IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

Jokanovic would be my choice from that lot. Mentioned him to a couple of mates earlier, but he'd want a shit load to spend. Hughton would turn us around, I'm sure. Not keen on Robins, not done it at this level. Uninspired by Cook or Ainsworth

Lee Bowyer might be one to keep an eye on

If it's Pulis I wouldn't spend a single penny whilst he was in charge. I wouldn't piss up his arse if his shit was on fire

26 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

The fact he was removed today, surely means someone is lined up.

Why remove him today if you don’t have someone else in mind? I don’t feel like his job was so on the line that it was ‘win or go’. It’s been worse than this and he’s stayed.

maybe he'd lost the dressing room and it was necessary to get him out now to try and win over some places and keep them here next season?

28 minutes ago, Lez said:

Surely the timing of this rules out any managers in jobs fighting for promotion? 

Ainsworth is fighting for promotion as is Neill at Preston.....I chang imagine BCFC going direct to these clubs now nor will managers surely want to go......not until the season is over.

This to me gives the impression we have someone potentially lined up.....either that or going for someone who isnt in the midst of a promotion charge. 

Hughton surely got to be number 1 target based on the timing.

11 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

If it's Pulis I wouldn't spend a single penny whilst he was in charge. I wouldn't piss up his arse if his shit was on fire

Wonderful. Are there any scenarios when you would piss directly in Tony’s anus? 

Keep that to yourself

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Next city manager odds
Pulis 5/1
Ainsworth 8/1
Bowyer 8/1
Clough 8/1
Holden 8/1
Hughton 8/1
Cook 12/1
Curle 14/1
Loads more at 14/1 and higher too

The fact they have Pulis as the 5/1 favourite is embarrassing for them, zero chance of our chairman employing him!

29 minutes ago, Lez said:

Surely the timing of this rules out any managers in jobs fighting for promotion? 

Ainsworth is fighting for promotion as is Neill at Preston.....I chang imagine BCFC going direct to these clubs now nor will managers surely want to go......not until the season is over.

This to me gives the impression we have someone potentially lined up.....either that or going for someone who isnt in the midst of a promotion charge. 

Hughton surely got to be number 1 target based on the timing.

As we are not going up or not going down........I would imagine Holden will be in charge for the next 4  to 5 games.   Then we will appoint a manager for the long term, I think that we already have someone in mind, as I believe Lansdown and Ashton saw this as a possibility some time ago.  Who that someone is, is open to conjecture.  But Pullis is a non starter for sure.

19 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Wonderful. Are there any scenarios when you would piss directly in Tony’s anus? 

Keep that to yourself

I would certainly take one for the team if it stopped the appointment happening. And I sincerely mean that

In no particular order, and in no way exhaustive:

Cook

Ainsworth

Adkins (like Hughton his name will be spelt wrong)

Clough

Rosler (although only went to Düsseldorf in January)

I’m a bit luke warm on Hughton, possibly because I thought he might want a bigger club than us, plus I didn’t think he’d still be out of work at a time when LJ left.

So that’s 6 names.  My knowledge outside of English football has gone downhill over the years as I stopped playing Football Manager.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t believe anybody takes these things seriously . Bookies do it to make a few quid and odds change with a £5 bet.

dont really get people wanting robins . He’s done very little as a manager apart from cov 

Agreed I Don’t get the Mark Robins thing although I think he has a good chance getting it. Seemed to have been in the final 3 for the last few vacancies, and although I don’t think it should matter, the fact he has a link, with the club from his successful loan back in the day, always seems to help. Based on a number of recent appointments the club seem to like to appoint managers who are known to the board.

However, I don’t get the excitement with him. Seems to have a solid record of establishing teams near relegation and then leaving shortly after without really progressing the clubs (Barnsley, Huddersfield, Sculthorpe, Rotherham). He’s clearly done very well at Coventry, but they are a big club for that league.  I also fear he doesn’t have the dynamic personality we need and could seem similarities to how the fans took to SOD.

I feel the same with Nigel Clough and I’m not sure his style of football is what we want.

After four years of something quite similar, II just want someone who brings some excitement even if they are a risk and the appointment could go one way or the other.

But the things with managers you never know…Time will tell.

Archived