IGNORED

Thank you LJ (Merged)

Lez

22 minutes ago, Lez said:

For stabilising us and making us a strong championship side, you did a good job.

Tbh, at H/T at Man City i had goosebumps with what we seemed to be on the verge of. Have to say thank you for that. 
But boy am i glad hes now gone!

Are there any other Johnsons we might have to endure in the future?!?!

2 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Right time. I have been with him through previous tough periods and still was with him pre-lockdown but only by a whisker.  Did a decent job overall but it's been on the decline and has felt stale for a good while. Speaking as a season ticket holder it's been a tough gig going to AG this season so it's 100% the right call for both parties I feel without question. Will always like the guy and I'll be genuinely interested to see what he goes on to do as despite what the majority think of him his profile is still pretty strong I'd say. 

That’s pretty much where I am at too. Yes will be interesting to see where he is employed next, and of course the ‘type’ we go for. 

2 years with a chance of play offs is good enough for me. I’m unsure what some fans feel that we are due. Thank you Lee for some great memories. I feel this is a poor decision but let’s see what happens. I’m sure Lee has a great career ahead of him

A thread to say a thank you to LJ. Brought some of the best football back to the gate I have seen for a while and we will always remember that cup run to the semi finals. 

Good luck for whatever the future holds  

• The title was changed to Thank you LJ (Merged)

Great to have a former player managing us and he always gave us all. The Man Utd and both Man City games were incredible and the club has come on leaps and bounds since he was in charge.

His time had come and this was emphatically the right decision but I am glad of where the last four and a half years have got us and the new manager has a great platform to build from.

I really wanted him to succeed. I think he just ran out of ideas.

It is so rare to have a person with such a strong connection and affinity with the club.

It mirrors the time his Dad was in charge.

I think we have improved and moved forward with him at the helm. The trouble is he couldn't eradicate those long winless runs and at this level you will simply be found out.

What ever you think of his ability, nobody can deny LJ’s passion for the club and the job, and he has set it up for somebody to come in and really make a difference.  So nice for a new manager to not have to fight relegation first, the new guy can hit the ground running next season.  

Finally on LJ, that cup run and game v Man Utd will be remembered by every City fan for ever more, and if you spinning the ball boy around is your legacy as manager of this great club then it’s not a bad one!  Keep your chin up!  COYR

1 hour ago, tomvick89 said:

2 years with a chance of play offs is good enough for me. I’m unsure what some fans feel that we are due. Thank you Lee for some great memories. I feel this is a poor decision but let’s see what happens. I’m sure Lee has a great career ahead of him

You're on crack mate.

Thank you Lee for improving the profile of the club and introducing an open mindset .

I wish you the best of luck in your future career as I believe that one day you will get the glory that your efforts deserve .

Take your time, reflect on what you did right and wrong and move on .

I know you are a City fan at heart .

I felt genuinely sad when Cotts left even though that was also the correct decision. I'm just not feeling it here, the overriding emotion is just relief. 

Still it would be churlish not to say thanks for his undoubted hard work and he clearly had great affection for the club. 

For the first time in many many years, we have got rid of a manager but aren't in a perilous position by any means, which hopefully will be a big positive. 

I do not wish to wallow, make unkind comments or score points. I just want to say a couple of thank yous.

Firstly, to LJ for all of his hard work and efforts while Head Coach.

Particular thanks to the Board for taking a difficult decision.

As a City supporter of 60+ years, I have experienced many, many, emotions and moments of joy and sadness. My overriding feeling, following today’s decision, is one of immense relief. I have never had a boil lanced but I suspect the sense of relief might be similar. 

Whoever, succeeds LJ will inherit a superb situation....which includes a decent squad, a superb major stakeholder, a tolerant Board, a brilliant stadium, a great fan base, a new training facility, a sustainable strategy, etc.

Lets look forward with optimism. 

Thank you for what you did for the club. But this is a results business, you get the results and the money train will follow you. Obviously you were passionate about the club but that alone is not enough. 

Better to have tried and failed, than never tried, you  will have a future and so will the club let’s hope we are both successful. 

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep. 100%.

I like the guy, I wish him no ill will. I think he loves the club and I think he’s done a lot for us. He just couldn’t take us any further, and progressively lost his way. It happens. But I think he’s a good guy, and I hope he’s always welcome at Ashton Gate.

Yep - that sums it up for me . Very well said . 

LJ is the best "away" manager in my lifetime, and it's not even close. What we did last season in terms of wins at big teams away, is unprecedented. Even this season we're a top six team away from home. It's an oddity of his record but one he should always get credit for. I do think it hampered his reputation that a smaller % saw it.

34 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I do not wish to wallow, make unkind comments or score points. I just want to say a couple of thank yous.

Firstly, to LJ for all of his hard work and efforts while Head Coach.

Particular thanks to the Board for taking a difficult decision.

As a City supporter of 60+ years, I have experienced many, many, emotions and moments of joy and sadness. My overriding feeling, following today’s decision, is one of immense relief. I have never had a boil lanced but I suspect the sense of relief might be similar. 

Whoever, succeeds LJ will inherit a superb situation....which includes a decent squad, a superb major stakeholder, a tolerant Board, a brilliant stadium, a great fan base, a new training facility, a sustainable strategy, etc.

Lets look forward with optimism. 

Mods, sorry can you merge this please.

So thats another thank you!  

I doubt that anybody will stick their head up above the parapet and claim that this was the wrong time for Lee to go. All of us can point to things that meant that the football wasn't the enjoyable experience we all want.

But regardless of that, there are still some real highlights, not least the Man U victory. So I thought it would be good to have at least one thread where people could pick out a single good memory of his tenure and say thanks for the positives from his time with us. Let us be graceful in our farewell as well as grateful that it has come - so please try not to regurgitate all the stuff we have had on many, many other threads pointing out why you wanted him to go, even if only on this one thread.

It was time to go Lee - but thank you for some cracking memories along the way

I doubt that anybody will stick their head up above the parapet and claim that this was the wrong time for Lee to go. All of us can point to things that meant that the football wasn't the enjoyable experience we all want.

But regardless of that, there are still some real highlights, not least the Man U victory. So I thought it would be good to have at least one thread where people could pick out a single good memory of his tenure and say thanks for the positives from his time with us. Let us be graceful in our farewell as well as grateful that it has come - so please try not to regurgitate all the stuff we have had on many, many other threads pointing out why you wanted him to go, even if only on this one thread.

It was time to go Lee - but thank you for some cracking memories along the way

Archived