IGNORED

We just need five wins from our last six...

LondonBristolian

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

...to equal last season’s points total of 70.

Win 6 out of 6 and we will still have one point less than the lowest final points total achieved by a top six team since 2014.

Proof, if it were needed, we really have not progressed this season and things need to change in the summer.

You hit the nail on the head. I hope the LJ dreamers what are left of them read your post.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Didn’t he quit having said he couldn’t cope in a higher division? 

No, he said he needed help and had an assistant in mind , Mick Harford I think, but the club bought in Benny Lennartsen without consulting him and that’s why he left .

Where’s Benny when we need him now ? 

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No, he said he needed help and had an assistant in mind , Mick Harford I think, but the club bought in Benny Lennartsen without consulting him and that’s why he left .

You have a far better memory than me Major. 

Having seen numerous managers come and go over the years it kinda becomes a blur and hard to recall the details surrounding their departure............:dunno:

23 minutes ago, weepywall said:

We are bottom of the current form table over the last 10 games...just 5 points, that is shocking really, I'm struggling to see where another win is coming from.

2 points from the last 8 games and playing g some woeful stuff, I'm more worried about next season than what's going to happen in these remaining 6 games, we're heading one way while LJ is in charge

27 minutes ago, weepywall said:

We are bottom of the current form table over the last 10 games...just 5 points, that is shocking really, I'm struggling to see where another win is coming from.

Don’t worry, I’m piling all my winnings from the last 3 bets against city on Cardiff today so we’ll at least be getting a point now I’m sure 

40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Benny Hill perhaps orFred Scuttle?

58 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s gone a bit hippy since he was at City 

59D8957C-36EB-4719-88E2-415F16164887.jpeg

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

JW Achieved a number of Successive wins in a row to sneak into the play offs (1997?) is what Tom meant, I suspect.

Yes, think his first seven games went DWWWWWL - something like that, I remember his first game was 2-2 draw away at Luton as he came into the away end and shook everyone’s hand who’d travelled up 

We finished 5th ot 6th? but got comprehensively done over by Brentford in the play offs semis 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Win 6 out of 6 and we will still have one point less than the lowest final points total achieved by a top six team since 2014.

Proof, if it were needed, we really have not progressed this season and things need to change in the summer.

Maybe once it's a mathematical impossibility he can be sacked without compo. Hope that's why he's still here. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Someone give John Ward a call 

13 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

JW Achieved a number of Successive wins in a row to sneak into the play offs (1997?) is what Tom meant, I suspect.

Or Big Joe. (1987)

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Actually it was Ray HARFORD who Wardy wanted as his Assistant in Oct 97- he'd enjoyed success at Luton & Blackburn. Would have been a very good choice but Chairman Scot Davidson thought he knew better going for the foreign coach option.

Sadly Ray Harford died of cancer in 2004 at the relatively young age of 58: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3137907.stm 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

We had a better side last season so that’s no surprise to me, recruitment has been the failure this season

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Yes, think his first seven games went DWWWWWL - something like that, I remember his first game was 2-2 draw away at Luton as he came into the away end and shook everyone’s hand who’d travelled up 

We finished 5th ot 6th? but got comprehensively done over by Brentford in the play offs semis 

.... and I think we won the last eight games of the season to sneak into the play offs.  Trust City to conclusively prove that form going into the play offs counts for absolutely nothing.

I was at both the Brentford games and what a total let-down they were.

Archived