IGNORED

Thank you LJ (Merged)

Lez

Just now, Super said:

Lets not slate the bloke. Time to go obviously but wish him well for the future.

Yep. 100%.

I like the guy, I wish him no ill will. I think he loves the club and I think he’s done a lot for us. He just couldn’t take us any further, and progressively lost his way. It happens. But I think he’s a good guy, and I hope he’s always welcome at Ashton Gate.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep. 100%.

I like the guy, I wish him no ill will. I think he loves the club and I think he’s done a lot for us. He just couldn’t take us any further, and progressively lost his way. It happens. But I think he’s a good guy, and I hope he’s always welcome at Ashton Gate.

Spot on. 

Hold your head high Lee. You have done ALOT of good for my club and i am so thankful for that. But think it’s the right decision, go and prove us wrong and make a success of yourself somewhere else. You have set us up for the next step. 

Too emotionally involved. Both the Lansdowns and the Johnson’s. The fairytale didn’t have a happy ending. Will be interesting who they appoint now. I want a clean sweep away from Holden and McAllister. 

Thank you though Lee for some happy memories, all the best for the future. Go and be your own man at another club.

9 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Thank you for allowing my son to fall in love with my football team - 2017 was a fantastic year for football at Ashton Gate 

#greatmemories

Yes, totally agree with this.

Cotts Championship winning team came at the right time for my son to start going to football as young boy but it’s the largely competitive Championship side we’ve had under Johnson that he’s really known. That win against Man Utd was magical and installed real pride in our club when kids at school often get laughed at for supporting their local team.

For the last 3 years we’ve been effectively safe from a relegation dogfight by Christmas and I’m grateful for that.

Just a shame that he couldn’t quite take us that extra level.

Good luck in the future Lee.

Had clearly ran out of ideas and had a massive squad that he couldn't get quite right. Think he's done a decent job overall, and for some he was never going to do enough, but ******* hell he never helped himself did he? Some of his interviews, the chopping and changing and the hanging out of players when things were going tough. He really needs to work on that as I can imagine he sucks the confidence out of players when things are going wrong hence the long streaks. 

Best of luck to him. 

For as much as I have grown to dislike him he helped this club through a massive rebuild and transition. Helped stabilise us after Cotterill, had rocky times but kept us safe another season, gave us an amazing season where it fizzled out but understandably so and got us to 70 points in the championship. All this while behind the scenes we were renovating AG, working towards upgrading the academy and training facilities and working through new philosophies. 

It is overdue him leaving this position but imo he helped get us to this level of expectation. Deserves our thanks. Cheers LJ

I wish LJ all the very best personally. He always had the best interests of this club at heart and I think he’s a good guy.

He’s taken us as far as he can, and we never quite made it under him so it’s the right time. 

I just pray we get the replacement right now... 

1 minute ago, BCFC-Tom said:

Here come fake thanks from people who never liked the bloke ?

Read my posts i have stuck up for him in even the most ridiculous times. Even still people can thank him who never wanted him because they can see the good things he has achieved

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Too emotionally involved. Both the Lansdowns and the Johnson’s. The fairytale didn’t have a happy ending. Will be interesting who they appoint now. I want a clean sweep away from Holden and McAllister. 

Thank you though Lee for some happy memories, all the best for the future. Go and be your own man at another club.

God I hope so!!! Too many connections and the management/coaching team need a new project elsewhere

Right time. I have been with him through previous tough periods and still was with him pre-lockdown but only by a whisker.  Did a decent job overall but it's been on the decline and has felt stale for a good while. Speaking as a season ticket holder it's been a tough gig going to AG this season so it's 100% the right call for both parties I feel without question. Will always like the guy and I'll be genuinely interested to see what he goes on to do as despite what the majority think of him his profile is still pretty strong I'd say. 

Archived