IGNORED

What a missed opportunity

ollywhyte

To be in a position where we haven't won in 8 games yet feasibly could win on Saturday and be just 3 points off the play-offs, just shows how much we have collapsed.

Absolutely pathetic from all involved, even just two wins in the period has us sitting pretty. Enough is enough. I wish the season was curtailed!

Get rid of LJ tonight, get Hughton in tomorrow and beat Cardiff on Saturday ?

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

To be in a position where we haven't won in 8 games yet feasibly could win on Saturday and be just 3 points off the play-offs, just shows how much we have collapsed.

Absolutely pathetic from all involved, even just two wins in the period has us sitting pretty. Enough is enough. I wish the season was curtailed!

Get rid of LJ tonight, get Hughton in tomorrow and beat Cardiff on Saturday ?

Sorry but that’s utter rubbish.  ‘Absolutely pathetic from all involved’?  What match were you watching?  How would Houghton have prevented Weimann’s foul or Williams’s moment of madness?  Yes we’ve collapsed, but tonight was the best we’ve played for months and for most of the match we looked the better team.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry but that’s utter rubbish.  ‘Absolutely pathetic from all involved’?  What match were you watching?  How would Houghton have prevented Weimann’s foul or Williams’s moment of madness?  Yes we’ve collapsed, but tonight was the best we’ve played for months and for most of the match we looked the better team.

And created nothing.

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Powder puff performance

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He'd have prevented it by not starting a 36 year old centre back who's legs have gone. Doesn't look interested and in my opinion is more worried about staying injury free before one last pay day. 

I doubt Hughton or any other manager would have allowed a committed, young, future captain in Taylor Moore out on loan either. Or snub a terrific CB in Benkovic putting a run of games together. Oh, or what about our 8 million record signing CB. 

Overall we are regressing regardless of tonight's slightly improved performance. 

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If Alex Ferguson was their manager, would they have done that? 

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

And yet we lost with zero goals scored. Shows how dreadful we have been for months. Johnson out

So since we beat Derby, in the past 8 games we have claimed 2 points, while they have taken 17 points. They have gone from 13th to 7th, while we have gone from 7th to 12th. The reality is that they have come good at the right time and look like they could make the playoffs again, while for the third season in a row, we look like we are going to blow a great chance.

We can argue about how clubs are funded, and all sorts of other issues, but the issue is that under LJ, irrespective of the players, as few are left from 2017/18, we can’t take opportunities when it really matters.

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

This division is bang average. Massive opportunity gone.

Leeds are better than us, West Brom are better than us, Brentford are better than us- Fulham have a deeper and more recognised squad...better overall but have them a small notch below the above 3 in terms of output- even if it's the best or top 2 on paper. I also think Derby have some strong depth if a bit top heavy in places even if they/are were expecting a transitional season. I actually quite like Blackburn's squad but they seem to have ever occurring injuries!

Beyond that however, I've always held the view that 5th or 6th should've been a realistic and viable goal.

I would also add that some if not all of the above are better managed/coached than us.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not a lot of point playing two strikers, ( with very good scoring records) but leaving creative players who can feed them, on the bench!. 

If that’s the best we have played in months, it just goes to prove how poor we really are.

We have wasted four years imo.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Not a lot of point playing two strikers, ( with very good scoring records) but leaving creative players who can feed them, on the bench!. 

If that’s the best we have played in months, it just goes to prove how poor we really are.

We have wasted four years imo.

I have to agree. My problem is that it’s the hope that kills you. Will next season be any different? No.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He probably wouldn’t have either of them on the pitch for starters.

You could argue that the foul came from a sloppy loss of possession and then lack of composure to give a foul away in a dangerous area when they player had always lost the ball. Composure is earned through confidence and particularly confidence in the game plan and the players around you.

Williams incident looks born out of frustration, not excusing it but probably a case of “here we ******* go again”

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

Chris Hughton!!!

what gets lost in all of this, is the unnerving fact that Lee has performed well within the constraints of the project. 

+£25M worth of players on the bench tonight, many clubs above us don’t have that in their starting 11. The bloke is clueless, all his players and most out of position 

You know what’s a missed opportunity?

Having Nakhi Wells, Benik Afobe and Famara Dhiedhou ALL fit and ALL available and still managing to lose three games in a row against average opposition.

Have we ever had more proven firepower at our disposal and categorically failed to do so little with it?

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You know what’s a missed opportunity?

Having Nakhi Wells, Benik Afobe and Famara Dhiedhou ALL fit and ALL available and still managing to lose three games in a row against average opposition.

Have we ever had more proven firepower at our disposal and categorically failed to do so little with it?

The last time I recall having a front line as exciting was when we had Akinbiyi, Thorpe & Anderson. 

They were amazing. It’s just the defence was shit!

12 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

What makes you think he’d even come here?

I think we are a very attractive club to a lot of potential new managers. I believe people like Hughton would look at how fantastic a place Bristol is and then be impressed by the squad we’ve got, the stadium and the forthcoming training facilities. I also think Steve Lansdown is a huge plus for us. His loyalty to our club, our city and our management team is clear to see. It’s obvious he’s in it for the long run and he’s a local lad who is bloody loaded as well! I think all that would make any potential manager want to at least seriously consider coming to our club.

12 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well for one, he very well may not have picked them. Williams and Baker starting when we have Benkovic and Kalas at the club too, chances are a man like Hughton would be getting Benkovic involved, especially when we're conceding goals in the air. Also, I doubt Williams would be so frustrated at this point under Hughton as we'd have won some games in the last 8 or more. 

I know that you're saying the players have had crazy moments that are beyond LJ's control but these are his players, he picked them, he chose to use them in tactics that obviously do not suit them and he's continued to mix and match and STILL hasn't given Palmer or Benkovic a real chance. 

We may have played "good" tonight but we still lost, again. We could play like champions all season long but if we lost every game we would still be going back down. After 4 years of bringing in players and changing formations he still doesn't know his starting 11, name one other professional football manager who has had 4 years at a club and still didn't know his own team from a squad he built... I honestly can't think of another club in the football world that wouldn't have let Lee go a long time ago had he been at their club. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well for one, he very well may not have picked them. Williams and Baker starting when we have Benkovic and Kalas at the club too, chances are a man like Hughton would be getting Benkovic involved, especially when we're conceding goals in the air. Also, I doubt Williams would be so frustrated at this point under Hughton as we'd have won some games in the last 8 or more. 

I know that you're saying the players have had crazy moments that are beyond LJ's control but these are his players, he picked them, he chose to use them in tactics that obviously do not suit them and he's continued to mix and match and STILL hasn't given Palmer or Benkovic a real chance. 

We may have played "good" tonight but we still lost, again. We could play like champions all season long but if we lost every game we would still be going back down. After 4 years of bringing in players and changing formations he still doesn't know his starting 11, name one other professional football manager who has had 4 years at a club and still didn't know his own team from a squad he built... I honestly can't think of another club in the football world that wouldn't have let Lee go a long time ago had he been at their club. 

Quite a few posters have posted we played better and played well. We sill didn’t win though did we. I agree LJ should of been let go by now and the longer he stays the posts and negativity are only going to get worse. If we lose against Cardiff i think he will just walk away on Sunday morning for a good brekky with his bags packed.

12 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He probably wouldn't have picked the players you refer to and Forest would have been a blip not a high point. 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

...and walk away from compensation? Doubt it mate

Taken on board. Not sure why the club need to be liable for compensation. I’m sure he had some kind of KPI,s set him when he signed up. As you are aware most KPI,s are set around goals of which we all need but the goals need to be achievable in some way. LJ has had everything he wanted however the goals he would have been set have not achieved goals on the pitch.

On 01/07/2020 at 22:06, ollywhyte said:

He'd have prevented it by not starting a 36 year old centre back who's legs have gone. Doesn't look interested and in my opinion is more worried about staying injury free before one last pay day. 

I doubt Hughton or any other manager would have allowed a committed, young, future captain in Taylor Moore out on loan either. Or snub a terrific CB in Benkovic putting a run of games together. Oh, or what about our 8 million record signing CB. 

Overall we are regressing regardless of tonight's slightly improved performance. 

Will we have to pay a fine to Leicester due to him not getting enough game time ? 

We have wasted millions on way too many players while continueing to sell off better players to promo chasing clubs.

The plan is to bring on new less exp signings to make them and us better; that plan is not working because we are still here and others continue to pass us by, and those we do make better we sell on anyway and then start again.

Building something then knocking it down is not a good plan, this is not helped by a manager who has too many plans and no clue as to what he is building or how to handle his employees.

Archived