IGNORED

Jon Lansdown, Chairman

Top Robin

56 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really?  I thought we, and Bristol Sport, were considered very well run?  I think you’re confusing the way the Lansdowns et al run the club with their willingness to do exactly what some fans on OTIB want.

in these days of instant gratification it’s difficult for some fans to accept that not everyone will necessarily agree with their point of view.  What you can be sure of is that the Lansdowns, and Steve in particular, will be very concerned about the present first team results and will be considering what needs to be done about it.  As part of this, they will be considering who is the person to manage the club, and inevitably will be reviewing Lee Johnson’s future.  What they won’t do is to announce their thoughts to the world in general and OTIB in particular.  They have put a project in place and changing the manager inevitably puts that project in jeopardy, so they are, rightly, not going to jump into it, but it is naive to think that the situation isn’t under review and that concern about the present situation is not increasing week on week.

But we are not a joke in terms of how the club is run.  We are in better shape now than possibly we have ever been. Just consider the number of young players coming out of the academy.

Spot on, DP. First paragraph in particular. 

Its like a school playground with a lot of petulant kids on here at the moment. If I don't get my way I'm just going to scream louder and start throwing in some personal abuse for good measure. Depressing.

To paraphrase from a different place, we don't get to decide who the manger/chairman/CEO is. Get over it. 

On 01/07/2020 at 23:47, Harry said:

Here’s a couple of examples of his ‘decisions’. I certainly don’t want him picking a new manager!! 

A0ECEE9F-1F4E-49E6-A37A-9060759C3198.jpeg

6EF182F5-3BEA-47EB-BEA2-5354E9DE62E8.jpeg

Perhaps like the centenary shirt, a mix and match of:

Gary’s man-management, Uncle Pete’s scouting and Lee’s beige coat!!!

On 02/07/2020 at 10:17, italian dave said:

Its like a school playground with a lot of petulant kids on here at the moment. If I don't get my way I'm just going to scream louder and start throwing in some personal abuse for good measure. Depressing.

To paraphrase from a different place, we don't get to decide who the manger/chairman/CEO is. Get over it. 

So shut the ******* forum down then. We don't pick the team or manage our approach during games either but have our say on that every match. 

Let's just take it up the arse like BS expect then. No don't think so. Having an opinion and a disdain based upon years of experience doesn't make you a petulant kid. 

Not suggesting for a minute that no-one should have an opinion, or that this isn't the place to express them.

But an opinion is different from a demand and a demand, when it just gets repeated lower and louder just get tedious. Throw in a bit of personal abuse and it just becomes petulant.

On 01/07/2020 at 23:50, bris red said:

Like so many other positions in the club has Jon been picked for the role because he is the best most suitable candidate for the job? Or is it because he is Steve’s son? The job’s for the boys and jobs for family members culture is still alive and well at BCFC.. don’t get me wrong Jon seems a decent enough lad who is extremely lucky to have a father who is a billionaire with all the im sure perks that come with it.. but is he the best man to lead the football club? I doubt it.

You have to assume Jon will be the club owner at some stage so it's right that he has a senior role now while his dad's still around, let's hope he's learning from his mistakes!

On 02/07/2020 at 10:17, italian dave said:

We are fans that put time and money in supporting our team.

We have every right to moan,shout and put across our feelings ( ok personal abuse not acceptable) And if it means putting that across either Johnson should go or his tactics completely confuse the S*** out of you we will or if certain parts of club is failing in certain areas.

As a paying supporter I will have my say if I think things need to change.

Archived