IGNORED

Gone - Lee Johnson relieved of his job. 100% Official

Bat Fastard

1 minute ago, eastonboy said:

Right back at you.

If you look at the last 4 years and the unprecedented amounts of money he has spent, and think he has done a good job, then there's no helping you.

(Thank you Lee for the fine cup run culminating in giving arguably the  best team in Europe a run for their money.)

Interesting hearing the sky commentators saying he's doing an 'ok' job.  Which is about spot on imo.  It wasn't bad but wasn't good either.

I’m gutted, even though the run and football had been poor but we have a young manager that is intelligent and will go on to better things. He is a Bristol city man and we are middle of the championship. Over the last 15 years championship has not been a given. We have been carried away chasing the play offs and dependent on who we bring in I feel this could be a bad decision. The losing streaks have been hard to take but I feel we are thinking we are due something. We aren’t guaranteed play offs, we have been there once in 2008. Johnson has a great career ahead of him and although it hasn’t worked out here I worry about who we are going to bring in. I hope we are as big as some believe we are but we have never done well with a new manager. Over the last two seasons we have had chances at the play offs. I feel the frustration of being competitive in the championship has been the downfall and hope we can bring somebody in that can move us forward rather than fall back that is usual with a new appointment here. Let’s see what the new season brings.

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Nobody is celebrating,after 2 years of to put it bluntly boring nonsense football it’s the correct decision,wish him the best but onwards and upwards for the city I feel

All the cheering on here?  Looks like a little celebrating going on. Anyway, I agree. Onwards and upwards. 

hes done better than a number of shite appointments in the past,hands tied by the financial programme he has done extremely well. sad to see him go in that respect but relieved we might see a fresh approach to the playing set up now,with hopefully some better performances.  lets hope this season was a blip on our march towards the promised land. onwards and upwards from now on in. cant see dean holden changing much unless hes secretly been saying he would but who knows. COYR  a very happy bunny tonight

15 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I definitely wanted him gone but it’s not personal. He did his best for the club and fans, we’re a stronger club after his hard work. 

Hope he is okay and goes onto better things. 

Problem is, if you read a lot of posts, it is personal to a lot of people.

Overdue, but at least we have time to appoint the new manager before the new season starts. It simply couldn’t go on any longer. 

LJ - thank you for the first half of 2017/18, beating United, moving Reid up front. But it had long run its course.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I assume this has been on the cards for a while then, was he aware today was male or break?

No idea. I thought the build up to this match has been very, very, low key, even with the covid restrictions.

i honestly think the final nail was his comments about having to sell players ‘for whatever reasons’. I doubt SL liked hearing that.

Really sorry to see you go Lee.  We had some good times together but something has gone very wrong with either the playing staff and/or tactics.

I wish you all the best in whatever future role you find yourself in and thank you for all the hard work you put in and especially for the good times you brought us.

Everything comes to an end though and the time had come I think.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Didn’t expect it so soon in fairness. I know it’s been poor but I thought they would leave it until the end of the season. 

It’s been coming but I’d like to thank Lee for his efforts. Obviously a bloke who cares about the club and I wish him nothing but the best. 

Big push next season now. 

I thought earlier in the week it would happen if we lost to Forest, but results elsewhere went our way and probably gave him one more game.

We lost v Cardiff, we are 9 points off the playoffs going one way, with 2 draws in 9 games.  The football has been dull.

I’ve been critical over his tenure, but I do wish him the best.  Having met him a few times he is a decent bloke, he had affinity for this club (irrespective of his salary) and ultimately I hoped it would be a success.

If he was on a game to game basis to keep his job, then that is not a great way of running things, but at least a decision has been made.  I’m glad Ashton made the announcement.

Its now up to him to find a successor....and quickly.  There is going to be a very short close-season and any new manager needs to evaluate the current squad whilst looking where it can be improved, doubly difficult in a Covid financially affected time.  There is quality in the squad, luckily.

Lee has given us some good times here, and I really think he’d benefit from going somewhere as a Number 2, and learning being on the other side of good cop bad cop.  Maybe in the Prem, where he can see what top level players (both in ability and mental side) do to achieve.

I also thank him for what he did at Charlton Farm, especially allowing Joe (and Mrs Fevs) to have a day at the training ground on his second day in the job, when there were probably more pressing priorities after Cotts left.

Archived