IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Even in our relegation season I was keen to watch every minute of every match. 

Now I find myself doing other tasks that little is happening.

I filled out a good part of a job application in this one.

Hopefully for the soon to be vacant managers job at Bristol City.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Congratulations to the people who wanted us to lose, you must be delighted. 

Silly comment - no true City fan wants us to lose but there comes a point when performances are so dire, so often, that something needs to change. So having lost (again) I hope it leads to Lee, Mac and Dean getting the push. If that happens, then yes - I will be delighted.

Just now, Northern Red said:

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

The early pages of this thread and the thread the other day suggest otherwise.

There are some, but they think that the loss is a price worth paying to get rid of Johnson. I don't necessarily agree but I can see the thinking. 

I am more of the I would rather have lost by 5/6 today and hopefully that gets rid of Johnson than lose another game 1-0 where the deluded can continue to pretend that we might suddenly get better when Johnson picks the right system and goes on a lucky streak again. 

We carry zero threat corners free kicks allways seem to be easily cleared our crosses seem to be hit with more hope than anything  else it bores me to tears the only consolation is i didnt have to get of the sofa to watch it hurry up and put us out of our misery please mr lansdown

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Hey Northern.

I’d stop short of saying I *wanted* us to lose. But I do want what’s best for this club in the long term, and I do think it might be for the best that we did lose today. I take no delight in saying it, but it’s entirely obvious to me that we are desperate for a fresh start with a new manager, and today’s result makes that more likely.

So I’m not delighted...but I can see the benefit to today’s result if it hasten’s Johnson’s exit...so I’m not particularly disappointed either.

Hopefully people can appreciate this argument.

Short term there is no pain in losing - neither team will go up as Brentford or Fulham will win the playoffs. Or WBA is they slip out. We wouldn’t be going up even if we win. 

But the long term is important and LJ has taken us as far as he can - it’s time for a change so anything this season that gets that closer isn’t a bad thing.

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Even in our relegation season I was keen to watch every minute of every match. 

Now I find myself doing other tasks because that little is happening.

I filled out a good part of a job application in this one.

Hope a few better managers were also thinking of applications watching this

I know a lot blame LJ and I cetainly want him gone but how can our players NEVER choose the right pass when we are nearly through on goal . Cant blame Lee for that ,these are players playing in the second best league in the country .Only thing I can think is that the players are lacking in confidence and nervous of making mistakes so ultimately they do anyway.

4 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

I know a lot blame LJ and I cetainly want him gone but how can our players NEVER choose the right pass when we are nearly through on goal . Cant blame Lee for that ,these are players playing in the second best league in the country .Only thing I can think is that the players are lacking in confidence and nervous of making mistakes so ultimately they do anyway.

unfortunately LJ can coach good football skill out of the best players, the players look confused at what he wants the too do and it just ends up hoofing it forward. i can honestly say this is some of the worst football i have seen from city in many a year..

19 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

This is what Tomlin can do, too good a player for LJ to cope with, letting him go was his biggest mistake of many 

Comes to something when a little  stab forward into the strikers path for a shooting opportunity is heralded as real quality. I think it’s says more about the rest of the game. Poor 

2 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

And whose job is it to instill confidence in the players by talking to them, encouraging them to take chances and taking note of their mistakes? The man who can pick a different combination of 11 most weeks and get the exact same hesitence, doubt and panic.

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Don't start having a go at the fans direct your anger at LJ  none of us want to lose but if it get that muppet out  in the long run it might not be a bad result

The buck stops with LJ he bought the players and he coached them so really who else is there to blame?

Totally agree, I think LJ's time is up which I take no pleasure in saying. But as usual the players get off virtually scott free, Baker aside they were second to everything, gutless and disinterested. With so many across the country facing unemployment performances like that make me sick.

5 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

I know a lot blame LJ and I cetainly want him gone but how can our players NEVER choose the right pass when we are nearly through on goal . Cant blame Lee for that ,these are players playing in the second best league in the country

It's not a coincidence.  LJ's tactics have always been to get the ball in behind, have lots of runners, try to force a high press etc.  When it works it's fine, when it doesn't it looks disjointed and sloppy.  There's very little composure in the team and it shows.  It's the manager's job to organise that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

Confidence comes from a manager who believes in you and trusts you. In normal circumstances the crowd can effect players confidence by getting on the players backs, but there is no crowd. 

So, for me it’s clear that all of Johnson’s snipes at the players have got to them, they are afraid of trying things because they know Johnson will slag them off if they make mistakes. 

Good managers give players confidence.............

Archived