IGNORED

Gone - Lee Johnson relieved of his job. 100% Official

Bat Fastard

Thank you Lee, turned the club from one fighting survival to one that should now be fighting for the play offs, in itself a very good achievement, never going to forget the games vs the Manchester clubs either 

Didn’t feel sad when Dicks left, or Johnson senior, but do now. Inevitable and the right decision, but managers who love their club are as rare as chairman who have supported their club since childhood, and we had both. Replacement a huge decision and one Ashton must get right. 

It’s not common place for a head coach or Manager these days to get 4 years to build a team that can challenge at the top and also the significant amount of support he has had from the board also

we were going nowhere fast and treading water. Whilst I appreciate LJs contribution and in particular that great cup run a few seasons ago things were getting a bit stale and predictable 

I sincerely hope SL & MA have a top drawer proven target to take over as expectations are now that we must have someone who can take us to the next level

1 minute ago, ReggyRed said:

If you look back over the last 4 years and think he’s done a shite job then there’s no helping you.

Right back at you.

If you look at the last 4 years and the unprecedented amounts of money he has spent, and think he has done a good job, then there's no helping you.

(Thank you Lee for the fine cup run culminating in giving arguably the  best team in Europe a run for their money.)

10 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Wow. The club was listening

I think they have been since the restart 1 presser did not happen and the next none of the coaching staff appeared, so its fairly obvious that results spoke in the end - some of it was good Lee, I hope you have more success in the future.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Only Moysie for me. Praying for WHam losses now.

For anyone interested apparently Mark Ashton did the ‘relieving of his duties’ bit.

Why would you want moyes genuinely interested...seems like a yesterday man to me who will command a big salary...not exactly doing a great job with west ham

6 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

People should show a little more class. A man has lost his job, and perhaps justifiably so given the performances this year. But it wasn’t for his want of trying and his love for the club. This represents a failure in a number of areas and not something that should be celebrated. 

Show class? The man lost a job that he wasn't doing well enough in a cut throat business. Lee was given far longer than most managers would have been given. I also disagree with the failure in a number of areas, name something other than the tactics that is holding us back? Recruitment has been superb over the last few seasons, the business side has been superb, the only thing that has held us back was tactics and man management.

Thanks for getting us to where we are now considering we were looking at going down when he was appointed.

Improvement year upon year, but this season is a step backwards, and the performances this season (arguably longer) have been well below par. With the squad we have now, we should be up within a bloody good chance of the playoffs at least.

He's ran out of excuses, can't blame anybody else now, and I wonder if the final nail was actually his "players being sold for whatever reason" comment after the game tonight.

Time for a new set of eyes, time to appoint somebody who can assess the squad over the remaining games, and get cracking during this shorter pre-season.

We've had the up and coming coach, and he's done fairly well over all, regardless of whether you like the bloke or not (which I don't and never really have). Now is the time to really show how much this club actually wants to get to the Premiership.

Appoint someone with the experience of getting promotion, and someone who the players will start playing for, because they look like they stopped playing for Johnson months ago.

This next appointment will either make or break the club.

Archived