IGNORED

Gone - Lee Johnson relieved of his job. 100% Official

Bat Fastard

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Only Moysie for me. Praying for WHam losses now.

For anyone interested apparently Mark Ashton did the ‘relieving of his duties’ bit.

On the fence with Moyes. We all know why you like him, but that withstanding, part of me says he has had his day and is just plodding from one job to the other nowadays. On the flip side, perhaps a drop into the Championship and a chance to rebuild his reputation at an up and coming club (maybe), that already has a good set of players is just what he needs.

I personally think that we have already lined someone up. It's common knowledge that the club is always looking for the next player, even 2, to replace the next one to be sold. The same will go for the head coach. Either someone has already been approached, or there is a shortlist of who they want. Perhaps the replacement has already been made, but can't take over until the season is finished. The club just want to save face before things get too ugly.....

Zero sadness from me, he’s got what’s deserved. Arrogant and out of his depth. Four years on and still had no plan, didn’t know which team to pick, dire ,boring, negative football. 

Wasn’t worthy of getting the job in the first place, four years wasted as far as I’m concerned. 

Yes, I'm glad Lee's been sacked, relieved perhaps the correct term in this case.

Yes, he's been given more time than most managers at most other clubs, despite awful runs and performances in good portions.

Yes, this season has been good enough.

Ultimately though - LJ gave us some good memories and likely tried his damned hardest to succeed; temper the relief with reflection; we're an established Championship side thanks to Lee irrespective of his shortfalls (that's not ment to be an accidental height pun).

Many Thanks Lee & Best of Luck for the future.

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

hes done better than a number of shite appointments in the past,hands tied by the financial programme he has done extremely well. sad to see him go in that respect but relieved we might see a fresh approach to the playing set up now,with hopefully some better performances.  lets hope this season was a blip on our march towards the promised land. onwards and upwards from now on in. cant see dean holden changing much unless hes secretly been saying he would but who knows. COYR  a very happy bunny tonight

Did he though? He had a cracking squad - he just didn't know what to do with it

No hard feelings towards LJ at all. I thank him for his efforts in progressing the club.

The board have done exactly the right thing though and i applaud them for being swift about it.

With 5 competitive games to assess a decent squad, a transfer window with good backing and a pre season, we should be an attractive proposition for a new manager.

24 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

People show some respect and don’t act like utter *****. Perhaps time for a freshen up but have to appreciate the job he’s done. Thanks for the memories lee 

Agree. I wanted him gone for a while. Now isn’t the time for gloating though, Wish him all the best in the future . It’s time to look forward now 

21 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

People show some respect and don’t act like utter *****. Perhaps time for a freshen up but have to appreciate the job he’s done. Thanks for the memories lee 

It seems as though, gladly,  most agree with your sentiments. Most, including me, wanted him to go  but respected him as a person. He did his best and that’s all you can ask of someone. It’s just that his best wasn’t good enough. It would have been better if SL had realised some time ago that his time was up. 

Sorry lee but obviously struggling for whatever reasons ,100% the correct decision by the board , but now we’ll see if we have the ambition to match the infrastructure at Ashton gate .The board need to employ big and sweep out ALLthe dead wood . 

I think his downfall was over complicating what is a simple game. No need for drones in training etc etc. Maybe that is the "new way" but to an old school fart like me is just hollow. My ample gut tells me the players will come out firing on all cylinders next game for a resounding win.

Sad to see someone lose their job, sad for his family.

We are a mess on the pitch though. Bloated squad of very similar, very inconsistent and very average players, many of whom are lightweights or just ‘road runners’. 

Have we progressed since Cotts departure?

League position yes, although if the season had 20 games left, then probably no. 

Identity and performance no. 

Even quality of players I’d question mark, over what Cotts left.

Whoever is coming in has has a massive job on their hands. That shouldn’t be the case, really shouldn’t. 

He’s the architect of his own downfall. I am grateful for the cup run and some great away performances but he’s had more than enough time and support.

Worst thing now would be to appoint from within. Holden and MacAllister have to go as well for me. 

Just now, Keepers Ball said:

So Mark Ashton relieves Lee Johnson and Dean Holden who Lee brought in, takes over as Caretaker . Oh the irony.
They should ALL be shown the f***** door!

Well they can't let them all go. Who ever comes in next will probably shove them out 

Just now, One Team said:

He’s the architect of his own downfall. I am grateful for the cup run and some great away performances but he’s had more than enough time and support.

Worst thing now would be to appoint from within. Holden and MacAllister have to go as well for me. 

Yes they would need to go, they are part of a failed regime. The new man would want his own staff

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

On the fence with Moyes. We all know why you like him, but that withstanding, part of me says he has had his day and is just plodding from one job to the other nowadays. On the flip side, perhaps a drop into the Championship and a chance to rebuild his reputation at an up and coming club (maybe), that already has a good set of players is just what he needs.

I personally think that we have already lined someone up. It's common knowledge that the club is always looking for the next player, even 2, to replace the next one to be sold. The same will go for the head coach. Either someone has already been approached, or there is a shortlist of who they want. Perhaps the replacement has already been made, but can't take over until the season is finished. The club just want to save face before things get too ugly.....

Ha ha yes. But if I put aside my obvious ‘thing’ I have for Moysie I genuinely think we would be ‘righting a wrong’, The club took the wrong path all those years ago and we could put it right. It would be right for him and right for us and would really lift the club.

But then, am I breaking my own rules about not letting emotion play a bigger part than the business of the club. Probably yes if I’m honest. 

Archived