IGNORED

Refunds

I have received 4/5 refunds on my season ticket, I received an email for each refund which will be paid onto my credit card which is of little use as will pay off the current balance rather than me being able to access the money. I was not contacted by Bristol Sport to see where I wished the money to be credited.

My point is, they must have kept my credit card details and assume the details of all purchasers of tickets on file, which if they got hacked would be a major breach of the GDPR regulations and lead to possible fines of 4% of annual global turnover in each case which would even bankrupt the chairman

41 minutes ago, Head in the clouds said:

I have received 4/5 refunds on my season ticket, I received an email for each refund which will be paid onto my credit card which is of little use as will pay off the current balance rather than me being able to access the money. I was not contacted by Bristol Sport to see where I wished the money to be credited.

My point is, they must have kept my credit card details and assume the details of all purchasers of tickets on file, which if they got hacked would be a major breach of the GDPR regulations and lead to possible fines of 4% of annual global turnover in each case which would even bankrupt the chairman

Pay on your card - refund on your card. Same as any business.

Some right plums out there !

I’ve just had a long chat with Jerry!  Well yesterday as the site was having some maintenance done and I said I would put the following on the forum to help answer quite a few questions he’s had .....

Last week they started with option 3 - ticket crediting option :- their software didn’t allow a single payment to be made for all five matches so the staff had to key each match ‘refund’ separately - this generated an email (to the email used when the ticket was purchased), but no actual payment was sent to the Card (as this was an internal credit to my supporter account).  After two ‘refunds‘ had gone through they found a way to stop subsequent emails going out - hence the reason for me to have only two emails.  Although I will now have x5 credits towards future tickets.

Next they actioned refunds - this they have done this week, match by match - so in my case I bought two season tickets for which I have asked for a refund, with one Card payment, hence I have had x5 emails representing two tickets (for each match).  The emails generated are being sent to the email address that was used at the time the tickets were purchased, in the same way that the refund is going back to the card used at the time of purchase.

Because Card refunds have to go through the BACS system, like salaries, these payments will take 3-5 days to show on the Bank or Credit Card account. If someone banks with, what was a Building Society, Nationwide for example, the payment may take longer to arrive - but the instant the email is generated the payment has left BCFC and is in the Banking system.

If someone is concerned they have received a new card since the season ticket was purchased, the payment should still be received - this will definitely be the case if your card has just been renewed.

However, depending on the Bank, should someone have registered their card as “lost or stolen”, since the card was used to buy the season ticket, it is possible the payment may not get through - those customers will need to check their Bank account - allow 5 days for receipt, and if not received, contact Supporter Services as Payment would have been sent back to BCFC.

So in short - the emails this week should have generated a payment back to supporters and by next Tuesday or Wednesday most payments will have been received!

Mine have now shown on my Credit Card account as a ‘pending’ transaction which confirms they will actually be in the account in the next working day or so ....

Hope that helps!

By the way - refunds have to be paid back to the card from which they were collected - not a breach of GDPR - as the club only have the last four digits of the card!!!

43 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:
I’ve just had a long chat with Jerry!  Well yesterday as the site was having some maintenance done and I said I would put the following on the forum to help answer quite a few questions he’s had .....

Last week they started with option 3 - ticket crediting option :- their software didn’t allow a single payment to be made for all five matches so the staff had to key each match ‘refund’ separately - this generated an email (to the email used when the ticket was purchased), but no actual payment was sent to the Card (as this was an internal credit to my supporter account).  After two ‘refunds‘ had gone through they found a way to stop subsequent emails going out - hence the reason for me to have only two emails.  Although I will now have x5 credits towards future tickets.

Next they actioned refunds - this they have done this week, match by match - so in my case I bought two season tickets for which I have asked for a refund, with one Card payment, hence I have had x5 emails representing two tickets (for each match).  The emails generated are being sent to the email address that was used at the time the tickets were purchased, in the same way that the refund is going back to the card used at the time of purchase.

Because Card refunds have to go through the BACS system, like salaries, these payments will take 3-5 days to show on the Bank or Credit Card account. If someone banks with, what was a Building Society, Nationwide for example, the payment may take longer to arrive - but the instant the email is generated the payment has left BCFC and is in the Banking system.

If someone is concerned they have received a new card since the season ticket was purchased, the payment should still be received - this will definitely be the case if your card has just been renewed.

However, depending on the Bank, should someone have registered their card as “lost or stolen”, since the card was used to buy the season ticket, it is possible the payment may not get through - those customers will need to check their Bank account - allow 5 days for receipt, and if not received, contact Supporter Services as Payment would have been sent back to BCFC.

So in short - the emails this week should have generated a payment back to supporters and by next Tuesday or Wednesday most payments will have been received!

Mine have now shown on my Credit Card account as a ‘pending’ transaction which confirms they will actually be in the account in the next working day or so ....

Hope that helps!

By the way - refunds have to be paid back to the card from which they were collected - not a breach of GDPR - as the club only have the last four digits of the card!!!

Still haven't had even one payment. A true 21st Century Club !?

Just now, oldstandrobin said:

Still haven't had even one payment or email. A true 21st Century Club !?

14 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Hope that helps!

cheers for the informative reponse, unlike to first 2 responders!

So, here's a query!

If I choose to buy a season ticket for 20/21 on installments, am I still obliged to complete the full payments, even if the season is cancelled after a few months due to lock down, in order to eventually qualify for a refund at a later date?

On 03/07/2020 at 22:51, Head in the clouds said:

As per GDPR regulations a company can keep your information on file if required for a business reason and it is kept in a secure manner (its more than likely not the whole card details they hold in any case, and could be used for example refunding your card. I would imagine there will be a section in the T's & C's regarding data usage... If you lodge a request for them to delete your data, which each person can now do, they have to delete your data within a certain time period. 

A company should never issue a refund other than to the card of which paid for the product. That's always been the case. 

On 03/07/2020 at 22:51, Head in the clouds said:

You will be credited back the way you paid..just like any other retail outfit..pay by Credit card and it goes back on your credit card ....doh 

Still not received a refund but I paid for mine monthly and not by card like most who have received a refund. 

As for the OP it's not the clubs fault you maxed out your credit card. They're just refunding the payment method like any other company would. You didn't pay for your ticket the credit card company did so the money is going to the right place imo. 

6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

How does it work when paid by direct debit?

4 minutes ago, MattyAli said:

I've had nothing and heard nothing, mine was paid by direct debit?

Just spoke to Supporter Services, very helpful, all DD payments should be done by Thursday, takes a bit longer than full payments due to using an outside finance company. Hope that helps

3 season cards times 5 games each all now refunded pro rata at circa £19 per game each.  Thank you BCFC.

We have purchased 3 season cards for 20/21.  I just hope that we will be able to use them.  Not sure if/when next season will commence though.

Feeling a little sad that this season has ended so badly though with COVID, poor performance and LJ being fired.

On 04/07/2020 at 08:48, Dollymarie said:

I’ve had refunds for 2 of my kids season tickets today, 5 separate transactions. Surely doing it that way must have cost the club more money? :blink:

Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things...assuming we are even charged on a “per transaction” basis.

On 04/07/2020 at 08:56, LewisP said:

So far I have had 4 separate emails and all 4 successfully reached my bank account. Just awaiting the final one. 

Same for me. Thought I would give them an extra working day.

I have had 4 emails and 4 lots of cash reach my account. Was expecting 5 lots of cash (for 5 games). 

Anybody else missing cash?

On 04/07/2020 at 08:48, Dollymarie said:

I’ve had refunds for 2 of my kids season tickets today, 5 separate transactions. Surely doing it that way must have cost the club more money? :blink:

Ditto, my OT and Son's SC refunds went back on to my credit cards as 5 x separate transaction. 

3 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

Same for me. Thought I would give them an extra working day.

I have had 4 emails and 4 lots of cash reach my account. Was expecting 5 lots of cash (for 5 games). 

Anybody else missing cash?

Exactly the same as you mate. Will give them until Thursday then chase up

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Exactly the same as you mate. Will give them until Thursday then chase up

Contacted Jerry on Twitter. He wrote this........

Hi, There's an issue for some supporters regarding the refund for the Preston game. It's still being looked into I believe.

Archived