IGNORED

A small insight from Liam Walsh?

Rocky

Yeah let's all call Liam a bell end or unprofessional, it's not like he's just had a multiple award winning season that's resulted in the team getting promoted and is still our player. He'll love reading how his own fans care more about defending a man who isn't a part of the club anymore over their potential starting central midfielder next season... 

Liam only one of many players unhappy with Tombola Lee, just look at team selections for the last 2 seasons.

if Lee had used a cup draw style selection for each player position instead of his personality biased selections I am sure we would have been in a far better position now - Just remember BW last season, repeatedly selected while injured and unfit, cost him his international chances and did nothing for us!
Would also strongly suggest Paterson was shipped out to force LJ to pick players on merit!

Unhappily Lee was never going to be the future for City, it’s a pity and a wasted opportunity that he was allowed to stay so long - I hope he learns from this and does well in the future.

Gregor in an article on the post website comments on the lack of response from the players to LJs sacking. 

He quotes an unnamed ex city player at Cardiff (so Pack or Flint) saying that LJ was miles better as a coach than Warnock but Warnock was by miles a better man manager. 

I would say it was like this, LJ could show a man how to run through a brick wall, take everything step by step, show him what to do at each stage and how to do it safely. He couldn't however install the belief in the man that he could actually do it. 

Colin could make men run through walls using only one dangerous method that didn't always work but the man had absolute belief that he could do it. 

So that's the difference, if you can't convince the players when it comes to kick off that the brilliant strategy you have practiced and practiced is going to work, it won't. 

7 hours ago, bpexile said:

I'm wondering if LJ's treatment of Palmer had anything to do with him losing the job, probably just one of a few reasons.

I’m sure it’s one of a number of reasons.

Any CEO or owner worth his salt would be critiquing the spend of £3.5m / £20k a week on a player who your head coach hadn’t utilised fully on loan in the previous season.

Lee has said it was his signing, had challenged Palmer to get himself fit over the summer (he did that) and must have given a strong argument to MA / SL to bring him back....only to not find a way of fitting him in.

The worry is that the £1-1.5m “for the future” players like Walsh, O’Dowda, Engvall, etc is being replaced by £3-4m players who don’t justify the tag.

Players at pretty much every club frequently slip down the pecking order or feel (like Walsh) that the manager isn’t giving them much of an opportunity and consequently become bitter and resentful.

I’m glad tho that Palmer hasn’t behaved in an unprofessional manner like Walsh has.

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Gregor in an article on the post website comments on the lack of response from the players to LJs sacking. 

He quotes an unnamed ex city player at Cardiff (so Pack or Flint) saying that LJ was miles better as a coach than Warnock but Warnock was by miles a better man manager. 

I would say it was like this, LJ could show a man how to run through a brick wall, take everything step by step, show him what to do at each stage and how to do it safely. He couldn't however install the belief in the man that he could actually do it. 

Colin could make men run through walls using only one dangerous method that didn't always work but the man had absolute belief that he could do it. 

So that's the difference, if you can't convince the players when it comes to kick off that the brilliant strategy you have practiced and practiced is going to work, it won't. 

That makes sense. I certainly got the impression recently that our players wouldn't be able to step over a one foot high brick wall. We've been playing without belief for a while.

Archived