IGNORED

Who next? (Merged)

Luxo Jr.

Not been on here in ages, imagine this thread comes up once a week, here's mine - had been a Johnson supporter all the way through the blips of previous seasons, but the combination of a terrible run of results and really horrible football means I'm now ready to look towards a Bristol City without LJ. But with who?

I'm personally not up for having a slew of managers that aim for short-term success. A Warnock, a Pulis or, god help us, a Pardew would make me dread our future. 

So please suggest who you'd pick (reasonable suggestions only) to succeed Johnson and keep the club building on the principles LJ started out with - giving youth a chance, shopping smart and bringing a good football identity, rather than reactionary tactics. I have no suggestions, hence why I wasn't up for sacking him until now.

10 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Not been on here in ages, imagine this thread comes up once a week, here's mine - had been a Johnson supporter all the way through the blips of previous seasons, but the combination of a terrible run of results and really horrible football means I'm now ready to look towards a Bristol City without LJ. But with who?

I'm personally not up for having a slew of managers that aim for short-term success. A Warnock, a Pulis or, god help us, a Pardew would make me dread our future. 

So please suggest who you'd pick (reasonable suggestions only) to succeed Johnson and keep the club building on the principles LJ started out with - giving youth a chance, shopping smart and bringing a good football identity, rather than reactionary tactics. I have no suggestions, hence why I wasn't up for sacking him until now.

To be fair, after the shower of sh*t we've been presented in terms of team development and performances over the year I think I'll chuck my name in the hat......couldn't do a worse job....bar isn't very high....

Plus I can be considered 'up and coming (never coached a game of football in my life)

Just now, MelksRed said:

To be fair, after the shower of sh*t we've been presented in terms of team development and performances over the year I think I'll chuck my name in the hat......couldn't do a worse job....bar isn't very high....

Plus I can be considered 'up and coming (never coached a game of football in my life)

rant over 

There seems to be a lot of options at the moment. 

I would also be tempted to additionally look at Germany either Dieter Hecking or Dirk Schuster, see if there is a feeling that either of them fancy a challenge.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And I’d like to sleep with Gal Gadot. 

That’s not happening either

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

Got Lam for the rugby why don’t can’t we trade up for City too? 

Just look at Sheff Utd and Chris Wilder, all it takes a great man manager to turn an average team. Basham, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, Clarke, Sharp were hardly stars until he came along and gave them an identity and belief. 

Having a top manager is better than signing one top player imo

4 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Just look at Sheff Utd and Chris Wilder, all it takes a great man manager to turn an average team. Basham, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, Clarke, Sharp were hardly stars until he came along and gave them an identity and belief. 

Definitely. This is the best City squad talent-wise for decades and Johnson can’t get a tune out of them. Depressing.

15 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

And he’d be cheap 

I understand the point you're making, but I never understand why owners do this.

The person they appointed is in charge of tens of millions of pounds, they wont think twice about signing a contract for a player on a £1m a year contract, so why not do the same for arguably, the most important person at the club??

10 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Got Lam for the rugby why don’t can’t we trade up for City too? 

You mean apart from what managers of equal standard in football would want to be paid and them having far, far more options in football than rugby?

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I’m not disagreeing with that, but the financials in football and Rugby are on different levels. The names mentioned (Dyche, Howe etc) are international or successful prem/top level coaches. They’ll come both with a staff that has a sizeable wage bill and also want financial backing (For example look at the respective signings of squad players Solanke and Gibson at Bournemouth/Burnley). So they aren’t happening.

Where I totally agree is that a Wilder type would be great - but when Sheff Utd got him he was Northampton manager and not fresh out of the prem. As I’ve said before, the closest thing there is Paul Cook and if you offered him now I’d snap your arm off.

I

7 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Man management and tactically astute- Knill plays a role in the latter too. Bit of a (poor man's) Clough and Taylor?

Archived