IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

21 minutes ago, collier said:

Their keeper is a passenger in a must win game for us. Realistically if they started with 10 with no keeper and the game had gone exactly as it has, would we have scored??

I can’t remember the last time, that after a City match, I thought to myself / said to others “Their keeper had a good game today”.

It must be years now.

We simply do not work ANY opposition keeper.

3 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Genuine simple question - What is our plan for scoring goals with this side/system?

We have arguably two of the best strikers in the league (with another on the bench) but just have no creativity throughout the rest of the side to create chances for them.

I think O'Dowda is having a good game and put in a few inviting crosses but we can't just rely on him creativity wise - he has one assist all year. You look across the rest of the side and you have a centre back (Vyner) playing right back who can't cross for toffee. Weimann cutting in from the right having one of his 'headless chicken' games but can never be classed as ''creative' even at him best. Nagy and Smith both good at linking play but not players to thread through that final pass.

It's a must win game so have to score. What is LJ's plan to do so?

Once again so frustrating and predictably poor.

Ending on a positive, a top half from Baker there, he's been top drawer!

This is exactly this. Both Forest and today were must-win games. And, across those two games, we've gone through three halves with no urgency whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

On a positive note, you won’t see a worse half of football. 

I’ve said that at half time in every match but the next match is even worse 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Same old.  We never learn.  Same old for the next 20 mins.  Cardiff get a goal and we chase the game and concede another.

Do we ever even look like scoring a goal?

Korey booking was ridiculous too .  He won the ball and slid on the wet grass.

Too be fair, the ref is almost as useless as us

Worry for me is it's really hard to see who is going to come off the bench t give us a bit more creativity.

Marley Watkins could give us a bit more directness and Paterson might come up with something but there is so little creativity in the squad. Even if we brought Afrobe on, it isn't really clear where he'd get a service from. 

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Cardiff is better and draw ht is good for us. How we gonna score I dont know. 45 to go and maybe we can have a lucky win. COYR!!!

This has 0-1 written large all over it.

Smithies a class keeper - we'll not trouble him today ...

Archived