IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

"a fair amount of turn around in playing staff" is the quote. 

I'm going to end up being a pain in the ass now so apologies but, is this related to the amount of players he used, or that there needs to be a clear out?

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

"a fair amount of turn around in playing staff" is the quote. 

I'm going to end up being a pain in the ass now so apologies but, is this related to the amount of players he used, or that there needs to be a clear out?

Having been through the candidates per the bookies, a few things spring to mind:

- We ain’t the draw that some of us think we are per the bookmakers, who are rarely wrong. That reads like a candidate list for a Sunderland or a Birmingham in their current states. Not an upwardly mobile Championship side. Are we still seen as a backwater?

- Further to that, it’s not an inspiring list. Standouts are Robins and Cook to me

- Pulis. FFS....

Just now, cityloyal473 said:

That was my thought - Squad seems bigger and less settled now than in recent years, maybe move a few on and bring in some quality in key positions? Get a proper starting 11 and make LJ take his tombola machine with him.

I think that the club is a lot more attractive than we think, surprises maybe?

who had heard of the Wolves manager 4 years ago, let’s keep an open mind, as Long as they have managerial pedigree, experience and know what a strategy and first team looks like it works for me?We cannot and should not accept any more up and coming/fits the DNA/knows the project/process, successful managers/Coaches already know their style/formation and best playing squad positions.  

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Did I see Fabio Cannavaro at 25-1.

That's what we need - some Italiano Tutti Frutti down the Gate. 

Go get Fab!

'Fabio Cannavaro's Bristol City' has a decent ring to it; on a seperate note, it would by no-means shock me if we went for a foreign coach ala Brentford. Suites the head-coach role much more. Van Bommel, Wagner, Jokanovic, etc.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Who the hell is Gareth Ainsworth? Gerrard would be immense. Adkins would also be very welcome

Sorry but why would Gerrard be immense? Just because he was a great player? He's won nothing with one of the biggest teams in the dog and duck league..

Surely the timing of this rules out any managers in jobs fighting for promotion? 

Ainsworth is fighting for promotion as is Neill at Preston.....I chang imagine BCFC going direct to these clubs now nor will managers surely want to go......not until the season is over.

This to me gives the impression we have someone potentially lined up.....either that or going for someone who isnt in the midst of a promotion charge. 

Hughton surely got to be number 1 target based on the timing.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Who the hell is Gareth Ainsworth? Gerrard would be immense. Adkins would also be very welcome

Gareth Ainsworth is the long haired manager who stands on the sidelines in jeans and a leather jacket looking like he's about to strap on a guitar and replace Steve Harris in Iron Maiden. Knows his stuff though. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How could you not have heard of him - one of longest serving managers in the football league?!

Not a chance of Gerrard.

Also a very very good player. Would bring heavy metal football to the Gate judging by his musical tastes! 

Just now, Jcolebristol said:

The fact he was removed today, surely means someone is lined up.

Why remove him today if you don’t have someone else in mind? I don’t feel like his job was so on the line that it was ‘win or go’. It’s been worse than this and he’s stayed.

I thought that too. A nice quick appointment would be ideal. Alan Curbishley? ?

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Gareth Ainsworth is the long haired manager who stands on the sidelines in jeans and a leather jacket looking like he's about to strap on a guitar and replace Steve Harris in Iron Maiden. Knows his stuff though. 

Was manager of Wycombe when they stayed up at the expense of the sags. Now on the verge of the Championship despite Wycombe being tinpot and with no money. 

Archived