IGNORED

The unofficial Lee Johnson Post-match press conference prediction thread...

LondonBristolian

We were awful.

This down to me.

The players are confused by my coaching methods, changes in personnel, formations and tactics.

I think I've taken the club as far as I can.

I can completely understand the owner giving me my marching orders.

.....................Are all things I could be saying after such an appalling run of form and results, such as we've experienced since the beginning of 2020. However, you have to remember that we've been hit hard by the coronavirus, as the enforced lay off has enabled us to get all our players back to full fitness. This has created a problem as I have had an even wider player pool from which to select, which causes it's own problems for such a forward thinking coach as I. 

However, the lads have been working hard and after the last 4 games we are starting to see signs that the hard work is paying off , as Cardiff only snatched the win at the death, rather than us being well and truly beaten much earlier in the game, as had been the case in our previous 3 matches. We also missed Kasey's creativity today, due to his unfortunate injury, and that made  huge difference.

I feel we've turned a corner today, and look forward to us improving over the remaining games and crying that forward into next season, when when after a break we will be raring to go with a concerted challenge for promotion.

Just now, daored said:

Go now , he’s blaming high turnover of players , although we have a philosophy. 

what absolute bollocks. he's spent more than any other city manager. on paper the players brought in are just as good.... wells vs reid, Dasilva vs bryan, kalas vs flint etc. 

I bet LJ would be top of the class in getting his footballing qualifications no doubt.

Imho the best managers have great man management skills where I would imagine he isn’t top of the class.

I wouldn’t like to play for the man the amount of times he slags the players in the press.Its never his fault it seems.

How often did you see Sir Alex Ferguson berate his players in the media?

Archived