IGNORED

The good news is..........

slartibartfast

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

SL has finally broken the "fellowship" !

What I mean is , if the next guy fails (and I pray he doesn't) Steve won't have any qualms or pangs of  conscience of sacking a family friend .

Don’t mix friends, family and business! Oooops!

All credit to Steve Lansdown.  People were saying he wouldn’t sack LJ, but they were wrong and he’s shown there were limits to his patience.

I wonder how much was down to what may have been the biggest tactical error on the day.  Not on the pitch, but instead of blaming the players, he took a veiled swipe at the owner for selling players.

Not one of your smartest moves LJ!

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

All credit to Steve Lansdown.  People were saying he wouldn’t sack LJ, but they were wrong and he’s shown there were limits to his patience.

I wonder how much was down to what may have been the biggest tactical error on the day.  Not on the pitch, but instead of blaming the players, he took a veiled swipe at the owner for selling players.

Ummm... Its 2 years later than most managers so id disagree

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

SL has finally broken the "fellowship" !

What I mean is , if the next guy fails (and I pray he doesn't) Steve won't have any qualms or pangs of  conscience of sacking a family friend .

I thought this was going to be something about being precious 

1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Sure, it’s taken way too long, but I’m surprised and pleased he hasn’t waited until the end of the season, so he’s given us time ti get someone in.

18 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I should imagine he already knew what was planned which is why he said it. 

18 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Must have made his mind up long before Jonos interview.

As much as the results,the turgid football on display since the restart must have sent Lansdown over the edge.

9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Must have made his mind up long before Jonos interview.

As much as the results,the turgid football on display since the restart must have sent Lansdown over the edge.

Could well have been LJ already knew it was on the cards as you say.  

There certainly weren’t any rumours on here, so it was kept amazingly quiet if so.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea why people don’t think SL isn’t ruthless. He always has been with sackings but he also like stability and to give managers a chance. He has a good balance with it and when you look at other clubs, we are lucky to have him.

Yep. This is entirely in keeping with his previous sackings, he'll give a manager every chance to put things right until he believes they can't do it. That will rarely, if ever, be quick enough for most supporters but it's a consistent approach.

I believe that whoever comes in should have had no previous association with the owners or CEO. It's time for a new voice in the dressing room with a clear vision of the way ahead.

No more in-house promotions and nepotism, favouring appointments within roles around the club (except for Jon L, of course, but that's very different!).

The next management/coaching team should be contracted to come in and achieve targets and they'll be supported fully.

Rewarded if they succeed but dismissed if they fail. That's football.

Archived