IGNORED

Who next? (Merged)

Luxo Jr.

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Not been on here in ages, imagine this thread comes up once a week, here's mine - had been a Johnson supporter all the way through the blips of previous seasons, but the combination of a terrible run of results and really horrible football means I'm now ready to look towards a Bristol City without LJ. But with who?

I'm personally not up for having a slew of managers that aim for short-term success. A Warnock, a Pulis or, god help us, a Pardew would make me dread our future. 

So please suggest who you'd pick (reasonable suggestions only) to succeed Johnson and keep the club building on the principles LJ started out with - giving youth a chance, shopping smart and bringing a good football identity, rather than reactionary tactics. I have no suggestions, hence why I wasn't up for sacking him until now.

Johnson fan oh dear

32 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if you come in for Alex Neil.

He’s done a similar, probably better job than Johnson with a much smaller budget at North End.

By all accounts he’s a bit fed up with the lack of striker signings here.

I think we will be an attractive proposition for managers , we’ve stuck by Lee when many clubs wouldn’t. We have a wealthy owner who will back his manager financially (although we do sell big once a season). Stadium finished , training ground being revamped and not a bad squad of players , needs a tweak here and there 

2 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

chris coleman could be a shout, he was on a hiding to nothing with sunderland when he took over

If he's in the running I will let you know..I do some work for someone that knows him really well.

Considering the timing, wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the end of the Premiership season to see who gets sacked.

Eddie Howe (doubt he would get sacked even if Bournemouth went down) I suspect would be a great coupe.

11 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Offer Pochettino whatever he wants ?

I would jizz. But yeah, no 

Just now, bcfcfinker said:

Considering the timing, wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the end of the Premiership season to see who gets sacked.

Eddie Howe (doubt he would get sacked even if Bournemouth went down) I suspect would be a great coupe.

I’ve heard he’s very driven

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You’re thinking about his reputation as a player. He’s been part of a very progressive coaching staff at Everton. He might be what they’re after.

Sure, but I’m also thinking of when he was caretaker manager for a few games. I vaguely remember it being very route one. Could be wrong though. 

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Might be wrong but I always got the impression Lansdown didn’t really like Colin. 

Warnock has been complimentary to us and SL over the years, even after taking a punch or two, but don’t think it was ever reciprocal?

Wtf are these Nigel Clough shouts ?

Several promotions, 3 cup semi finals. 4 yrs at Derby, saved Sheff Utd from relegation. Teams set up to play attacking football....why not ?

Mark Ashton>Michael Appleton saga again ?

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Several promotions, 3 cup semi finals. 4 yrs at Derby, saved Sheff Utd from relegation. Teams set up to play attacking football....why not ?

Fair enough. ?

Archived