitution owing to Maenpaa injury.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

We lost, got zero points, no goals, and we created very little.

Sorry, but how desperate is it to call that a good performance.

What would 1-0 to us have been classed as?

4 hours ago, Henry said:

The laugh.

The fake apology.

The total lie of not seeing the sending off.

Just go

" I want to apologise for the current form" - sounds like very open and frank discussions about his future are occurring.

I'd suggest SL has given him the rest of the season to markedly turn it around or he's gone.

Still beggars belief why he gets that latitude.

Play-offs were ours to take.

Played 3. Lost 3.

LLLLDDLLL

Surely there is nothing left to apologise about? That's relegation form. That's time to move on.

Resign, leave with your head held high and a nice settlement.

Take a break and uncle Steve will endorse you from the highest mountain to your next club.

LJ has things to offer clubs, and he will learn more as he manages more. But he is not good enough to get a side into the Prem, even with ridiculously good backing and a free reign.

Drop down a few Leagues, win a promotion or two then try again with a higher league.

Europe may even suit him better.

But his time as Head Coach of BCFC is over.

He said it's a results business.... That is the only important thing he said. The rest is waffle because he has been doing this for well over 4 years and we are, once again, a lower mid table team. 

In the event he remains in position for yet another Championship season then that is all anyone needs to know about the level of contentment from the owner. You can keep rolling the dice and it will never land a six. Perhaps that means Johnson is being given 6 seasons to succeed. Oh boy what a thought.

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really ? What the header over the bar ? Is that what constitutes a good chance now ? The so called box entries. Its not creating chances , just lumping the ball into the box 

Thought the one in the second half was a great chance.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Most of us did but obviously Stevie was doing something else...............:dunno:

So I have just watched the sky highlights to make sure I didn't miss some great chances. 

1 shot from the edge of the box, 1 header from 16/17 yards, 1 header from 12/13 yards. Sky didn't even bother to include the one from near the end. 

Can someone explain to me which of these chances is a clear chance that you should score from? 

I know we are shit going forward but just because of that you cannot elevate half chances and shots from outside the box to good chances. 

It was a better performance overall but it still does not look a unit.

Apart from injuries we seldom needed to check the team sheet for the Cotts promotion squad (no this is not a Cotts post), we knew who was where and exactly how they would play (Freeman, Flinty, Wilbs) to name but three.  The talent we have now is far superior of course but..........

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

So I have just watched the sky highlights to make sure I didn't miss some great chances. 

1 shot from the edge of the box, 1 header from 16/17 yards, 1 header from 12/13 yards. Sky didn't even bother to include the one from near the end. 

Can someone explain to me which of these chances is a clear chance that you should score from? 

I know we are shit going forward but just because of that you cannot elevate half chances and shots from outside the box to good chances. 

Benik definitely missed at least one headed chance that he’d have buried had he been up to match speed. He got his timing wrong - a classic sign of rustiness.

Why not ask how many clear cut chances Forest had?     

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

It's simple, people have forgotten what an actual "good chance" looks like. So are going with whatever they can. 

In the SkySports highlights you can see him on the touchline looking directly at the Williams incident. Then afterwards he says he didn't see it? Come off it Lee! Stop taking us for fools. If you wanted to protect the player then you could have just said "i am not going to comment on that" or something but don't lie to us.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Benik definitely missed at least one headed chance that he’d have buried had he been up to match speed. He got his timing wrong - a classic sign of rustiness.

Why not ask how many clear cut chances Forest had?     

I don't buy it, the chance near the end was the best of the bunch, and he should have got it on target, decent keeper like Samba probably should not be beaten however. 

Forest had no clear cut chances, yet scored a goal and won the game, not that it matters as I think although that was partly down to us pressing well from what I have watched of Forest this season they were well below par. 

Why do people act as if Afobe is some top class goal scorer? I like him but his career does not back that up, he has scored more than 20 goals in a season once a chunk of which were in League 1, other than that 1 season he has scored over 10 once as far as I can tell. 

He's a good player and goals are not everything but in terms of goal scoring he isn't all that, in fact both Fam and Wells have generally out scored him over the course of their careers. Does Afobe have the potential to have a purple patch and score a load of goals again quite possibly, but then i say put either Fam or Wells up top for Leeds and **** me they would tear this league apart. 

A very good performance is never a losing one surely. Sound's like O'Driscoll all over again. Next he'll be telling us he doesn't look at the league table. 

A good losing effort is the likes of the one we seen at West Brom away last season, we lost 4-2 but a lot of City fans came away from that game knowing there was something to build on & happy that we had a good go at them. 

A very good performance is not the likes of what we seen yesterday. It was better than the previous couple, but still not great.

On 01/07/2020 at 21:33, Ska Junkie said:

That's very true Shelts but we were starting extremely low eh! 

One half decent performance doesn't make up for the utter dross served up this season, regardless of result.

I wish LJ a successful career somewhere, just not at City.

Well it’s happened !!

Archived