IGNORED

A small insight from Liam Walsh?

Rocky

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's just the standard temporary promotion until the new person is appointed. 

Interesting that nobody was immediately appointed (yet) so maybe the hierarchy weren't going to pull the trigger just yet 

I wonder if he was offered the chance to stay to the end of the season while club searched for a new manager with an 'amicable' split at the end of the season but declined the chance. 

Imagine being offered a job and then being given a different job to the one you’d been offered. I wouldn’t be happy with my boss. If you don’t want me to work for you then why give me a job? At least give me a fair chance to prove myself? I can understand IF Liam Walsh is annoyed with LJ.

1 minute ago, ReggyRed said:

Embarrassing, mr Walsh needs to have a look at himself.

Why? LJ to me is an arrogant man, and that’s looking from the outside. Walsh was signed by him for a million pounds, put straight into the squad ( and came on) at Man City, is clearly a very good footballer, but was frozen out by Johnson. 

Has had a brilliant season at Coventry and probably didn’t want to comeback and play for Johnson. His stock is high atm, I imagine a lot of clubs would take him off our hands, but now he feels he may get a fair chance with us, now Johnson isn’t here. 

All he is doing is expressing his feelings in a subtle way. Good on him. 

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Not true. When I was working everyone in my team loved me. I know this because they told me every time we were discussing pay rises and bonus payments 

Funny that, they told me that you were a c***!!!

:rofl2br:

8 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Was that Lee Tomlin doing the ‘sub me’ sign to Lee Johnson just after they scored? 

Thought that was ‘interesting’ if so.  

He definitely did that. I didn't realise it was aimed at LJ though, but makes sense. LT was a complete tit when he was here, and anything that happened was his own doing.

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Think they were waiting until the play offs were out of reach 

Should have announced at the end of February then!  :shocking:

24 minutes ago, Dodgy_Giefer said:

Imagine being offered a job and then being given a different job to the one you’d been offered. I wouldn’t be happy with my boss. If you don’t want me to work for you then why give me a job? At least give me a fair chance to prove myself? I can understand IF Liam Walsh is annoyed with LJ.

That’s all very well. 
But then imagine that it wasn’t your boss that offered you the job, it was your boss’s boss. And your boss didn’t really want you in the first place but was told to take you on by his boss. 

Fair play to Liam for having the balls to like that , he clearly knew he was never going to get a chance with Lee here, to me it shows a bit of something about him , good to know he's not just another spineless playing scared to say anything

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s all very well. 
But then imagine that it wasn’t your boss that offered you the job, it was your boss’s boss. And your boss didn’t really want you in the first place but was told to take you on by his boss. 

This is what concerns me going forward. 

I hope to god we don’t go for another yes man so Ashton can carry on controlling the signings. We need a top manager and that person won’t go along with current set up.

Time for lansdown to redefine ashtons role I think.

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Fair play to Liam for having the balls to like that , he clearly knew he was never going to get a chance with Lee here, to me it shows a bit of something about him , good to know he's not just another spineless playing scared to say anything

I’m unclear why there aren’t more likes. Clearly Tomlin had no respect for LJ. Wilbo let that cat out of the bag.

Walsh never given a chance in the dodgiest midfield since we fielded children against Fulham.  

the tip of the iceberg! 

46 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Why? LJ to me is an arrogant man, and that’s looking from the outside. Walsh was signed by him for a million pounds, put straight into the squad ( and came on) at Man City, is clearly a very good footballer, but was frozen out by Johnson. 

Has had a brilliant season at Coventry and probably didn’t want to comeback and play for Johnson. His stock is high atm, I imagine a lot of clubs would take him off our hands, but now he feels he may get a fair chance with us, now Johnson isn’t here. 

All he is doing is expressing his feelings in a subtle way. Good on him. 

I know of one recruitment analysis team engaged by a club to evaluate Walsh, and progress the steps of trying to sign him.  I suspect that club was either Coventry or Peterborough.  Things have changed, not least club have exercised their one year option.

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s all very well. 

We will get the chance to see MA in action with a new head coach now.  Interesting times ahead!!!

19 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Yes very brave of him....

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He definitely did that. I didn't realise it was aimed at LJ though, but makes sense. LT was a complete tit when he was here, and anything that happened was his own doing.

I thought he was making that sign to his manager. It was both substitutes that setup and scored the goal....could be wrong though 

Archived