IGNORED

Mark Ashton out

bristolcitysweden

Mark's not had to bring in a new manager/HC yet, the club profile has been raised while he's been here and he does an excellent job with how much we receive when selling players. Think we'd need another poor manager or something terrible off pitch to happen for Mark to go.

Just now, Lez said:

No, Ashton has raised the profile of this club tenfold....fact is we now have top managers like Hughton linked to the BCFC job and a lot of that is down to Ashton.

Whose linking Hughton - the fans ?

He’s 11/2 to be the new Birmingham manager , he will be similar odds for us and any other championship role that becomes available 

Just now, Fuber said:

Let's wait and see the manager odds. Will be more telling about national perception of the clubs in terms of the top five linked.

Yeah the top 5 will be very different to the top 5 people on here want thats for sure

Just now, Murraysrightplum said:

Think he’s doing a good job in terms of recruiting and getting good value for transfers out. Better than we used to be anyway

This is my view.

Nagy's been fit since we returned and proven he should have played in the first place where possible - midfield has been much better this him. Ashton picked him up for £2m.

Genuine question, what has Mark Ashton done wrong?

He worked with Lee Johnson because that was his job, he did not pick tactics, he did not deal with the players or pick the team, he has brought us great players and done amazing deals to ensure they'd join us. If anything I want Ashton to stay and let the new manager do his thing and when he needs help to land a deal that's where Ashton should step in and give the new manager less to deal with but ensure the player joins us.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

100% should go as well.

His scattergun approach to transfers is every bit as much an issue as the now departed head coach.

Willing to bet that he doesn’t, though.

How is his approach scattergun ? He doesn't pick the transfers but just makes it happen.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Genuine question, what has Mark Ashton done wrong?

He worked with Lee Johnson because that was his job, he did not pick tactics, he did not deal with the players or pick the team, he has brought us great players and done amazing deals to ensure they'd join us. If anything I want Ashton to stay and let the new manager do his thing and when he needs help to land a deal that's where Ashton should step in and give the new manager less to deal with but ensure the player joins us.

Genuine answer......nothing !

I just cannot understand this Ashton slating that some people persist with.

I'm not massively for or against Mark Ashton, but there's no point ripping up everything at the club.  A lot has gone right over the last 4 years.  The next appointment is important, and Ashton should be a part of that

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Mark's not had to bring in a new manager/HC yet, the club profile has been raised while he's been here and he does an excellent job with how much we receive when selling players. Think we'd need another poor manager or something terrible off pitch to happen for Mark to go.

Did he not appoint LJ?

Genuine question, why would you want Ashton gone (on reasons related to performance in his role ONLY)?

I get that being the embodiment of management speak is annoying, but I have only seen us become more businesslike under his tenure. You may not like it, but it had to happen to keep up with the modern game 

14 minutes ago, Lez said:

No, Ashton has raised the profile of this club tenfold....fact is we now have top managers like Hughton linked to the BCFC job and a lot of that is down to Ashton.

Where has he been linked mate. All I've seen is a manager fans would like to have. Have you seen anything official? 

5 minutes ago, Roe said:

I'm not massively for or against Mark Ashton, but there's no point ripping up everything at the club.  A lot has gone right over the last 4 years.  The next appointment is important, and Ashton should be a part of that

The problem has been on the footballing side of matters. The rest of the club seems pretty sound. You can't blame Ashton for the managers transfer blunders. If anything he has worked miracles.

Archived