IGNORED

Next manager odds

And Its Smith

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I’d be surprised by Flynn not to mention hugely disappointed. Need a name and experience now

If the key target is promotion... we really should employ someone who has done it at this level. 
Also, someone the players will respect. I think that became a problem with LJ in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

If the key target is promotion... we really should employ someone who has done it at this level. 
Also, someone the players will respect. I think that became a problem with LJ in the end. 

The minimum requirement should at the very least be someone that has a promotion on their CV which is why I would be OK with Cook or  the Plymouth guy, personally I would want a foreign coach as they seem to have fantastic success at this level

16 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Sorry Tone and CR but I've had her (Rudolf had cramp) and she's crap at Scrambled Eggs for breakfast but great at reverse  cowgirl.

You too?

I think it was her anyway, does 'I'll be whoever you want me to be' count? ?

I can't honestly remember if it was her or Dannii Minogue TBH.

10 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

The minimum requirement should at the very least be someone that has a promotion on their CV which is why I would be OK with Cook or  the Plymouth guy, personally I would want a foreign coach as they seem to have fantastic success at this level

Hard to argue any of that. Jokanovich would be really interesting and different. 

sadly I think “fitting in” will be the key qualifying criteria here. 

13 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Was SL the boss when we tried that with Benny or was Scott Davison in charge then?

4 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Sorry if we replace LJ with someone who finished 14th in league two, I’m done. That’s a cancel your season ticket kind of appointment.

That would literally be the end of days for me... we would literally be a laughing stock!!

Newport fan here in peace, Flynn would be a totally ridiculous decision for your board to make, last season we played the worst football I have ever seen played anywhere. His tactics, starting XI and substitutions were baffling, he played our number 9 in central midfield. It was painful to watch, I’m not saying this to dissuade you, he isn’t anywhere near Championship level, let alone Championship trying to get into the Premier League level, I think most fans here want him sacked, he just isn’t good enough for that level

On 04/07/2020 at 20:23, The Batman said:

????????

Bad enough the first time around. 

There are probably a generation of city fans that never endured his management with us, but my god it was utter dross. 

if it's Pulis, I think I'm done with the club, at least until he's gone. Still, would really be a reminder to some that you should be careful for what you wish for. Those thinking that LJ would be replaced by Eddie Howe need their heads checked. 

Interesting that Lowe has gone from odds on to 8/1 in the space of a few hours....shows that the bookies have no idea.....as for Flynn at Newport if this was to happen I would have no faith in SL and co.

2 hours ago, Lez said:

Interesting that Lowe has gone from odds on to 8/1 in the space of a few hours....shows that the bookies have no idea.....as for Flynn at Newport if this was to happen I would have no faith in SL and co.

Or there’s so little money in the market a few bets here and there are still able to influence it

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Carlos Carvalhal Would be a good shout 

Please no 

8 hours ago, Exile1989 said:

Newport fan here in peace, Flynn would be a totally ridiculous decision for your board to make, last season we played the worst football I have ever seen played anywhere. His tactics, starting XI and substitutions were baffling, he played our number 9 in central midfield. It was painful to watch,

If we want continuity he sounds just the man!

11 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Listen to the ipswich fans they blame him for thier downward trend saying he wasted money on poor signings :laugh: now where have we heard this before he also comes across as a dour bloke .

Mick McCarthy had less than £1m per season to spend on buying players whilst he was at Ipswich - he was there for 6 years and he was allowed £5m in total across those 6 years - and despite the severe financial restrictions under which he had to work he kept Ipswich competitive in one of the best divisions in the world. Pretty fine achievement in my opinion and he can hardly be accused of ‘wasting money’ throughout his Portman Road reign ...

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Arne Slot has appeared at 20/1. He’s a manager I’ve been advocating for to friends. His Alkmaar team play incredible football.  So much movement in a 4-2-3-1 but with full backs that double as midfielders at times. Interesting. 

I’ve mentioned him in another topic, his name has come from nowhere. I’ve looked at the names linked to both us & Birmingham - He hasn’t been linked with them by the bookies. 

Archived