Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Gone - Lee Johnson relieved of his job. 100% Official

Thank you Lee, turned the club from one fighting survival to one that should now be fighting for the play offs, in itself a very good achievement, never going to forget the games vs the Manchester clubs either 

• Like 7

Didn’t feel sad when Dicks left, or Johnson senior, but do now. Inevitable and the right decision, but managers who love their club are as rare as chairman who have supported their club since childhood, and we had both. Replacement a huge decision and one Ashton must get right. 

• Like 12

The right decision at the right time.

If and when he returns to Ashton Gate, I hope he gets the warm reception he deserves for leaving the club in a stronger position than he left it - an established Championship side with a good squad and the potential for much more.

• Like 8

Only Moysie for me. Praying for WHam losses now.

For anyone interested apparently Mark Ashton did the ‘relieving of his duties’ bit.

• Like 3

It’s not common place for a head coach or Manager these days to get 4 years to build a team that can challenge at the top and also the significant amount of support he has had from the board also

we were going nowhere fast and treading water. Whilst I appreciate LJs contribution and in particular that great cup run a few seasons ago things were getting a bit stale and predictable 

I sincerely hope SL & MA have a top drawer proven target to take over as expectations are now that we must have someone who can take us to the next level

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Basically whoever loses the Severnside Derby loses their job. 

Strange coincidence isn’t it

Already posted that it was the right time to make a change but I wonder how long it will be before posters on here tell LJs permanent replacement (whoever that is) that's he's shite and should be sacked, and never should have been appointed in the first place. Less than 10 games into the new season? 

• Like 2

Shame how it's worked out, loved the club  and you knew his heart was in it but it simply wasn't working out and you could see he was struggling.  Right call by the club but good luck to LJ in his next role elsewhere.

Edited by Bristol is red
1 minute ago, ReggyRed said:

If you look back over the last 4 years and think he’s done a shite job then there’s no helping you.

Right back at you.

If you look at the last 4 years and the unprecedented amounts of money he has spent, and think he has done a good job, then there's no helping you.

(Thank you Lee for the fine cup run culminating in giving arguably the  best team in Europe a run for their money.)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Wow. The club was listening

I think they have been since the restart 1 presser did not happen and the next none of the coaching staff appeared, so its fairly obvious that results spoke in the end - some of it was good Lee, I hope you have more success in the future.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Only Moysie for me. Praying for WHam losses now.

For anyone interested apparently Mark Ashton did the ‘relieving of his duties’ bit.

Why would you want moyes genuinely interested...seems like a yesterday man to me who will command a big salary...not exactly doing a great job with west ham

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

People should show a little more class. A man has lost his job, and perhaps justifiably so given the performances this year. But it wasn’t for his want of trying and his love for the club. This represents a failure in a number of areas and not something that should be celebrated. 

Show class? The man lost a job that he wasn't doing well enough in a cut throat business. Lee was given far longer than most managers would have been given. I also disagree with the failure in a number of areas, name something other than the tactics that is holding us back? Recruitment has been superb over the last few seasons, the business side has been superb, the only thing that has held us back was tactics and man management.

• Like 5