Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Just now, Kibs said:

Well, never have we been a more attractive proposition for a manager, surely?

An owner who doesn’t like to sack, supports the manager in the transfer market, nice stadium, new training ground coming and a good squad already.

I hope we show some ambition with this appointment - there are some very good managers out there that I’m sure would like to come here.

This.

Time to really show some ambition.

If promotion to the Prem is the goal - and we've been told often enough that it is - it would be a good idea to appoint someone who has actually achieved that...or its equivalent...

...and to not take a punt on a manager with no demonstrable experience achieving the task required.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Eddie Howe could become available!!

Hmm, he overspent at Bournemouth in his promotion year.

With a wage cap mooted at this level, he may actually not be the best fit in some ways- next year there is a rumored wage cap of £18m with £3 fine per £1 of overspend. Would SL want that- would any owner want that??

I'd have to look in more detail but on our current wage bill, that'd be a £30m fine incoming. That's back of a matchbox by me.

Are you also aware that such fines are intended to strengthen compliant clubs- Howe doesn't strike me as someone happy under such conditions necessarily.

Arguments sake and example. 18 clubs overspend by an average of £10m apiece. That's a hell of a lot of fines for example. 6 clubs comply- get rewarded with that money averaged out.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some of Hughton's football can be problematic, not so good to watch- depends what style people like I guess- possession first? Not all that often in his case.

Living in Brighton I have watched a lot of Hughton's football and it was fantastic in the championship, it was only in the premiership that his tactics got overly defensive..

Edited by M.D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, M.D said:

Living in Brighton I have watched a lot of Hughton's football and it was fantastic in the championship, it was only in the premiership that his tactics got overly defensive..

Looked a mixed bag from what I could see from afar.

Hughton doesn't strike me even at this level as a possession first manager- but of course possession isn't the only way to get fun/entertaining football. I'd suggest his tactics are less adventurous, comparing like for like, than say Jokanovic.

I think am now leaning towards Cook as ideal target, in a lot of respects.

I think this time we need to go for a name that players will look up to and respect, I think this was LJ's and his fathers problem (not just due to height), I don't think they could manage players with big ego's who had played at a higher level and bigger clubs, then once it starts to go wrong the confidence in the manger evaporates. 

Also need a manager who likes to play football on the ground and total opposite to the likes of Colin or Tiny Penis

Forget Hughton - overrated & probably too expensive.

Paul Cook, Mark Robins or Ryan Lowe could be good shouts.

Tony Mowbray has the experience & knows how to organise a side & play football.

Don't get over excited & just pray that the lunatics who run the asylum will make the right call.

🤔

I appreciate mark Robbins has done a good job at Coventry.....but his record in the champ is poor, worse than Cotts, so I cant see him being an option now we are looking for prem football.

Need a big name or someone with consistent success.

• Like 1