IGNORED

Today’s Inept Approach

Davefevs

I know LJ has now been relieved of his duties, but at what point did our professional coaching team, analysts, etc, decide that pinging long balls down Sean Morrison’s throat.

i get that under pressure, you can’t be particular about where the ball goes but for 60 minutes we pinged balls to their RCB, predominantly from Bentley.

First half charts - green upside down “V” is an aerial win

AC7E3F56-0D78-46C4-B2FE-FC8C9E0CE6A7.thumb.jpeg.e0b82ae3efa2b0d9d5323a9307bb5482.jpeg

7 wins in their half (3 in our box too).

Contrast that with Curtis Nelson at LCB:

5D5BEA3F-77FD-4542-99DC-965D8C34AE9C.thumb.jpeg.f18064193fe5b86c3e87f485838f71d5.jpeg

1 win, but a couple of fouls.

Surely that wasn’t the plan?

Why did Diedhiou go and stand by Morrison, making it a magnet for Bentley’s kicks.

Second half, we started clipping a couple of balls down the sides and we built some attacks.

Afobe came on and he played on Morrison, and Fam moved over to Nelson, and we started to win aerial ball, or at least it didn’t come back with purchase.

It really is quite basic stuff! ?

In effect we played to Cardiff’s strengths not ours! ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

This is why not only LJ, but Holden and Jamie Mc need to go as well, both part of the problem not a solution!

I agree, although I can imagine SL wanting to keep Macca (future manager quotes previously)....but to contradict myself, surprised he didn’t get the nod as caretaker?

Archived