IGNORED

Who next? (Merged)

Luxo Jr.

5 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Wasn’t SL close to giving Mark Robins the job previously (before Cotts)?

If so, he is likely to be in the frame again!

SL has invested in a high profile/proven name for the Bears - about time he did likewise for City if we want to progress

Mark Robins and Nigel Clough good bets. Both played at highest level and done well on a shoe string. There are not many on here mentioning our pantomime foe Warnock.  He’s always wanted a crack at BCFC and his record  is second to none. 
As far as I am concerned DH and JM are part of the problem with LJ. I hope DH and JM also go end of season.  They are culpable as well ?

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

Mark Robins and Nigel Clough good bets. Both played at highest level and done well on a shoe string. There are not many on here mentioning our pantomime foe Warnock.  He’s always wanted a crack at BCFC and his record  is second to none. 
As far as I am concerned DH and JM are part of the problem with LJ. I hope DH and JM also go end of season.  They are culpable as well ?

Both Robin's and clough would be hugely underwhelming.

I really hope the sacking today means the board have someone lined up already. I know they will have a shortlist, but I'm hoping they have made significant progress with someone. 

Would be great if we got someone in before the seasons over.

2 hours ago, Lez said:

I can imagine the club going all out for Hughton.

The likes if Alex Neil and Warnock no thanks.

I would think Hughton would be a good call as we have quite close ties  to Brighton.

Their ‘chairman’ came down to Bristol to support our Aston Vale proposition.

I also think that City are a similar size outfit to Brighton.

Other than that I don’t know . 

Anyone who has exp of building a promo challenging team and has a clue on the best team to play; someone who can galvanise the players and fans to believe again and give everything they can to get this club back to the top of this div and beyond where we belong. NO FEAR.

Ainsworth, Cook, Clough and Hughton would probably be the most likely candidates. 

I'd like us to push he boat out and get Ernesto Valverde. I joke we'd never get him. I would like us to think about someone like Joe Edwards (Chelsea) or Stephane Moilin (Angers SCO) both are good with bringing through youth and fantastic and finding gems. 

56 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Clough wouldn't leave the Midlands. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The timing of this strongly suggests we have already had informal talks with potential candidate/s imo.

Paul Cook is too opinionated.

Hughton or Robins seem the obvious front-runners.

Agree think we’ll have someone in charge in time for Hull game. Robins odds have shortened considerably 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The timing of this strongly suggests we have already had informal talks with potential candidate/s imo.

Paul Cook is too opinionated.

Hughton or Robins seem the obvious front-runners.

Like you I think someone must be lined up - the statement gives that feeling, and all roads point to Hughton imo. 

So, for nothing it's worth, my preferences at the moment...

C.Hughton

D.Smith (if Villa sack him)

K.Curle (if he'll leave Northampton for a reasonable compensation)

M.Robins (if he'll leave Coventry for a reasonable compensation)

Clough-Maybe, Ainsworth-Maybe, Bowyer-Maybe,

McLaren-Meh

Holloway-No, Pulis-No, Warnock-NO!

Just been having a browse of Preston's forum, where there's a thread called "Neil Out?" with a poll (started last weekend) showing 41% want him gone, plus another 25% undecided. Lots of complaints about dull football etc and the suggestion that he's run his course there.(seems familiar...)

The last couple of pages is where news filters through of LJ going, with several suggesting Neil would come here if we want him, and some that Preston may not stand in his way as it saves them having to pay him off in the summer.

Archived