IGNORED

Refunds

4/10 refunds received so far across mine and my son's season cards.  Initially sent 4 emails to the club and heard nothing back...all I was asking for was an acknowledgement that the refund requests had been received and were actually being dealt with.  Reason being that I sent separate emails as requested by the club for each card but only had one acknowldgement so I just wanted to be sure.  After the 5th email Jerry actually rang me and was both helpful and apologetic so he's a good guy and is certainly doing his best to help for sure but you have to wonder about the wider system if one man is trying to put out fires and deal with these things on his own.  It's pretty amazing really. 

On 09/07/2020 at 13:03, Dynamite Red said:

From Jerry SLO via Twitter:

Thanks for the tweet, we've had loads issues with the bank tbh which I believe are sorted.

The ones that paid by card we hold the card details but the administrator of the DD only hold sort code and bank account numbers therefore we have to set supporters up as payees and manually do the refund which the bank wasn't set up to do.  This is now sorted and the process can start I'm told.

so in all honesty I would hope the season card refund money should be back in his account by Tues/weds..  Please let me know either way and if still an issue I can update you.  Cheers Jerry

It's a shame the club cannot just release a statement with the above or email those affected.  

Nothing today, hopefully tomorrow is the day. Still blank silence from the club.

• Admin
On 10/07/2020 at 19:17, oldstandrobin said:

I had the identical problem. This is beginning to get monotonous now. Still no e-mail or refunds.

The email looks correct to me. 

I'd suggest that the inbox is full hence messaging bouncing back 

On 10/07/2020 at 19:39, Loco Rojo said:

To be fair to Jerry I messaged him yesturday and he's looked in to my issue today and replied really quickly and he's been great. I imagine that he's really busy dealing with lots of messages and it seems that there could possibly be lots of different scenarios which the club are having to work through with the banks and/or Cr. Card companies (not excusing the process or the lack of explanation from the club - not down to Jerry to communicaten something like this in my view). Whilst it does take the piss from the club and it shouldn't be taking this long, Jerry has been really helpful.

It really shouldn't be falling to Jerry to sort out.

Imagine how bad this would have been before Jerry was appointed. 

I'm in a different group with an outstanding problem. 

I pay by direct debit and on the day the first payment should have been taken the money was taken from my account then a few minutes later it was refunded back to me 

I don't know if this months payment is going to come out later this month 

Are two amounts to be taken next month 

Will my payments be increased by a month 

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

The email looks correct to me. 

I'd suggest that the inbox is full hence messaging bouncing back 

It really shouldn't be falling to Jerry to sort out.

Imagine how bad this would have been before Jerry was appointed. 

I pay by direct debit and on the day the first payment should have been taken the money was taken from my account then a few minutes later it was refunded back to me 

You're right, it shouldn't be down to him. It really is staggering that the club can take this long to refund customers when businesses have been processing refunds electronically for years. It really isn't difficult. 

I still haven't received any emails or any refunds so no doubt I'll be contacting Jerry again at the end of the week (he advised me to if I'd still heard nothing for a week). 

Nothing here. I emailed supporter services, using the email given to me by the club, but the email bounced as shown earlier in the thread.

I need to phone up just haven't had the time. Annoying having to chase my own money when next seasons ST direct debit is collected like clockwork ... funny that. 

Still nothing.......The only contact I have had is with Jerry, several emails to the club have been ignored!!!

Paid by direct debit, there were no issues taking the new one!!!

But let's be honest, none of us are actually surprised and the chance of a meaningful apology is slim to none.

10 hours ago, StGeorge said:

correct email is supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

not supporter.services@bristol-sport.co.uk that they supplied accidentally

As St George says, I have actually had a reply from .......  Supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk ........ in the last week re refunds. Worth checking you have used this email address.

• Admin
16 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm sharing this as may be of use to someone else?

I had an email from Bristol sport this morning 

image.png

So I called the number as advised, managed to speak to a really helpful guy that said that there had been a banking error (This has become as familiar phrase recently), I paid the amount that was mistakenly not taken, was told I would receive a receipt for my payment shortly and the DD would continue as normal next month.

Anyway, like many other purchase online etc I expected my confirmation email to arrive any second, so waited and waited and then 80 minutes later, I get another email, this time with the lower section a little different!!

image.png

I genuinely despair at the mistakes that roll out of our club on so many occasions.

Am I the only one who doesn't know if they are coming or going in life?

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

image.png

So I called the number as advised, managed to speak to a really helpful guy that said that there had been a banking error (This has become as familiar phrase recently), I paid the amount that was mistakenly not taken, was told I would receive a receipt for my payment shortly and the DD would continue as normal next month.

Anyway, like many other purchase online etc I expected my confirmation email to arrive any second, so waited and waited and then 80 minutes later, I get another email, this time with the lower section a little different!!

image.png

I genuinely despair at the mistakes that roll out of our club on so many occasions.

Mark. I spoke to a nice lady in SS this morning and she said that whoever told me I would get mine by last Thursday shouldn't have told me because it wasn't sorted yet. Like you I despair and it makes me think we should de-camp and go and watch Weston !!

On 10/07/2020 at 19:29, BigAl&Toby said:

I’ve given up. This is my story.

We have 4 season cards. Mine - full paying adult and U19 and 2 U12s. The kids don’t live with me.

We went for 2 Options 2s for mine and the U19. We thought that when kids aren’t with me we’d all be able to watch the streaming extravaganza.

We got one code. For my card. Nothing at all for the U19. That meant when Toby gets in first I can’t log in. Marvellous.

And the refunds. One email acknowledgment for one request. Nothing for the other.

Despite dipping into my bank account for next seasons cards I’ve had no refund whatsoever.

I’ve emailed @JerrySLO as I don’t twitter. Sadly no reply.

Am I surprised? Nope and as I’ve said I’ve given up waiting - for an email, refund or code.

But I’ll say this. What a ******* shambles ?

BigAl.

I’ve had one login working on 4 devices at the same time:

• ipad app
  • iphone app
  • TV built in internet app
  • macbook chrome browser

all in the same house

Have you tried?

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

BigAl.

I’ve had one login working on 4 devices at the same time:

• ipad app
  • iphone app
  • TV built in internet app
  • macbook chrome browser

all in the same house

Have you tried?

Thanks @Davefevs

Oh yes. Tried on my laptop and the boy’s laptop when he was at his mum’s. He was quicker off the mark and got in. I couldn’t so went to the allotment instead.....

Still no refund for the girls’ cards. And only one emailed acknowledgment for the two emails I sent. Thing is I can’t say I’m surprised. 

They seem able to set up and take direct debit payments for next season’s cards - when there has to be doubt we’ll be able to take our seats.

They’ll “be in funds” from that income so it can’t be that they’re short of cash and can’t afford to make the refunds that they said they would. Not as if Mr L has to fund it is it?

Can only put it down to someone’s ineptitude..... Like Lee’s for so bloody long. Like Mr Ls for not seeing it when so many others saw it. Like Mr As for not putting Lee and the rest of us - and Lee - out of his misery.....

Let’s face it. The refund they’ve said I’m due is only £s and makes no difference to me - but that’s not the point - and others might not be so fortunate.

Sadly this seems to be the shabby way that Bristol Sport does things. Makes me wonder whether that’s the way Mr L does business in the shiny office by the docks. Somehow I doubt it.

On 15/07/2020 at 13:20, phantom said:

image.png

image.png

I have also received the same email saying my first DD due 1st July was returned unpaid. No reason at all why it should have happened. I'm not going to do anything as clearly BCFC are at fault not me. No doubt they'll be back for 2 payments next month.

For this coming season, I decided to pay monthly by DD rather than paying in full for our season tickets. 

The DD is being collected. Should this happen in view of Covid? It's a tricky one as many others would have paid up front (like I always have) 

Thoughts? Our Club needs to communicate with us....? 

Archived