Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

SL has finally broken the "fellowship" !

What I mean is , if the next guy fails (and I pray he doesn't) Steve won't have any qualms or pangs of  conscience of sacking a family friend .

Don’t mix friends, family and business! Oooops!

Link to post
Share on other sites

All credit to Steve Lansdown.  People were saying he wouldn’t sack LJ, but they were wrong and he’s shown there were limits to his patience.

I wonder how much was down to what may have been the biggest tactical error on the day.  Not on the pitch, but instead of blaming the players, he took a veiled swipe at the owner for selling players.

Not one of your smartest moves LJ!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea why people don’t think SL isn’t ruthless. He always has been with sackings but he also like stability and to give managers a chance. He has a good balance with it and when you look at other clubs, we are lucky to have him.

Edited by Alex_BCFC
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

All credit to Steve Lansdown.  People were saying he wouldn’t sack LJ, but they were wrong and he’s shown there were limits to his patience.

I wonder how much was down to what may have been the biggest tactical error on the day.  Not on the pitch, but instead of blaming the players, he took a veiled swipe at the owner for selling players.

Not one of your smartest moves LJ!

Ummm... Its 2 years later than most managers so id disagree

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

SL has finally broken the "fellowship" !

What I mean is , if the next guy fails (and I pray he doesn't) Steve won't have any qualms or pangs of  conscience of sacking a family friend .

I thought this was going to be something about being precious 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Ummm... Its 2 years later than most managers so id disagree

 

1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Ummm... Its 2 years later than most managers so id disagree

Sure, it’s taken way too long, but I’m surprised and pleased he hasn’t waited until the end of the season, so he’s given us time ti get someone in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Appleton.  OH FFS - you're going to give me nightmares. 

That's the bugger. I'm already there mate. How underwhelming would that be? :(

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Ummm... Its 2 years later than most managers so id disagree

Well it's not you who is bankrolling the club is it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

All credit to Steve Lansdown.  People were saying he wouldn’t sack LJ, but they were wrong and he’s shown there were limits to his patience.

I wonder how much was down to what may have been the biggest tactical error on the day.  Not on the pitch, but instead of blaming the players, he took a veiled swipe at the owner for selling players.

Not one of your smartest moves LJ!

I should imagine he already knew what was planned which is why he said it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

All credit to Steve Lansdown.  People were saying he wouldn’t sack LJ, but they were wrong and he’s shown there were limits to his patience.

I wonder how much was down to what may have been the biggest tactical error on the day.  Not on the pitch, but instead of blaming the players, he took a veiled swipe at the owner for selling players.

Not one of your smartest moves LJ!

Must have made his mind up long before Jonos interview.

As much as the results,the turgid football on display since the restart must have sent Lansdown over the edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Must have made his mind up long before Jonos interview.

As much as the results,the turgid football on display since the restart must have sent Lansdown over the edge.

Could well have been LJ already knew it was on the cards as you say.  

There certainly weren’t any rumours on here, so it was kept amazingly quiet if so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea why people don’t think SL isn’t ruthless. He always has been with sackings but he also like stability and to give managers a chance. He has a good balance with it and when you look at other clubs, we are lucky to have him.

Yep. This is entirely in keeping with his previous sackings, he'll give a manager every chance to put things right until he believes they can't do it. That will rarely, if ever, be quick enough for most supporters but it's a consistent approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that whoever comes in should have had no previous association with the owners or CEO. It's time for a new voice in the dressing room with a clear vision of the way ahead.

No more in-house promotions and nepotism, favouring appointments within roles around the club (except for Jon L, of course, but that's very different!).

The next management/coaching team should be contracted to come in and achieve targets and they'll be supported fully.

Rewarded if they succeed but dismissed if they fail. That's football.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...