IGNORED

The unnecessary complex Coaching methods of LJ

What the hell is going on with the coaching of, what is a really good team on paper?

Too many systems, formations...  Players clueless on what they're being asked to do

I remember LJ featuring on soccer AM am on a coaching clip (you know the drill or so.ethibg like that) using Tomlin... Anyway, It was the most overly complicated/confusing drill I've ever seen... Just play it simple and stop thinking your this amazing tactical genius

Just go please.

Steve L - I love you but get this clown out... Its ruining my life

9 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

What the hell is going on with the coaching of, what is a really good team on paper?

Too many systems, formations...  Players clueless on what they're being asked to do

I remember LJ featuring on soccer AM am on a coaching clip (you know the drill or so.ethibg like that) using Tomlin... Anyway, It was the most overly complicated/confusing drill I've ever seen... Just play it simple and stop thinking your this amazing tactical genius

Just go please.

Steve L - I love you but get this clown out... Its ruining my life

Bill Shankly once said 'football is a simple game, complicated by idiots".

Sadly, LJ has confirmed that to be true.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Lee Johnson is a UEFA Pro Licensed coach. There are 390 people who hold that qualification in England.

I want him gone too, but he's clearly a very capable coach.

Then why don’t we see any evidence of that on the pitch, no patterns of play, no clever inter play, no tactical nouse, he gets out thought by nearly every other manager 

4 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Then why don’t we see any evidence of that on the pitch, no patterns of play, no clever inter play, no tactical nouse, he gets out thought by nearly every other manager 

Exactly. Even the so called dinosaur managers will do one over him. 

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Lee Johnson is a UEFA Pro Licensed coach. There are 390 people who hold that qualification in England.

How many of , in our working lives, have worked with/for people with all the qualifications in the world, but who couldn't actually do the job day to day?

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yep, agreed... But if you see that list of uefa pro coaches it's not exactly an illustrious list... And a small % are in management... How many managers would love the chance Lee has had... 

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

How many of , in our working lives, have worked with/for people with all the qualifications in the world, but who couldn't actually do the job day to day?

In one of my jobs, the company used to bring in young degree graduates.

Very clever but most did not have a degree of common sense!

Bring anyone to mind?

42 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just as your able to pass exams it doesn’t automatically make you very good at actually doing a job, 

it happens all over every industry 

17 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

That isn't correct. There are thousands. Coaches at humbler levels hold those qualifications e.g. kids coaches at Bristol Inner City ..

It is not a measurement of capability. Its an award for meeting coaching frameworks.

17 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Just as your able to pass exams it doesn’t automatically make you very good at actually doing a job, 

it happens all over every industry 

Yes. The person completing it does not have to follow the teaching. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

That isn't correct. There are thousands. Coaches at humbler levels hold those qualifications e.g. kids coaches at Bristol Inner City ..

It is not a measurement of capability. Its an award for meeting coaching frameworks.

Whenever you see a run through of our season’s goals, they are almost exclusively from high balls lobbed into the box.  

For all the complicated formations LJ seemed to like, once in the opposition box,, we were unbelievably one-dimensional.

I’d like to see more of an emphasis on trying to maximise the strengths of individual players, rather than sometimes working against them.  This persisting with square pegs in round holes, which often seemed to lower the player’s effectiveness, to fit them into a system, just wasn’t working.

That’s why I’m convinced LJ will never create a team that’s better than the sum of its parts.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

@Cowshed can you give me any sources for the number of Uefa Pro Licence holders? Apart from some shoddy wikipedia information, I can't find anything official. You'd think that sort of thing would be easily accessable. Cheers.

Archived