IGNORED

A small insight from Liam Walsh?

Rocky

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Why? LJ to me is an arrogant man, and that’s looking from the outside. Walsh was signed by him for a million pounds, put straight into the squad ( and came on) at Man City, is clearly a very good footballer, but was frozen out by Johnson. 

Has had a brilliant season at Coventry and probably didn’t want to comeback and play for Johnson. His stock is high atm, I imagine a lot of clubs would take him off our hands, but now he feels he may get a fair chance with us, now Johnson isn’t here. 

All he is doing is expressing his feelings in a subtle way. Good on him. 

Uhhhh, initially I though he was a cock for liking these, but this is an interesting way of looking at things and worth thinking about. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

I wonder if he was offered the chance to stay to the end of the season while club searched for a new manager with an 'amicable' split at the end of the season but declined the chance. 

he was never going to admit to getting anything wrong so was probably glad to get sacked before he had to

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Was that Lee Tomlin doing the ‘sub me’ sign to Lee Johnson just after they scored? 

Thought that was ‘interesting’ if so.  

I noticed that. He certainly did the rolling hands finished thing. It all makes sense now. 

I hate it that Tomlin had the last laugh.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think there’s any workplace where 100% of a team of 30ish like their boss.

Of course, let’s be honest, LJ’s a little bloke with a big ego (bruised now no doubt) I bet there’s a lot of players glad to see the back of him! Anyway, forwards we go, City till I die! Two bottles of red wine gives you a good perspective on life!

I can't blame any of the young players having a chuckle at his departure. He's been poor at promoting young talent. Even this week, he's referred to Zak Vyner as the Homegrown, ie you're only in the squad due to rules, not merit.

3 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

72975868-72ED-48AF-A08C-923D062609AB.png

Lee Tomlin in Twitter attention seeking shocker.

Bloke has always had the talent and very often can't be arsed. His ego can't take criticism and when that happens he usually goes off for a sulk and finds another club.

What I will say though, is thank you Tomlin. Thank you for playing your part in helping kick Johnson out of our club today. You're still a waste of a talent and a knob though.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I noticed that. He certainly did the rolling hands finished thing. It all makes sense now. 

Just 1 pass in the top third to unlock our defence.

If only we had a Tomlin, eh and didn't sell him!

Pack & Flint must have a grin on too & who could blame them today.

1 minute ago, LocoPal said:

Just 1 pass in the top third to unlock our defence.

If only we had a Tomlin, eh and didn't sell him!

Pack & Flint must have a grin on too & who could blame them today.

We do and his name is Palmer. 

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

Of course, let’s be honest, LJ’s a little bloke with a big ego (bruised now no doubt) I bet there’s a lot of players glad to see the back of him! Anyway, forwards we go, City till I die! Two bottles of red wine gives you a good perspective on life!

:laugh: true

1 minute ago, LocoPal said:

That's the entire squad! ... coaching staff & tea leadies then

thatss what i was getting at ??

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Out of interest - might stop being lazy and look for myself - which players, if any, have come out and said they are disappointed or sad that LJ is gone? You'd usually expect a few at least. 

Depends if the club has told them to keep quiet.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Maybe but, whilst I get the club telling players not to express in-depth opinions, I find it a bit surprising that they've told players they can't thanking LJ and wishing him well. I'd have thought it looks worse for the club if players don't do that...

11 hours ago, RedM said:

I doubt that very much.

Tomlin will have completely disappeared as anything relevant in the Football industry within a couple of seasons.

I have no doubt that Lee, as still one of the youngest League Managers yet massively experienced, will return before too long and find success elsewhere . Despite the social media vitriol he has been subject to- he's done a pretty good job wherever he's been and is a highly respected coach.

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

10 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Maybe but, whilst I get the club telling players not to express in-depth opinions, I find it a bit surprising that they've told players they can't thanking LJ and wishing him well. I'd have thought it looks worse for the club if players don't do that...

IIRC there was no shortage of comments from various players when Tomlin left.

Archived