IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

Afobe? The player that arguably has been our best in each game? The player who's looked most likely? 

Right ok! Fitness line will be rolled out no doubt.

In fairness 9 months injured, hard to expect him to be ready to play midweek/weekend constantly

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

At least we might actually win a header up top with Diedhiou up there. More of a threat when he came on midweek.

Unfortunatley LJ needs a big man up top. Can't work on creative ways to supply Wells or Afobe or both in the same side chances.

If we press well and find ourselves in some good positions like midweek, then getting balls into Fam at least gives us a chance.

Yea but if the crosses don't improve we could have bloody Shearer up there and he'd do **** all. 

Cannot understand how COD stays in the side, he was better against forest but Pato still did more of use in his Cameo than COD has in the 3 games since the resumption. 

Just now, Spud55 said:

Think dropping afobe is a mistake, but you cannot blame Johnson for not picking injured players ffs. 

I think it’s wise to have more of a physical presence against Cardiff, and Diedhiou does put it about a bit more than Afobe.

I don’t want to labour the point, but can we confirm before the match starts that this looks like a reasonable starting line-up and therefore will not result in LJ being blamed for picking the ‘wrong team’ if it doesn’t turn out well?  Given the midweek performance, suspensions and injuries I can’t see there were that many options.  Benkovic instead of Kalas?  Afobe instead of Diedhiou?  For me, however the match turns out, initial selection is not a problem.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Doesn't really look like a forward thinking selection.  A draw is no use to us whatsoever now Lee.

He’s doing his damage limitation piece. I will be very very very happy to be proven wrong as I always want to beat these buggers whatever’s going on in the background, but think he’s gone into protection mode.  

1 minute ago, hodge said:

9 months injured and we're playing weekend/midweek for the rest of the season with minimal time to get match fit, I'm not surprised tbh

Take him off after 55/60 then. Must win game and we need our best players on the pitch. 

Just now, lenred said:

Take him off after 55/60 then. Must win game and we need our best players on the pitch. 

It would be 3 starts in 6 days, perhaps sport science team have advised against it and he's heeded their advice?

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Afternoon all,  I think Cardiff will have done their homework on our last three games and spotted our weakness'es, for instance turning up! 

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think it’s wise to have more of a physical presence against Cardiff, and Diedhiou does put it about a bit more than Afobe.

I don’t want to labour the point, but can we confirm before the match starts that this looks like a reasonable starting line-up and therefore will not result in LJ being blamed for picking the ‘wrong team’ if it doesn’t turn out well?  Given the midweek performance, suspensions and injuries I can’t see there were that many options.  Benkovic instead of Kalas?  Afobe instead of Diedhiou?  For me, however the match turns out, initial selection is not a problem.

I don't think bringing in Fam is a bad decision, but Wells was utter crap against forest so I would have pulled him for Fam,and kept Afobe in to exploit Fams flicks and ability to hold up the ball and play it round the corner. 

10 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

what a pr*ck , dropped afobe and no Palmer or Elliason

get out of our club Johnson 

i hope we get done by 4 or 5 today 

I totally agree mate... if it takes a 6-0 drubbing to get rid of this fool let’s have it please!

Archived