IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

"LJ can find the answers very quickly" Hmm not sure on that one 

On Sky they said needs to find them quickly. He’s only had 4.5 years - give the bloke time! 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He’s said enough though hasn’t he!!

Yep was very telling

40 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think it’s wise to have more of a physical presence against Cardiff, and Diedhiou does put it about a bit more than Afobe.

I don’t want to labour the point, but can we confirm before the match starts that this looks like a reasonable starting line-up and therefore will not result in LJ being blamed for picking the ‘wrong team’ if it doesn’t turn out well?  Given the midweek performance, suspensions and injuries I can’t see there were that many options.  Benkovic instead of Kalas?  Afobe instead of Diedhiou?  For me, however the match turns out, initial selection is not a problem.

Why would anybody pick O'Dowda in a game against a bunch of plodding oafs like Cardiff instead of Eliasson or in fairness if there's a reason Eliasson is out pretty much anybody else?  All you have to do to O'Dowda is kick him in the first five minutes and you can take the afternoon off.

I'd rather Afobe was playing, but Diedhiou should help defensively and maybe we don't want to overload Afobe soon after injury.  I'm dubious about 442 and think we probably needed an extra man.

It is true to say this isn't a random tombola brain shite like the line up against Wednesday, provided of course the shape is the sane one it looks like.

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Freddy Hinds has only scored 5 goals in his entire career. City must have 1 club developed player in the squad, but that’s Wallacott, so why Hinds? None of the other players will recognise him. 

PS - this means he will come on as sub and score the winning goal 

Priority order that those who have played in a 1st team league game get picked before returning loanees? Also you list Jojo as club developed player and miss Zak...

Archived