IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

I have absolutely no problem with LJ as a person, he seems a nice guy, even if he waffles on a little too much on occasions.  However if he truly wants what is best for the club, he needs to offer his resignation.  Its patently clear that he has no idea what to do next, and his tactics and approach are no longer viable.  Its obvious that the club needs a shake up on the playing side, and that new ideas and a motivational coach are needed asap.  Thanks LJ, you have done ok, but it really is time to leave.

We need to talk about his body language imo.

Players aren't stupid. They can tell if you believe in them, and tell when you don't. The average player is very perceptive of the coach, and their body language. I'm shocked that LJ finds it acceptable to be stood with your arms crossed as your players are strolling back towards you for a water break, or be stood with his hands on his hips or in his pockets when you're a goal down as hes want to do. That is, if you can tear yourself away from that argument with the fourth official.

Patting a substitute on the back every now and then is not a replacement for the basics. 

It's grassroots level stuff.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I have absolutely no problem with LJ as a person, he seems a nice guy, even if he waffles on a little too much on occasions.  However if he truly wants what is best for the club, he needs to offer his resignation.  Its patently clear that he has no idea what to do next, and his tactics and approach are no longer viable.  Its obvious that the club needs a shake up on the playing side, and that new ideas and a motivational coach are needed asap.  Thanks LJ, you have done ok, but it really is time to leave.

Agree entirely, just said to a mate that I think he's a good coach and it would not surprise me if he ended up at a Premiership academy rather than frontline management. Either way its just gone a bit stale here. The season's gone now, nothing to play for, so let him go, then look at a replacement and get them in sooner as the off-season is going to be short this year. 

Do we go for out of work (Houghton) or someone in work (Ainsworth, Cook) or someone who could be getting the sack soon (Howe)

2 minutes ago, AndySnapper said:

If you are going to change coach, it needs to be for a better one with more success under her belt, not someone else's failed cast-off ?

Unless you are going to appoint a rookie, then an experienced out of work manager (Houghton) will be someone's failed cast off

24 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Confidence comes from a manager who believes in you and trusts you. In normal circumstances the crowd can effect players confidence by getting on the players backs, but there is no crowd. 

So, for me it’s clear that all of Johnson’s snipes at the players have got to them, they are afraid of trying things because they know Johnson will slag them off if they make mistakes. 

Good managers give players confidence.............

Such a simple yet integral facet of managing at any level and in any industry, not just football.

48 minutes ago, Roe said:

It's not a coincidence.  LJ's tactics have always been to get the ball in behind, have lots of runners, try to force a high press etc.  When it works it's fine, when it doesn't it looks disjointed and sloppy.  There's very little composure in the team and it shows.  It's the manager's job to organise that.

With a 2 it can get exposed very easily.

In possession, out of possession- in different phases where you make up the two with a wide man, it can free up a flank for 2 v 1.

We didn't do anything like enough to win the game but I don't believe we deserved it either. A 0-0 draw would have been a fair result. This was one of those where, regardless of formations and tactics, the players have got to get the basics right. Baker did so at the back, and Nagy was generally tidy, but all to often when going forward our passing and crossing was sloppy and wayward. Players who aspire to play at a higher level have to show more composure than was on view today. 

On 04/07/2020 at 17:44, bexhill reds said:

Unless you are going to appoint a rookie, then an experienced out of work manager (Houghton) will be someone's failed cast off

You missed my reference to 'her'  (in jest!)

I agree but it is another scary roll of the dice to be sure.

Archived