IGNORED

Jon Lansdown, Chairman

Top Robin

Does he make any decisions or have any influence at all.

I can't believe that him and his dad are both OK with Lee at the moment. 

As the Chairman he must be able to make changes if required otherwise that title means sweet f a 

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

As the Chairman he must be able to make changes if required otherwise that title means sweet f a 

It means sweet FA we all know it. 

50 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Here’s a couple of examples of his ‘decisions’. I certainly don’t want him picking a new manager!! 

A0ECEE9F-1F4E-49E6-A37A-9060759C3198.jpeg

6EF182F5-3BEA-47EB-BEA2-5354E9DE62E8.jpeg

Like so many other positions in the club has Jon been picked for the role because he is the best most suitable candidate for the job? Or is it because he is Steve’s son? The job’s for the boys and jobs for family members culture is still alive and well at BCFC.. don’t get me wrong Jon seems a decent enough lad who is extremely lucky to have a father who is a billionaire with all the im sure perks that come with it.. but is he the best man to lead the football club? I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

Here’s a couple of examples of his ‘decisions’. I certainly don’t want him picking a new manager!! 

A0ECEE9F-1F4E-49E6-A37A-9060759C3198.jpeg

6EF182F5-3BEA-47EB-BEA2-5354E9DE62E8.jpeg

I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but he's presided over an awful lot of gaffes during his relatively short spell in his role. I am always left with the feeling he doesn't really 'get' our fans as much as someone in that role should.

The amount of PR disasters we've had in recent years is very poor.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but he's presided over an awful lot of gaffes during his relatively short spell in his role. I am always left with the feeling he doesn't really 'get' our fans as much as someone in that role should.

The amount of PR disasters we've had in recent years is very poor.

He doesn’t ‘get’ the fans at all mate. Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

He doesn’t ‘get’ the fans at all mate. Spot on. 

I don't think so either.

Lots of people who were here when he started who did 'get' the fans are no longer in their roles.. Adam Baker, Dave Lloyd & Tim Shires to name but 3.

All 3 played their part in their way and seemed to understand the fans.

A few years later and we're left with Downsy and a childish social media set up that thinks the way to run our online presence is to copy those 'hilarious' German clubs who tweet in English.

These are small things - and largely irrelevant when talking about the team - but are symptoms of a wider misunderstanding of our fanbase. In the long run it'll do us no good.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think so either.

Lots of people who were here when he started who did 'get' the fans are no longer in their roles.. Adam Baker, Dave Lloyd & Tim Shires to name but 3.

All 3 played their part in their way and seemed to understand the fans.

We're now left with Downsy and childish social media set up that thinks the way to run our online presence is to copy those 'hilarious' German clubs who tweet in English.

These are small things - and largely irrelevant when talking about the team - but are symptoms of a wider misunderstanding of our fanbase. In the long run it'll do us no good.

But it’s ok. If he makes a mess of anything, he can just ‘send some love’ 4 days after and all is well. 

Think some on this thread are confusing the role of Chairman & CEO.

To clarify the Chairman represents the interests of the shareholder/s on the board and heads it up, whereas the CEO is responsible for running the business (club)

He may well have casting vote on a board but would generally allow the CEO to lead.

4 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

To clarify the Chairman represents the interests of the shareholder/s on the board and heads it up, whereas the CEO is responsible for running the business (club)

He may well have casting vote on a board but would generally allow the CEO to lead.

That and how often at any club would they really make big decisions over the owner? Can't imagine we're one of few clubs in the football league where its the owner whose the decision maker.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You don’t buy toys for others play with them. 

I'll be telling my grandchildren that when I see them next week Major and keep hold of the lego and my little pony! :shocking:

6 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Maybe in a "normal" business but not in this case. 

Who is the CEO do we have one surely not any ceo would look at what’s happening 5 points from 33 and say this is not good a change is needed ,after hefty backing in January your boss has failed and to get a failing company back on its feet a fresh team of management is required NOW so if there is a CEO and a committee with a voice grow some and save our club 

8 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Who is the CEO do we have one surely not any ceo would look at what’s happening 5 points from 33 and say this is not good a change is needed ,after hefty backing in January your boss has failed and to get a failing company back on its feet a fresh team of management is required NOW so if there is a CEO and a committee with a voice grow some and save our club 

Mark Ashton is the CEO

mark ashton. i like and he is doing a ok job.  But if it is his job to hire and fire then sadly he is letting the club down. no way lee should be still in charge the results and performances have been dire especially at ashton gate. To say they played well last night is ok but they still lost. come on lets sort this mess out. 

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

It's not misunderstanding the fans it's having a total disregard for them. 

In terms of how the club is run from Lansdown senior to Johnson juniors entourage we are a joke. 

Really?  I thought we, and Bristol Sport, were considered very well run?  I think you’re confusing the way the Lansdowns et al run the club with their willingness to do exactly what some fans on OTIB want.

in these days of instant gratification it’s difficult for some fans to accept that not everyone will necessarily agree with their point of view.  What you can be sure of is that the Lansdowns, and Steve in particular, will be very concerned about the present first team results and will be considering what needs to be done about it.  As part of this, they will be considering who is the person to manage the club, and inevitably will be reviewing Lee Johnson’s future.  What they won’t do is to announce their thoughts to the world in general and OTIB in particular.  They have put a project in place and changing the manager inevitably puts that project in jeopardy, so they are, rightly, not going to jump into it, but it is naive to think that the situation isn’t under review and that concern about the present situation is not increasing week on week.

But we are not a joke in terms of how the club is run.  We are in better shape now than possibly we have ever been. Just consider the number of young players coming out of the academy.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really?  I thought we, and Bristol Sport, were considered very well run?  I think you’re confusing the way the Lansdowns et al run the club with their willingness to do exactly what some fans on OTIB want.

in these days of instant gratification it’s difficult for some fans to accept that not everyone will necessarily agree with their point of view.  What you can be sure of is that the Lansdowns, and Steve in particular, will be very concerned about the present first team results and will be considering what needs to be done about it.  As part of this, they will be considering who is the person to manage the club, and inevitably will be reviewing Lee Johnson’s future.  What they won’t do is to announce their thoughts to the world in general and OTIB in particular.  They have put a project in place and changing the manager inevitably puts that project in jeopardy, so they are, rightly, not going to jump into it, but it is naive to think that the situation isn’t under review and that concern about the present situation is not increasing week on week.

But we are not a joke in terms of how the club is run.  We are in better shape now than possibly we have ever been. Just consider the number of young players coming out of the academy.

Reckon you're BS yourself. 

We are run by a seriously rich man and just because he was born in the area his nepotism is excused and we are to be grateful that he has rebuilt a stadium we no longer own

You have no inside track so have no idea Johnson’s position is under review. 

If Lansdown was serious he would appoint the right people in the right roles. He doesn't end of story. 

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Reckon you're BS yourself. 

We are run by a seriously rich man and just because he was born in the area his nepotism is excused and we are to be grateful that he has rebuilt a stadium we no longer own

You have no inside track so have no idea Johnson’s position is under review. 

If Lansdown was serious he would appoint the right people in the right roles. He doesn't end of story. 

I know that Steve Lansdown has said in the past that Lee’s position was reviewed, and I know that Steve wants Bristol City to be successful.  He’s put an awful lot of money where his mouth is and I suspect that the last thing he wants to see is the club being dragged down into the lower reaches of the division.

I get why Johnson was appointed, and overall I think his tenure has been largely positive, but clearly it is going wrong at the moment.  He has been given the chance to recover poor runs in the past, but common sense (which Steve L has in buckets) suggests that each time we go on a bad run, Lee’s standing diminishes.

You’re right that I have no inside track to the Lansdowns, but I do know that Steve is an astute businessman who did not build his substantial fortune by tolerating poor management, and I believe that he will act when he believes the time is right.  A lot of fans believe that is now, but I think it’s more likely to be once the season ends.

The club is far better run than it has ever been and it’s unrealistic to expect a well structured organisation to fire senior management at will due to fan pressure.

I’m pretty obvious there are conversations going on at the highest level and the club leave themselves open to constructive dismissal claims if they start sharing any info before all is wrapped up and agreed.

We know it’s coming, just need to be patient.

The fact that the club is "better" run than its even been is an indictment of how poorly it has (and still) is managed.

A no mark like Jon Lansdown at the top table, a geezer who worked at Oxford as CEO plus Johnson junior and his mates does not strike me as a stellar management team.

Ashton is the best of the bunch by the way but some of the signings smell a bit iffy

Archived