IGNORED

Who next? (Merged)

Luxo Jr.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Eddie Howe could become available!!

Hmm, he overspent at Bournemouth in his promotion year.

With a wage cap mooted at this level, he may actually not be the best fit in some ways- next year there is a rumored wage cap of £18m with £3 fine per £1 of overspend. Would SL want that- would any owner want that??

I'd have to look in more detail but on our current wage bill, that'd be a £30m fine incoming. That's back of a matchbox by me.

Are you also aware that such fines are intended to strengthen compliant clubs- Howe doesn't strike me as someone happy under such conditions necessarily.

Arguments sake and example. 18 clubs overspend by an average of £10m apiece. That's a hell of a lot of fines for example. 6 clubs comply- get rewarded with that money averaged out.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some of Hughton's football can be problematic, not so good to watch- depends what style people like I guess- possession first? Not all that often in his case.

Living in Brighton I have watched a lot of Hughton's football and it was fantastic in the championship, it was only in the premiership that his tactics got overly defensive..

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

Living in Brighton I have watched a lot of Hughton's football and it was fantastic in the championship, it was only in the premiership that his tactics got overly defensive..

Looked a mixed bag from what I could see from afar.

Hughton doesn't strike me even at this level as a possession first manager- but of course possession isn't the only way to get fun/entertaining football. I'd suggest his tactics are less adventurous, comparing like for like, than say Jokanovic.

I think am now leaning towards Cook as ideal target, in a lot of respects.

I think this time we need to go for a name that players will look up to and respect, I think this was LJ's and his fathers problem (not just due to height), I don't think they could manage players with big ego's who had played at a higher level and bigger clubs, then once it starts to go wrong the confidence in the manger evaporates. 

Also need a manager who likes to play football on the ground and total opposite to the likes of Colin or Tiny Penis

I appreciate mark Robbins has done a good job at Coventry.....but his record in the champ is poor, worse than Cotts, so I cant see him being an option now we are looking for prem football.

Need a big name or someone with consistent success.

Archived