IGNORED

Nakhi Wells getting an easy ride

Olé

57 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

No surprise when he has supply and some movement he starts to look very good. Took both goals well, the first one in particular. Seems to be playing with a smile on his face too.

Be more than happy with him and Fam starting next season.

Proactive runs....earlier balls to him.  How many times did he get it with 15 yards space today?  He knows how to find space, and in two games we’ve learned how to find him quickly.  Today, great contribution, Wednesday was so much better than the previous post-Covid games.

But I wanted to pay a lot of credit to Famara Diedhiou.  I’m pretty critical of some aspects of his play, but today, his timing of his movement to get the ball into his feet was top-notch.  He was balanced on receipt of the ball, feet his marker, rolled him once he knew he’d got too tight.  That is a Diedhiou display that I’ve not seen in a long time.  I’m fine if he plays 70 minutes at that level....he can have 20 minutes sat on the bench.

Today I saw more linkage between them than in all the games they’ve played before together.

Now I’m thinking I might want to keep him here.  Fickle bugger aren’t? ?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Proactive runs....earlier balls to him.  How many times did he get it with 15 yards space today?  He knows how to find space, and in two games we’ve learned how to find him quickly.  Today, great contribution, Wednesday was so much better than the previous post-Covid games.

But I wanted to pay a lot of credit to Famara Diedhiou.  I’m pretty critical of some aspects of his play, but today, his timing of his movement to get the ball into his feet was top-notch.  He was balanced on receipt of the ball, feet his marker, rolled him once he knew he’d got too tight.  That is a Diedhiou display that I’ve not seen in a long time.  I’m fine if he plays 70 minutes at that level....he can have 20 minutes sat on the bench.

Today I saw more linkage between them than in all the games they’ve played before together.

I was one of Fams biggest critics 6 months ago. But by god we miss him when he is not there. I'd love him to stay.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, sorry Dave you are, for someone so rich in knowledge , I cannot see why you ever doubted the man's contribution to the team, in both boxe's.

34 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Yes, sorry Dave you are, for someone so rich in knowledge , I cannot see why you ever doubted the man's contribution to the team, in both boxe's.

Never faulted his defensive play at set pieces....but that’s not why we bought him.

And in my defence of the big man, I’ve stated many times, LJ played him as a target man...and he isn’t one.  So it’s not that I don’t think he’s capable.

But he has good aspects and bad aspects to his game.  Today was one of those games where we saw exactly why I he was on my list back in summer 2017.

Compare these two games?

Today ⬇️⬇️⬇️

4C2C638E-DE05-4133-A155-5E9E1A38F3E8.thumb.jpeg.9b92c3b7aab2a84842d65180e993850d.jpeg

Backburn ⬇️⬇️⬇️
12F325A4-35F7-4B46-A8DD-65EDB1498421.thumb.jpeg.0e71d1211f98a3a2ed1199529f2fe582.jpeg

you don’t even need to know the key to see the chalk and cheese.

I’ll praise Fam when he does well.  Today he most certainly did.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Said as much in the other thread - he Proved today he can play in a pass and move team and not be a long ball magnet!

Archived