IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

Morning folks.

Been a while since you heard from me. But here I am. I know a few people expressed their preference for others to do the MDT and again, I will reiterate that if you wish to volunteer, please message myself or @havanatopia.

Cardiff City gave Warnock the boot and replaced him with Neil Harris and tbf, the lad has done well, most recently leapfrogging Preston to sit in a play off spot utilizing a team of our rejects to achieve a 3-1 win.

Yep, a homecoming for some today. Lee Tomlin, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack and fan favourite Uncle Albert are all expected to be named in today's squad. 

Our squad remains similar too. Expect an unchanged squad for us. Will Palmer start??

Finally, some humour for you from the omniscient and omnipresent Roy De Alien... 

We will tank again. 2-1 Cardiff win.

Houghton in???????

COYRS!

Alberts contract has expired.........so he is no longer a Cardiff player.  While on the subject of contracts, why has Liam Walsh not been offered a longer term contract?   A years extension is insufficient, we really seem to have an ongoing problem with tying players to suitable contracts, ie. Elliason, Baker etc?

Sorry to say I'm finding it hard to get exited about todays game apart from wanting to beat Cardiff and hopefully scupper their playoff chances just like I feared the season has again fizzled out to nothing and hands up who is really surprised.

Always enjoy playing our Severnside rivals, but too far off the playoffs now for the game to be otherwise meaningful.

I guess the tombola has been cranked up and we shall know what balls have emerged in a couple of hours.  Whoever is selected, I really hope we can show some attacking ambition.

Am I right in assuming that for those of us residing overseas, the match is on Sky and therefore won't be on RobinsTV.  That's yet another subscription paid where we can't watch the game.  Hopefully being shown in a bar, otherwise a stream I suppose.

We may be celebrating LJs last game in charge by teatime. I really can't see the point in keeping him for the last few games if we have our sights set on someone else.

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Alberts contract has expired.........so he is no longer a Cardiff player.  While on the subject of contracts, why has Liam Walsh not been offered a longer term contract?   A years extension is insufficient, we really seem to have an ongoing problem with tying players to suitable contracts, ie. Elliason, Baker etc?

I doubt that any club wants to tie itself down to any new long-term contracts in the current environment unless they really have to.

18 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning folks.

Been a while since you heard from me. But here I am. I know a few people expressed their preference for others to do the MDT and again, I will reiterate that if you wish to volunteer, please message myself or @havanatopia.

Cardiff City gave Warnock the boot and replaced him with Neil Harris and tbf, the lad has done well, most recently leapfrogging Preston to sit in a play off spot utilizing a team of our rejects to achieve a 3-1 win.

Yep, a homecoming for some today. Lee Tomlin, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack and fan favourite Uncle Albert are all expected to be named in today's squad. 

Our squad remains similar too. Expect an unchanged squad for us. Will Palmer start??

Finally, some humour for you from the omniscient and omnipresent Roy De Alien... 

We will tank again. 2-1 Cardiff win.

Houghton in???????

COYRS!

So are you saying what Roy DeAlien is saying is rubbish. It doesn't appear to be humour.....more like a pretty serious posting. I don't follow Twitter so don't know the history of this guy ...I am a bit confused. 

I think we should start a keep @Septic Peg and @havanatopia campaign. Don’t let others try to take over the match day thread. Peg and Hava are a tradition- just like City always underachieving and me having a sausage roll at halftime and saying “this is the worst I’ve seen all season 

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

So are you saying what Roy DeAlien is saying is rubbish. It doesn't appear to be humour.....more like a pretty serious posting. I don't follow Twitter so don't know the history of this guy ...I am a bit confused. 

Roy DeAlien has a long history on twitter of writing unsubstantiated rumours and regurgitating transfer news. (Read: Complete Bull****) 

He tweets about general football rumours, but often goes into more detail on Bristol City, so guessing is a City fan and certainly not ITK. 

Onto today - a massive one for LJ, symbolically against Cardiff and being a derby, a loss will be even harder to stomach.

COYR

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think we should start a keep @Septic Peg and @havanatopia campaign. Don’t let others try to take over the match day thread. Peg and Hava are a tradition- just like City always underachieving and me having a sausage roll at halftime and saying “this is the worst I’ve seen all season 

I thought if anything was a tradition, it was Clarks pies!

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Always enjoy playing our Severnside rivals, but too far off the playoffs now for the game to be otherwise meaningful.

A win, however unlikely that may seem, would put us three points behind Cardiff, so I don't see the game today as being unmeaningful.

Just now, Red7 said:

A win, however unlikely that may seem, would put us three points behind Cardiff, so I don't see the game today as being unmeaningful.

3 points + goal difference' so we need to beat them by a good margin to really be on their tail.

Otherwise, clawing back 4 points with 5 games is a big ask.

Also, if Derby win, we would still be 5 points + goal difference off 6th place. 

A win today would be nice, but still leaves us in a weak position. 

30 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

37 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Who’s Roy DeAlien....

Some sad act that writes total rubbish for attention, assume Peg calls it humour as it's so pathetic it's laughable.

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

3 points + goal difference' so we need to beat them by a good margin to really be on their tail.

Otherwise, clawing back 4 points with 5 games is a big ask.

Also, if Derby win, we would still be 5 points + goal difference off 6th place. 

A win today would be nice, but still leaves us in a weak position. 

I don't dispute any of that. But there is still meaning in the game for me in addition to a win over Cardiff always being nice.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Perhaps players have become to committing longer term while LJ remains in charge. 

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Any calls for the Derby manager to be sacked?  Presumably he chose the wrong team if Forest have scored...

I take your point, but seeing as they've won 5 out of their last 6 and sit in 7th, they're probably a little more accepting than we are.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Roy DeAlien has a long history on twitter of writing unsubstantiated rumours and regurgitating transfer news. (Read: Complete Bull****) 

He tweets about general football rumours, but often goes into more detail on Bristol City, so guessing is a City fan and certainly not ITK. 

Onto today - a massive one for LJ, symbolically against Cardiff and being a derby, a loss will be even harder to stomach.

COYR

I love his tweets.

44 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Any calls for the Derby manager to be sacked?  Presumably he chose the wrong team if Forest have scored...

The call for LJ to be sacked have not been based on one goal or one match. They are a result of prolonged under performance and strange tactics and formations. 

If Derby lose today, our game represents a huge opportunity for Cardiff. If we lose, Cardiff would have a 4 point cushion from 7th, and would be odds on to make the play offs.

Would that opportunity make them tense up? Or fire them up? TBC.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

If Derby lose today, our game represents a huge opportunity for Cardiff. If we lose, Cardiff would have a 4 point cushion from 7th, and would be odds on to make the play offs.

Would that opportunity make them tense up? Or fire them up? TBC.

Don't think it makes much of a difference as it's us they're playing. ☹️

Archived