IGNORED

Eliasson - Conspiracy Theory No18463

Davefevs

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Hmm, seems to have done well this season assists wise. One of those players where you know what he’s going to do but defenders most of the time can’t stop it happening.

If we appointed a manager that shows our intent next season I can see Eliasson being an integral part. Same as Palmer and Paterson, feel they just need to be released and able to play free flowing football. The midfield behind them in Smith and Nagy slow the play down too much and stop that from happening, when they do get the ball they are surrounded by defenders and their job just became 10x harder. 

The one thing that has consistently annoyed me this season is the lack of positive passes and touches. Rarely have I seen one of our midfielders play the ball along the floor through an opposition ‘line’ 

Nagy did it several times today, just needed someone to be able to pick it up in that hole and be able to do something with it. 

50 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm not sure I rate him as much as many. Think he has become predictable and we become even more one dimensional when he is on the pitch. That's not to say he couldn't become an influential player under a new manager.

I've never really rated him. Too weak and not consistent enough for this level. Get the feeling he thinks he's better than he actually is. 

16 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

I've never really rated him. Too weak and not consistent enough for this level. Get the feeling he thinks he's better than he actually is. 

He is a genuinely nice guy. No chance he think's he is better than what he is. But I agree with you his game is limited. Over ten meters and crossing he is top class at this level and he would be immense with an overlap from co-players taking some burden from his shoulders but it did  never happen. They just stood still watching. As always. The rest of his game is L1 level though. A stroll in Italy would suit him far better. 

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Didn't he get the 2nd highest assists, behind only WBA's Pereira in the division season just gone??

Was top for a while but played some less games.  Maybe it was 3rd.

Yes, thought he did- this confirms! 

Can always be a bit on the inconsistent side, if you're a tricky winger...hard to find a shape that suits him- and us- however.

A dozen assists though, still with room for growth.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/top-assists.html

I wonder how he'd have done at one of the top 4 or 5...Eliasson whippng it in, 4-3-3- with Mitrovic to aim at! Or Glatzel at Cardiff...both a bit more mobile than Diedhiou can be?

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

There's a general perception about Eliasson that because he is slight of frame that he lacks strength. Interesting then that the official stats for the season show that he made more tackles than any other player in the squad. 

Another case of a player who will move on and perform superb elsewhere and us a couple months down the line wondering what happened. 

Yeah he is a bit one dimensional but if that one dimension can create 12 goals and he is still young enough to improve his game then i'm all for it.

I'm sure people had reservations over brownhill and reid for example and look how far they've come.

If a winger is consistent week in week out he would not be playing for Bristol City.

28 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There's a general perception about Eliasson that because he is slight of frame that he lacks strength. Interesting then that the official stats for the season show that he made more tackles than any other player in the squad. 

Think there was talk that he took judo lessons to build himself up, but not sure number of tackles is linked to that.  Last season Kalas and Webster as a pair were the lowest tacklers in the squad (near enough) and very low in Championship CBs.

Callum O’Dowda has good pressing stats (allegedly - my data doesn’t have that) But I don’t see that.

3 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

He has by far the best assists per 90 minutes record in the league for anyone whose played over 250 minutes this season. 3rd in the overall assist table with 11 in 2176 minutes, Wallace has 12 in 4045 and Pereira has 13 3620. Think how many Eliasson could have had with another 1500 minutes of game time....

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

Eliasson will move on to bigger better things. Woefully mismanaged by LJ.

On a serious point, on “mismanagement” do you include how he’s been coached?  He’s got a lovely left foot, quick feet and pace....but he doesn’t appear to know how to get into a game.  His positional sense is poor and movement is one-dimensional imho,

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

On a serious point, on “mismanagement” do you include how he’s been coached?  He’s got a lovely left foot, quick feet and pace....but he doesn’t appear to know how to get into a game.  His positional sense is poor and movement is one-dimensional imho,

I mean this is just meaningless bollocks isnt it

Archived