IGNORED

Gone - Lee Johnson relieved of his job. 100% Official

Bat Fastard

2 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

People show some respect and don’t act like utter *****. Perhaps time for a freshen up but have to appreciate the job he’s done. Thanks for the memories lee 

If there is personal abuse, I'd agree, but other than that, 95% wanted him gone, why would anyone say anything other than glad he has?

9 minutes ago, NickJ said:

If there is personal abuse, I'd agree, but other than that, 95% wanted him gone, why would anyone say anything other than glad he has?

LJ ran out time NickJ. 

He was appointed  to Implement SL strategy which he’s done and also to reach the PL - which he has failed to do despite improving City’s league position season on season but never reaching the play offs.The board ( SL.....:cool2:) wielded the axe as this season LJ has not made the required progress.

Although the style of play would not have mattered to those with those at board level it did matter to us fans and it was dreary, dull, pedestrian and uninspired - just as his father was and that became a major criticism amongst the faithful LJ lost the fans support.

Sacking him was the right move imo but it now begs the question as who SL appoints next.

LJ wil not be short of a few quid or work in football, so we need to now move on with a proven manager who can manage exp and not so exp players, knows what his best team is and expects 110% from them every game.

Lee and his dad have passed through this club like many others, we are here forever..whatever.

Just a thought. I’m wondering how often SL is not at the matches and has seen the post Covid matches only on tv, I guess he is not attending. When you watch in person you see things for yourself, but on tv the commentators and pundits do influence you. I think listening to a few people that weren’t your ‘yes’ men SL may have realised how far we had drifted.

Maybe because of Covid things were brought to a head?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ ran out time NickJ. 

He was appointed  to Implement SL strategy which he’s done and also to reach the PL - which he has failed to do

Hi RR, asking now for future OTIB historical accuracy - did Mark Ashton or Steve Lansdown tip you off that this was happening at any prior senior reds lunch?

Your advanced warning of Steve Cotterill's dismissal is still a remarkable storyline, and I want to be sure I'm in on the next one before it goes down in legend.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Well said

His position had become untenable absolutely he had to go.

He will always believe he could have turned things around, the majority know this would never have happened.

His ego will be bruised more than anything as if he had one thing it was his belief in himself. I don't agree with some personal abuse he got,but people feeling sorry about him loosing a job,please.

Don't think he will rush back into management any time soon, lets face it the lad aint short of a bob. The media seem to love him and i can see him getting plenty of punditry work next season at the likes of sky,talksport .

Lee tried his upmost that can't be denied had the club at heart but in the end  he didn't have enough.

12 minutes ago, Olé said:

Hi RR, asking now for future OTIB historical accuracy - did Mark Ashton or Steve Lansdown tip you off that this was happening at any prior senior reds lunch?

Your advanced warning of Steve Cotterill's dismissal is still a remarkable storyline, and I want to be sure I'm in on the next one before it goes down in legend.

There have been no Senior Reds since the lockdown began so none of us had any idea that LJ was about to be sacked - other of course than the resumption of the Championship and no four consecutive defeats and it became clear that he wasn’t going to improve on last season’s league position.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

There have been no Senior Reds since the lockdown began so none of us had any idea that LJ was about to be sacked - other of course than the resumption of the Championship and no four consecutive defeats and it became clear that he wasn’t going to improve on last season’s league position.

Hard lines old bean.

I heard it announced, clear as a bell, over the Dolman tannoy before it was released.

All the best to lj,,, i wish him well and thank him for his hard work, but i agree with the majority on here that the time had come....

but to be fair,,, as soon as a player attracts a big bid, we sell them,,, sooner or later its not reasonable to expect anymore improvement... selling webster kelly and brownhill this year was going to be practically impossible to recover from.

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

All the best to lj,,, i wish him well and thank him for his hard work, but i agree with the majority on here that the time had come....

but to be fair,,, as soon as a player attracts a big bid, we sell them,,, sooner or later its not reasonable to expect anymore improvement... selling webster kelly and brownhill this year was going to be practically impossible to recover from.

And Pack.

I feel both sad and angry about Lee's sacking. I feel sad that we had a manager who clearly loves the club, [rather than a journeyman manager], something few clubs have; and I feel angry that his demise was hastened by obnoxious and often personal comments by fickle fans, who seem to expect City to play every week like Barcelona.  Now we get the same supporters who only yesterday were spitting venom at Lee, now saying how they wish him well and thanks for the memories! The hypocrisy is laughable.

37 minutes ago, myol'man said:

If Tiny Penis gets the job I want my season ticket money back.

Last time he was here I threw my season ticket at the chairman.

These season cards are going to be a bugger to throw accurately. The slightest breeze will take them well off target.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Thanks lee for 4 enjoyable years! Man city away my personal favourite. Future prem manager! 

I wouldn’t say the football, especially at home, has been enjoyable for at least two years.  It was time to go, he appeared out of his depth.   If we have to be a mid table championship team, then at least I’d like it to hold some excitement and entertainment.

That said, I have no personal animosity towards the guy and wish him well in whatever he does in the future.  

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

....and yet we were 6th at the end of January, won again 1st game in Feb, before the wheels came off.

That’s the bit I don’t get.

Been the same in each of the last 3 seasons really.

5 hours ago, Atlanta_Red said:

People should show a little more class. A man has lost his job, and perhaps justifiably so given the performances this year. But it wasn’t for his want of trying and his love for the club. This represents a failure in a number of areas and not something that should be celebrated. 

Not disagreeing with your sentiment, but it really grips my **** when people say "A man has lost his job" about football managers.

A man who is payed a fair wedge has lost his job with a probable whopping payout, and will soon have another job in the industry should he want one.

Archived